Kinect Games

See if they sell the Wii wheel separately from mario kart. :)
Just out of interest, has anybody tried holding a prop like the Mario Kart wheel, or a plate while playing? Or a real table tennis bat when playing Kinect Sports table tennis?
Do props confuse the Kinect, or do they work?

Anyway my buddy did taco night at his gf's condo tonight where he droped the news that he knocked her up 4 months ago... But anyway we all played kinect 6 adults around age 25-35 and we all had a blast with sports , adventures and kinectimals.

My buddy and his gf are going to buy it and a new xbox (his 360 launch unit has red ringed recently and while still works is most likely on its way out ... its making loud fan noises). So it seems to have apeal. They own all 3 systems by the way

Thanks Eastman and Azbat for the demo info.

By the way, my old knee injury is back thanks Kinect Adventures :(
But hey, my wife loves the game and my two year old daughter looks at us with a funny face like what the hell are we doing hehe.

But I share a similar concern with Kinect for this reason: MS has limited 1st party resources. Most non-Ninny Wii software is pretty poor. Without all of Nintendo's efforts the Wii would flop. So while I don't think Kinect needs to make core 360 gaming better it DOES need to make a compelling experience with legs. Where are the legs?

The nice thing here is that so far the 3rd party titles have been quite compelling in and of themselves. Much more so than the Wii 3rd party titles that were available for launch, IMO.

MS also has a strong relationship with 3rd parties, so that will certainly help. They obviously can't make them produce good games, but it seems the 3rd parties haven't had much problems in some cases.

I'm not sure where it'll go, but hopefully not only MS but 3rd party pubs remain committed to the platform. One thing that is nice is seeing some of the Japanese devs getting excited about the possibilities with Kinect.

Regards,
SB

Just out of interest, has anybody tried holding a prop like the Mario Kart wheel, or a plate while playing? Or a real table tennis bat when playing Kinect Sports table tennis?

there is a video of a guy play Ping Pong with the real paddle on youtube somewhere but I can't find it.

I use weights while using Your Shape and it does not create a problem. I haven't had any problems playing joyride once I stopped crossing my arms nor has my family so we haven't thought about using an assistive device.

You know, considering all the "core gamers" dissing Kinect and saying it's not for them. I see a lot of core gamers here having a lot of fun playing with it. I think it's the "family factor". Folks are realizing that it's actually fun to be able to play games with your spouse and kids.

I'm sure we'll see deeper and more satisfying games come out, but I wouldn't hope for too much outside of the "games that require you to move" genre, it would be silly to attempt to make Kinect do things it's not designed for, and not very good at. It's an addition to your XBox controller, not a replacement.

The only thing holing back Kinect is the space issue which is understandable as the device needs to see your entire body.

In the immediate future, more voice commands and extended dash navigation are on my want list. It's a great feature. I hope that MS is a bit more aggressive with system updates for Kinect throught out the year instead of the annual Fall update that has been the standard for previous years.

I'm very much looking forward to E3 for Kinect games vs core games. I know more or less what I'll get in terms of core gaming but I'm hoping for some proper innovation with Kinect based games. More of the same would certainly be a disappointment.

There was a preview of Fight Night Champion and no mention of any motion control support, which was disappointing to hear (not to mention 1 button blocking ... WTF?! Not even high/low?). Hopefully someone else picks up the boxing mantle.

New Gears Kinect game to be revealed next month?
Some form of Gears of War-related Kinect game will be revealed during next month's Video Game Awards show, according to a report
Gears Party?! :p At least this could prove the viability and interest behind hardcore Kinect games.

Gears Party?!

gearsofsports.jpg

New Gears Kinect game to be revealed next month?
Gears Party?! :p At least this could prove the viability and interest behind hardcore Kinect games.

No prizes for betting on there being gesture activated chainsawing.

Gesture activated stomp kick finishers would be cool though.

Maybe we can also get grenade throwing, since that takes quite long to do in Gears compared to other shooters so pretending to twirl around the bolero style grenades before letting go could actually work.

No prizes for betting on there being gesture activated chainsawing.

Gesture activated stomp kick finishers would be cool though.

Maybe we can also get grenade throwing, since that takes quite long to do in Gears compared to other shooters so pretending to twirl around the bolero style grenades before letting go could actually work.
My bets. As the Gears will most likely still be primarily played by controller, the Kinect inputs are likely to be some QTE style actions like in GOW3 boss battles, also some on-rails sections might have ducking, jumping and leaning obstackle courses, these might still have you shooting things with the controller, or just bashing through enemies barehanded or melee.
Also grenade throwing, chainsaw as mentioned earlier, though grenade throwing might be a bit problematic and not very accurate (or too accurate as it might need to be very much assisted) as you can imagine if you've played Kinect bowling or that ball throwing minigame in Kinectanimals.

Back