Official E3 Sony Conference Thread 2010

I guess Gabe is going to be a Sony hero now. It's still a multiplatform game. Steam integration is nice, but I imagine it's just achievements and maybe online status?

The Juggalo message boards must be raving about Twisted Metal right now.

Boring presser to many 3rd party title fill ups.
Looked just like ms 2009 E3 presser only thing im know more is that gt5 comes out on nov 2 wanted to see the so called improved damage model and gameplay not bullshotmode(in engine) quality trailer.

The game updates are the most promising part, if it means that the title gets all the free stuff Valve delivers on PC.

The conference probably would have had a bigger impact if they hadn't already shown off KZ3 and LBP2 before E3.

That's quite true. I wouldn't have left for lunch first at least. ^_^
For the remaining conference, I was just waiting for something I can use/do now.

Thank you !!!!

Sorry I have to ask... why is Twisted Metal so loved ? I haven't played a single TM game. I hate clowns. The one in Heavy Rain gives me the creeps too.

EDIT:
Here's a quick summary:

* Full Game Trial
* Exclusive Offers
* Priority Beta Invitations
* Automatic Downloads
* Free Games & Downloads (while subscribed)
* PS Store Discounts
* Select Early Demos
* PLUS MUCH MORE! [size=-2]<--- oh yeah, like wut ?[/size]

I like the bolded parts.

They are running a promo right now too: Buy 1 year get 3 months free.

From the SCEE blog http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010...ches-next-week-check-out-what-its-all-about/:

Full Game Trial:
This premium feature gives you the chance to try PSN and Blu-ray disc titles before you buy them in a whole new way. We are not talking normal demos of selected parts of a game here. With Full Game Trial, you can download the full game and play it as if you owned it for approximately one hour, depending on the game, before you decide if you want to buy it or not. So you can check out the online modes, play against friends or anything else you’d normally do with a game.

The other great thing is that your progress and trophies from the trial will all be unlocked if you buy the game so no need to go back and start again.

Does this mean that PSN will start carrying full retail games?

That's quite true. I wouldn't have left for lunch first at least. ^_^
For the remaining conference, I was just waiting for something I can use/do now.

Yeah, like a new XMB, or stuff in the PSN store. I was looking forward to some high quality trailers from games shown at the conference in the PSN store. But there's nothing. Are they going the last place for their own content again?

Thank you !!!!

Sorry I have to ask... why is Twisted Metal so loved ? I haven't played a single TM game. I hate clowns. The one in Heavy Rain gives me the creeps too.

It's more nostalgia reactions than anything. It'll be interesting to see how it'll sell.

Seems like no one noticed the Cross-game Voice Chat feature ? isn't this what we all been waiting for ?

"Cross-game Voice Chat: invite your friends to chat online no matter what game you're all playing, even if they aren't members of PlayStation Plus."

Last edited by a moderator:
In a word.

Boring.
Yep. No PSP 2. 3D demos don't work over the internet, and I can't afford a $100 peripheral, let alone a $2000 needed for 3D games! :p Move was nicely demo'd but nothing new - the tech demo's have been more interesting incontent. Why is it tech demos are always so cool and varied, but the final products are so watered down? I guess that goes for concept cars too. PSN+ was an exceedlingly dull announcement, while they haven't addressed any networking features that are sorely needed. Really just a big long list of games, for which I can read gaming websites.

Back