Kinect Games

AzBat

Agent of the Bat
Legend
OK, I get it not a lot of you guys are casual players. You're hard core! :) But some of us are and strangely I'm getting more casual as I get older. So for some odd reason I'm liking the new Kinect titles. Thought a very few of you might too.

Available Titles:
  1. Adrenalin Misfits/Crossboard 7 (Konami) Video
  2. The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout (THQ)
  3. Body and Brain Connection (Namco Bandai Games Japan) Video
  4. Brunswick Pro Bowling (Crave Games) Video
  5. Carnival Games: Monkey See, Monkey Do (Cat Daddy Games/2K Play) Video
  6. Child of Eden (Q Entertainment/Ubisoft)Video Video2
  7. Champion Jockey: G1 Jockey & Gallop Racer (Tecmo Koei)
  8. Dance Central (Harmonix/MTV Games) Video Video2
  9. Dance Masters (Konami) Video
  10. Dance Paradise (Mindscape/Universal)
  11. Deca Sports Freedom / Sports Island Freedom (Hudson) Video
  12. EA Sports Active 2 (EA) Video Video2 Video3
  13. Fantastic Pets (Blitz Games/THQ) Video
  14. Fighters Uncaged (AMA Studios/Ubisoft) Video
  15. Fruit Ninja Kinect (Halfbrick Studios) Video Video2
  16. Game Party: In Motion (FarSight Studios/Warner Bros.) Video
  17. Get Fit with Mel B (Black Bean Games) (UK ONLY)
  18. The Gunstringer (Microsoft/Twisted Pixel Games) Video
  19. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (EA Bright Light/EA) Video
  20. Hole in the Wall (Microsoft Game Studios) Video
  21. Karada de Kotareu Atarashii Nou-tore (Namco Bandai Games Japan) Video (JAPAN ONLY)
  22. Kinect Adventures (Good Science Studio/Microsoft Game Studios) Video Video2
  23. Kinect Fun Labs (Good Science Studio/Microsoft Game Studios) Video
  24. Kinectimals (Frontier Developments/Microsoft Game Studios) Video Video2
  25. Kinect Joy Ride (Big Park/Microsoft Game Studios) Video Video2
  26. Kinect Sports (Rare/Microsoft Game Studios) Video Video2 Video3
  27. Kung Fu Panda 2 (THQ)
  28. Leedmees (Konami Digital Entertainment)
  29. Michael Jackson: The Experience (Ubisoft) Video Video2
  30. Motion Sports (Ubisoft) Video Video2 Video3
  31. The Penguins of Madagascar - Doctor Blowhole Returns Again! (THQ) Video
  32. Rise of Nightmares (Sega) Video
  33. Sonic Free Riders (Sega) Video Video2
  34. UFC Personal Trainer: The Ultimate Fitness System (THQ) Video
  35. Virtua Tennis 4 (Sega)
  36. Wipeout In The Zone (Activision) Video
  37. YooStar 2 (Blitz Games) Video Video2
  38. Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (Ubisoft/respondesign) Video Video2
  39. Zumba Fitness (Majesco) Video

Future Titles:

• The Adventures of Tintin: The Game (Ubisoft)
  • The Black Eyed Peas Experience (Ubisoft)
  • Blackwater (Zombie Studios/505 Games)
  • Burnout Crash (Criterion Games/Electronic Arts)
  • Codename D (Working Title) (Grasshopper Manufacture/Microsoft Game Studios) Video
  • Dance Central 2 (Harmonix Music Systems) Video
  • The Deepak Chopra Project (Tri/THQ)
  • Doodle Jump (Lima Sky)
  • Fable: The Journey (Lionhead Studios/Microsoft Game Studios) Video
  • Family Game Night (EA)
  • FIFA (EA Sports)
  • Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios/Microsoft Game Studios) Video
  • Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (343 Industries/Microsoft Game Studios)
  • Haunt (NanaOn-Sha/Microsoft Game Studios) Video
  • Heavy Fire: Afghanistan (Teyon/Mastiff Games)
  • Hulk Hogan's Main Event (Panic Button/Majesco Entertainment)
  • Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
  • Kinect Disneyland Adventures (Microsoft Games Studios/Disney Interactive) Video
  • Kinect Sports: Season Two (Rare/Microsoft Games Studios) Video
  • Kinect Star Wars (Terminal Reality/LucasArts) Video Video2 Video3
  • Madden NFL (EA Sports)
  • Mass Effect 3 (Bioware/EA)
  • Michael Phelps – Push the Limit (Blitz Games/505 Games) Video Video2
  • [strike]Milo & Kate (Lionhead Studios/Microsoft Game Studios)[/strike] Video(E3 2009) Canceled?
  • Minecraft Kinect (Mojang/Microsoft Game Studios)
  • PowerUp Heroes (Ubisoft) Video
  • Puss In Boots: The Video Game (Dreamworks)
  • Project Draco (Working Title) (Grounding inc./Microsoft Game Studios) Video
  • Rapala for Kinect (Acivision)
  • Raving Rabbids: Alive & Kicking (Ubisoft)
  • Ryse (Crytek/Microsoft Game Studios) Video
  • Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster (Double Fine Productions/THQ) Video Video2
  • The Sims 3 Pets (EA)
  • Steel Battalion Heavy Armor (From Software/Capcom) Video
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour (EA Sports)
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Solider (Ubisoft)
  • Winter Sports 3: The Great Tournament (Zoo Games)
  • Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 (Ubisoft)

Wikipedia List of Kinect Games

EDIT: Please leave out technical discussions about lag or comparisons with Wii or PSMove & only concentrate on talking about the games. If you want to talk about that or other non-game uses of Kinect then post them to the non-standard game interfaces discussion thread or Kinect technology thread instead. Thanks!

