Ryse: Son of Rome [XO]

They are using mystical powers in co op mode, I am sure they won't be worrying about historical accuracy. From the history I read Romans could not call lightening from the sky ;) ! My guess is, we will have more weapons for variety. Atleast , we should.

There were rumors about solar rays at that time :LOL:.

They are using mystical powers in co op mode, I am sure they won't be worrying about historical accuracy. From the history I read Romans could not call lightening from the sky ;) ! My guess is, we will have more weapons for variety. Atleast , we should.

Its crytek so when you're 70% done with the campaign you will open an portal and an Alpha ceph will appear.

Coop god powers are just nano machines.

By that I hope it's 1920 x 1080 not some 1280 x 1080, Crytek tricked us this gen with suedo 720p on consoles so I hope it's not suedo 1080p this time around.

They were very open about their resolution solutions in C2 and C3. And considering what they've achieved with both games technically You can give them some slack about subHD. You can argue about priority of their rendering budgets, but not really that they dropped to subHD, because they liked it that way.
1080p native seems like 1920x1080 to me, of course its only one source from one convention, but Xbone is easily capable of running Crysis 3 on Medium in 30hz, so dont see why they wouldnt just tweak cvars but keep resolution, on the other hand they are using tons of Very High and High settings from C3.

Oh... did not know that.

Maybe they should collaborate with 343i about a Spartan MJOLNIR themed armour set (same idea as the Fable 2 Halo armour). >_>

I'm confused as to what happened.

A) He stabs enemy 1. Magically switches to stabbing and killing Enemy 2 while Enemy 1 is now on the right and still alive. Then he cuts off Enemy 1's forearm.

B) He stabs Enemy 1. He uses him as a meat shield to push back Enemy 2. Cuts off Enemy 2's forearm.

So, has Crytek confirmed the native resolution of Ryse yet? I know DF has claimed 1080p but will there be fishy stories just like the ones from Killer Instinct?
Not that I know of. I want it to run at 1080p but I am sooo getting this game at launch no matter what, no matter the reviews -I couldn't care less-. :cool:

I just LOVE anything with the name CryEngine :love: in it -got used to Unreal engine in the last generation but it wasn't made for consoles, imho-. That and this gif -sheer CryEngine- did it for me. -thanks DieH@rd-

http://i.minus.com/iZ2zaOxSRkJlP.gif

I can't wait for Crytek to unleash the true capabilities of CryEngine on PC and next gen consoles.

I'm confused as to what happened.

A) He stabs enemy 1. Magically switches to stabbing and killing Enemy 2 while Enemy 1 is now on the right and still alive. Then he cuts off Enemy 1's forearm.

B) He stabs Enemy 1. He uses him as a meat shield to push back Enemy 2. Cuts off Enemy 2's forearm.

In the first video. He stabs the enemy on the right, then using the sword embedded in the enemy pushes him into the enemy on the left. He then withdraws his sword which allows the first enemy to slide to the ground and then chops off the arm of the surviving. enemy.

So basically .

Watching the second video this makes me think of a more "realistic" take on the Batman AA/City combat. Each attack move can freely move into any other attack move. There are take downs (executions in Ryse) you can perform mid-combat or not. You can counter (Block in the case of Ryse) at any moment, except without the floating icon that exists in Batman to tell you to counter. And you combat easily flows from one enemy to another enemy depending on which one you feel represents the best opportunity of attack.

Being more realistic you obviously don't go flying 30-40 feet through the air to hit an enemy across the screen that you switched your target to like you do in the Batman games. Then again, you're playing a Roman Centurion and not a modern day super hero. :)

Regards,
SB

So is this still QTE based? From what I understand they just replaced the button prompts with colored outlines around enemies.
Or is that related to the execution mode?

So is this still QTE based? From what I understand they just replaced the button prompts with colored outlines around enemies.
Its the same as before, prompts replaced by outlines. Devs have confirmed that.

BTW, saw some cool screens in another forum. Will find the link

Its always been execution mode its just an fancy way to kill an enemy and get bonus gold and exp from what i heard you could just as easily play the whole game without going into QTE or at least the normal enemy encounters.

Yeah, the reason the game got a "QTE fest" label is because the E3 demo was too easy and had almost no AI. The QTE aspect is really just for bonus XP and executions.

Yeah, the reason the game got a "QTE fest" label is because the E3 demo was too easy and had almost no AI. The QTE aspect is really just for bonus XP and executions.

That and it is more of a slow-mo mode than a true QTE, it appears to use the same animations but depending on where you are in a chain you would get different kill animations. When I think QTE I think of no matter what I do I am only going to see X, but with this you get to see dozens of variations. Granted I still don't care much for it, but remember how nuts the general press went with the E3 presentation of Fallout 3? I wonder if Crytek thought maybe if we bring the slow-mo gore of limbs falling off people will go nuts?

The only think that i don't like visually about this game is the background, so blurry sometimes, i hope they can improve that.

I think people aren't looking carefully enough. They clearly turn on a bit more blurring of the backgrounds to highlight the brutally of the executions. But when you're back into normal gameplay, a good chunk of that blur effect goes away.

Its always been execution mode its just an fancy way to kill an enemy and get bonus gold and exp from what i heard you could just as easily play the whole game without going into QTE or at least the normal enemy encounters.

Yes, it is almost exactly the same as the take downs in the Batman games, including the slow motion aspect.

But they do speed things up compared to the Batman games by not slowing down counters (blocks in Ryse) and not putting a floating icon over an enemies head when you need to counter (you can remove it in the highest difficulty level in Batman).

Really, from what I'm seeing, combat is almost exactly like a less acrobatic version of what you have in the Batman games. Which is to be expected as a Roman centurion is not a superhero.

Regards,
SB

Found them :) :

xDmChqB.jpg

zKiH9S8.jpg

9G7bNbW.jpg

oY6Wgae.jpg

Love the detail of the helmet plume as well as the detail in the wooden shield. Shallow focus, lighting, shadows and foliage are amazing...even the rock textures look good close up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back