Ryse: Son of Rome [XO]

Graphics look really great, actually. The gameplay however, looks ... quite bad. :(

The changing levels idea is fab,

IMO, either the game should be fast paced and fantasy-based so that it is super fun (DMC, GOW, Darksiders) or if you are going for swordplay only , make it like Demons Souls where it actually feels like slow, deliberate sword play where mistakes matter, blocks save your hide and parry makes the world go round.

For me, this is somewhere nowhere. Looks like they are comfortable with this gamepay system, so I don't think I can hope for a change. looks like the Darksiders devs are working on some other project, or came too late into this one.

What is their targeting system like? I mean, though its a dev playing, many times his attacks point away from the enemy by mistake. The game doesn't provide any visual cue for me to guess.

The QTEs are the same. They replaced the button prompts with a glow around the enemy. hit action when he glows. Good that they removed the button prompts.

Have to praise Crytek, for a launch game with time pressures, this looks slick (when did they start on this, btw?). Maybe the gameplay isn't my type at all.

For now, I'm just hoping that the people playing here (this looked like a multi-player match actually) just don't really know what they're doing, and that there are in fact a lot of nice, different moves with evades, dives, counters, whatever. That's usually what I miss in these types of larger scale brawlers.

For now, I'm just hoping that the people playing here (this looked like a multi-player match actually) just don't really know what they're doing, and that there are in fact a lot of nice, different moves with evades, dives, counters, whatever. That's usually what I miss in these types of larger scale brawlers.

There is an roll movement its at the 9:45 timestamp of the ign link.

I'm watching the IGN one and I was seeing them actively trying to push the "double flame sword guys" into the pit. I'm wasn't too amused that they failed to do that even though they repeatedly knocked the AI at the edge. It looks like it wasn't implemented :/

The IGn video has a Dev playing the game, yet his attacks often pointed in the wrong direction. The lock on system, if it exists, doesn't provide any visual feedback, which I feel is very essential if you want to block and parry ala Demons Souls.

This is definitely a game that shows what a true next generation title should look like and cast all concern about console specs out the window...

Looks ok,nothing amazing though which wasn't expected.The gameplay looks terrible though and that was expected.

Back