Official E3 Sony Conference Thread 2010

Hmm... it looks like they are hiding it for later reveal. Or may be they want to announce this as an advance beta for PSN+ subscribers. :)

I'm willing to bet they'll do full conferences at the European and Japanese events this year again, and they'll be even more packed with (partly new) stuff than ever before, some of it that's really suited to local (show the Top Gear track in the European event, yeah?, but also new countries added for the Video store, etc.), and other stuff because they couldn't fit it in today.

I agree with this. Europe is Sonys largest market and the Japanese market is for natural reasons also very important, their marketing differs from the marketing in the US.
I think they are saving games for those events, to have more exclusive news at GamesCon and TGS and also stuff that is more important for those markets.

According to the latest rumor, no. I was referring to perhaps a closed beta for PSN+ subscribers. It may not turn out that way.

Yep. No PSP 2. 3D demos don't work over the internet, and I can't afford a $100 peripheral, let alone a $2000 needed for 3D games! :p Move was nicely demo'd but nothing new - the tech demo's have been more interesting incontent. Why is it tech demos are always so cool and varied, but the final products are so watered down? I guess that goes for concept cars too. PSN+ was an exceedlingly dull announcement, while they haven't addressed any networking features that are sorely needed. Really just a big long list of games, for which I can read gaming websites.

Nothing new!!?!?!?! Didn't you see the demonstration for that new game Sorcery?!? :-S

If anything THAT was the best thing about the Sony conference this year for me and has completely sold me on MOVE as a control interface. It's like the first game shown from Sony that isn't shovelware, looks very appealing and actually utilises the functionality of MOVE in new and novel/natural ways. It was for me the defining show-piece for the controller.... It's the MOVE game i was hoping for for sure.

The rest of the conference i felt was poorly paced and i agree with the person who said they didn't make good enough use of the stage area they had. I loved the games though, although there was little there i'd not seen or heard about before.

Was hoping for TLG and StarHawk (real badly) so i am a bit disappointed. The Valve announcement was great though and encouraging also for future valve titles coming to PS3 :)

Sony had an impressive showing. Starts with KZ3 and ends with Twisted Metal. There were some boring parts, but I think the pacing was good.

It would have been even better if Sony manage to keep information from leaking out and stay muted the past two weeks before announcing almost all their games prior to this event.

Pretty impressive list of games supporting Move. Not just shovelware, looks promising and I don´t think this even is the complete list of all the actual games we will get this year/ next winter.

First Party Titles

Sports Champions™, September 2010

Eye Pet™, September 2010

Kung Fu Rider™, September 2010

Start the Party! ™, September 2010

echochrome™ 2 (PSN), September 2010

Tumble (PSN), September 2010

Hustle Kings, October 2010

PAIN (PSN), October 2010

TV Superstars™, October 2010

The Fight: Lights Out™, October 2010

The Shoot™, October 2010

High Velocity Bowling (PSN) October 2010

Heavy Rain®, October 2010

Sly Collection, November 2010

SingStar® Dance, November 2010

LittleBigPlanet™ 2, November 2010

Beat Sketcher (PSN), Fall 2010

SOCOM 4, Fall 2010

Sorcery™, 2011

Heroes on the Move, 2011

Killzone® 3, 2011

Publisher Titles

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 11 (Electronic Arts), September 2010

Toy Story 3: The Video Game (Disney Interactive Studios), September 2010

The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest (WB Games Inc.), September 2010

Brunswick Pro Bowling (Crave), September 2010

Resident Evil®5 Gold Edition (Capcom), September 2010

Time Crisis: Razing Storm (Bandai Namco), September 2010

NBA® 2K11 (2K Sports), October 2010

John Daly's ProStroke Golf (OG International), Fall 2010

Racquet Sports (Ubisoft), Fall 2010

R.U.S.E. (Ubisoft), September 2010

Kung Fu LIVE (Virtual Air Guitar Company), October 2010

Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos™ (Crave), November 2010

Disney Tron Evolution the Video Game (Disney Interactive Studios), November 2010

link

What Sorcery game ? What's special about it ? I missed the first part.

You know that Dr. Marks video where he casts spells with the EyeToy? Kinda like that.

Edit: And Crossbar, most of that stuff on the list I think we knew about. New Time Crisis is new info, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
You get to keep stuff if you end your subscription

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010...s-check-out-what-its-all-about/#comment-79824

Sure, anything you buy with the exclusive discounts, many of the exclusive extras/add-ons, the premium avatars/dynamic themes, and of course the free copy of LBP (if you sign up in time;-) are all yours to keep for good
The games that you get within the service are available for you to keep and use as long as you are a member.
Plus, the other exclusive features you get to.

EDIT

Okay, he says anything you buy "extra" ie the "free" stuff since you pay a subscription goes away. So basically its a membership fee to have access to certain titles, as long as your a member you have access. And other benefits are discounts on other titles and content, this you get to keep.

My problem is that I usually buy a bunch on PSN anyway, so unless its new PSN stuff, they will let me have access to older stuff I either already bought or did not want :)

Ohh well, as long as PSN or PSN+ lets me buy full games, ie any new game that is released on BD, that I can download and keep on my HDD, I'm a happy camper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Post your request on their official forum. Otherwise, they'd never get to hear it. Or post an idea on the PS Blog.

I'm sad that Dead Space 2 doesn't have move support, I'm really hoping it gets that.

i hear you my good man... I'm hoping all the shooters of 2010 and 2011 implement MOVE pointer controls as an option.

I suppose that'd probably be cost-prohibitive however for the titles with an online MP component (i.e. every one made these days), as the devs would likely have to spend time creating a separate play-mode to ensure MOVE & non-MOVE players aren't playing together, i.e. effectively two separate MP's for the two play-modes... hence most likely very unlikely unless some Sony bucks are exchanged ;-)

... and Microsoft has failed to convince us for now that Kinect can do more than party games.

They have however proven that it can be a slick way to control the system GUI which is a unique and compelling feature for a set top box. There is something to be said for a controllerless media center that also happens to play games and lifestyle apps.

Cheers

Back