Twisted Metal PS3

Yeah, I got mine.
The single player is fun, but can get frustrating in some missions.
The MP is a total blast to play. They just need to fix the server issue which is lame...

Yeah, apart from all the network errors, its pretty much everything I could have hoped for in a vehicle combat game, and I say that as someone who has been disappointed in every vehicle combat game since TM2.

Gamespot gave it an 8 but showered it with praises. The only gripe they had was network errors.
Looks like a mighty fine game ! Wonder if the newer generation of gamers would pay attention to it at all.

Well this is my first time playing a TM game, and it's great!
Had to get used to the controls because it plays like nothing else on the market right now.

The final boss is just... WOW!
Some people don't seem to like it but I thought it was a really cool boss.

Interesting playing the digital download of Twisted Metal: Black on my launch PS3. It's acting like it might actually be using the PS2 compatibility hardware on the system to play the game, as it requires re-connecting the controller after leaving the game just like playing PS2 discs do.

I wouldn't expect that kind of behavior from a simple software emulator, but they've obviously got to be using an emulator on the slim models. I wonder if the game plays any differently on systems with PS2 backwards compatibility.

I say g*d damn, it's good to be playing Twisted Metal again. I'd forgotten how crazy intense TM got. Great experience online tonight.

Yeah, it does have online pass.
If you buy the first print copy it will come with a free downloadable TM Black too.
And the Sweet Tooth skin for Starhawk.

[gt]726800[/gt]

This has to be the most helpful review of the game as it actually tells you what all the game offers. Like I did not know uptill now that you had 4 player slit screen, which is freaking awesome. It seems like the best game to have when my nephew is around as we end up playing UC3 splitscreen as not many games offer 2 player fun these days.

The game seems to be super fun, but I can see scores of negative comments on every website/youtube video saying this "sucks" or is so "gay" ! These are mostly newer gen gamers/kids who prbly take the premise of a game over the fun factor. Wonder how much it will sell?

It will be great if they get the networking errors fixed. As it stands its really hard to get in a game, and its really easy to get dropped from the few you do manage to get in. When it works it is a blast though, sheer chaos.

Weirdly, TM actually has LAN play support. I'm not sure I can think of another PS3 game that supports LAN play.

It's nice that Eat Sleep Play went to those lengths to support high speed party style play. Wonder if anyone will use that.

Okie... gimme a ping when they fixed the network issues. Was going to pick it up last week, but I decided to ask first. ^_^

I have been playing Starhawk beta exclusively on my PS3 these days. :love: that game.

Anyone who doesn't want his TM Black download, can you please share it with me? :)
I am getting my new ps3 in a few days and would like to try out TM Black first before buying TM(PS3), although I am almost completely sold on this game. It seems too much fun.

I already redeemed my copy of Black, sorry.

Black is fun with all of its cut scenes and such still, but TM PS3 is really what you want to be playing. It's just great.

Can't wait for eurogamer to report on the frame rate. I can't remember the last time I played such a fast-moving, frantic game on PS3.

Well... handheld consoles also do local MP. ^_^

Does the latest patch fix the network issue in Twisted Metal ?

Back