EDIT 2: With the Kinect launch titles now confirmed(those launching before the end of the year), I'm going to slow down the amount of updates I make to this OP. I expect I might not be able to keep up with them going forward. So I'm going to be linking the Wikipedia Kinect Games list as it will most likely be more current than I'm able to do. Be forewarned though, I have seen a few titles on the list that are completely vapor(ex Grand Slam 11) or don't even use Kinect (ex Def Jam Rapstar). So take that list with a large grain of salt.

EDIT 3: With the thread re-opened it's time to update the list. If anybody notices a title that's not on any of the lists let me know & I will make an update.

Tommy McClain

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm keeping a cautious optimism regarding Kinect after really hating the motion control sections in Heavenly Sword. Although it is completely different implementation, I will probably have to try it out hands on to be convinced.

I'm actually much more interested in the non-gaming aspects of Kinect.

I'm keeping a cautious optimism regarding Kinect after really hating the motion control sections in Heavenly Sword. Although it is completely different implementation, I will probably have to try it out hands on to be convinced.

I'm actually much more interested in the non-gaming aspects of Kinect.

Same here, especially to see how well it integrates with Win7.

After that I'm REALLY looking forward to the Yoga, Taichi and general exercise programs. The Yoga and Taichi should be easier on my aging joints and possibly rejuvenate them a little. :D

Regards,
SB

Well, that was a disappointment. It's not so much a dance title as a posture-matching title. okay, people will turn it into dancing just as they did with the mats, but the lack of actually following the dancers and learning a routine is a big let down for the many kids who'd really like to have such a game.

Well, that was a disappointment. It's not so much a dance title as a posture-matching title. okay, people will turn it into dancing just as they did with the mats, but the lack of actually following the dancers and learning a routine is a big let down for the many kids who'd really like to have such a game.

This is more of a DDR evolution. The Harmonix game is more of what you're looking for.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1097758p1.html

What do you think learning a dance routine is? It's learning moves.

I'd expect Harmoix version to be in line with routines from the setlist where as the Konami version would be more score attack oriented.

What do you think learning a dance routine is? It's learning moves.
My personal take on a dance game would be do a SingStar type event but for dance, wherein the player has to get the right position at the right time. Timing is one of the big factors in good dance and needs a lot of training for most folk. If a game only requires a posture to be made but is loose about the timing, it'll miss half of what dance is. Still, those who really like dance will end up learning the routines for real, so I guess it'll work out, especially Dance Central.

GameTrailers is finally back from the dead and I can slowly catch up with titles. Kinectimals is a great take on the virtual pet, and the voice commands worked very well. Though it needs more depth than what's been shown so far. Does anyone know if you have to raise your pet, or is it just a virtual playmate with a limited range of actions?

I think an End War style game would be interesting. Maybe End War 2 will come out and show up on the platform. Maybe a turn based, or tactical game with a small team (X-Com style) would be good. It seems Star Craft would be nearly impossible to control with Natal, unless the units were split into large groups. Plus, the pace of that game would be too much. You'd need something slower and more deliberate because the interface is not going to be incredible quick for that kind of thing, unless they find a smart way to augment with voice commands. I really have no idea how End War worked, exactly, but its something that keeps popping into my mind. I'm not really sure how you'd control the camera in a game like that using Kinect.

The same idea could also apply to a game like the Sims. Maybe you could have some "hands on" interaction with them, and some direct voice instruction. Or Populous. It would sort of fit with the omnipotent overseer role, with you looking down on them.

A rampage style godzilla game could be funny, but navigation is the issue here. The Star Wars game looked like a shooting gallery concept, where the player advanced as each "gallery" was completed.

Milo & Kate still exists. Being shown behind closed doors...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=252150

More impressions on Joy Ride, Forza, Bowling & Kinectimals...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...012135376_hands_on_off_xbox_kinect_first.html

There are actual Kinectimals plush toys that actually unlock animals in the game. Neato for the kids! LOL

My Two Favorite Xbox Kinect Experiences So Far
http://kotaku.com/5565079/my-two-favorite-xbox-kinect-experiences-so-far?skyline=true&s=i

Tommy McClain

I just updated the original post with links to YouTube videos. If you find one that's better or one I don't have then post it and I'll make an update.

Tommy McClain

UFC combat trainer? It ain't boxing, but I may be able to deal with that. It's UFC without having another man dry humping your back, so it's almost better than the real sport.

This is a great opportunity for MS to do a Halo Wars 2. Hopefully, there are other companies working on some RTS games.

Imagine if MS could convince Blizzard to release SC2 or D3 on Kinect (they'd have to pay a ton of cash to make it exclusive though, as those are also perfect titles for the other controller).

Anyways, back on topic. Which games are the ones with Yoga and Taichi? That is definitely going to be one of my first purchases to go with Kinect. Not sure what else I may get.

MS also missed out on a prime opportunity for a LEGO game also. Especially if it included a LEGO build whatever you want sandbox. Ooooh, a LEGO RTS with build whatever and destroy everything capabilities. That would rock. :D

Regards,
SB

Back