Half-Life 3 coming?

The chaps over at Halflife2.net have received an email from Valve's Gabe Newell stating an image that seems to tease a Half-Life reveal at E3 is faked.
Well there has been more than enough evidence against the legitimacy of the "Freeman 14th" picture which found its way into the rumour mill this week. Gabe said the surprise isn't Episode 3 & the history of the document shows a lot of tampering.

Further confirmation from Gabe Newell to our staff writer DigiQ8 has hopefully put to bed any further doubt. However we do still do look forward to the Portal 2 related surprise!

The chaps over at Halflife2.net have received an email from Valve's Gabe Newell stating an image that seems to tease a Half-Life reveal at E3 is faked.
Well there has been more than enough evidence against the legitimacy of the "Freeman 14th" picture which found its way into the rumour mill this week. Gabe said the surprise isn't Episode 3 & the history of the document shows a lot of tampering.

Further confirmation from Gabe Newell to our staff writer DigiQ8 has hopefully put to bed any further doubt. However we do still do look forward to the Portal 2 related surprise!

which doesn't mean the surprise isn't HL3! Nor that it doesn't contain Episode 3. Or that Gabe isn't just taking part in a HL style information warfare campaign. Its the next level in LA gaming!

It wouldn't surprise me if he sent out an email with deliberate disinformation (Valve is a secretive company by nature), but if the "G-man" image is fake then it is fake...who knows? It's not that long until E3 though, so we'll know then...probably, lol.

No they are still going and they owe the people who bought the first episode more of them

They got transformed into a "casual" game company. I remember reading an interview with Richard Gray (aka Levelord)

http://www.ritualistic.com/content.php/interviews/070129_ritual_01.php
Let's talk SiN Episodes. Was the first episode, Emergence, successful financially? Why haven't we seen any Episode 2 news?
The first episode did well, but not good enough to completely self-fund the second episode. It sold over 150,000 units, which is better than many shooters. It more than paid for itself, but not enough to entirely fund the next one.
This was caused by two reasons. The first episode was the most expensive because we needed to build the asset and code bases from the ground up. There were also tools and such that needed to be developed. Successive episodes would have benefited from that foundation, and therefore level this initial imbalance. We knew that when we started Episode 1, but the demand of the first episode was more than we anticipated. The first episode also ran longer than we expected (what game doesn't, even when you think you've planned for this) and it went over-budget.
We did continue with Episode 2, but we had to stop a few months ago due to a funding problem. Making games is fun, but it isn't easy, …especially for an independent developer!

The guys at MumboJumbo have said "maybe perhaps" - what exactly is going on with the SiN Episodes series now and what, if anything, has to happen for another SiN game to get made? What we plan to do right now, both Ritual and MumboJumbo, is establish ourselves in the casual gaming market with strong new franchises and then return to SiN at a later date. We love SiN, make no mistake, and we definitely want to return to it.
Episodic gaming and casual gaming have a lot in common as models, and I think SiN will find a home here at the new Ritual. I find it interesting, actually, that we were taking a large, AAA title like SiN down in size, and casual games are right now growing in their size and scope!
Apparently this was smooth talk for Sin Episodes being very dead. Unless they're secretly working on it, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.halflife2.net/2010/06/09/portal-2-delayed-e3-surprise-portal-themed/
Aperture Science, doing business as Aperture Laboratories LLC, in partnership with Valve today announced the successful completion of an ethics-review-panel-supervised release date restructuring process. Portal 2, the sequel to the ground-breaking title that earned over 30 Game of the Year awards despite missing its original ship date, is now targeted for a 2011 release.

Representatives from both companies acknowledged that public safety concerns factored into the decision. They went on to say that even though Portal 2 will arrive slightly later than planned, all life on earth won't instantaneously stop as every molecule in your body explodes at the speed of light, which is what would happen should a rip ever appear in the fabric of Valve Time.

"Also, the game will be even better," they added, missing an historic opportunity to create the first product delay press release to mention that a product is being delayed to make it worse.

To ask questions about how close we all came to dying, or to ask futile questions about the previously announced E3 ***PORTAL-2-THEMED-FOR-GOD'S SAKE*** surprise or, less futilely, to schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve's delegate to the EU's Valve Time Studies Group, Doug Lombardi.

Well written and amusing way to tell us "it's late" :) Though who really knows when it's going to be released anyway, given it's schedule is governed by Valve Time.

I'm excited for HL3, but I'm at least 5x as excited for WoW: Cataclysm... I guess I don't just need to calm down according to tangey; I must in fact be shot with tranquilizer darts! :LOL:

I'm excited for HL3, but I'm at least 5x as excited for WoW: Cataclysm... I guess I don't just need to calm down according to tangey; I must in fact be shot with tranquilizer darts! :LOL:

Well, WoW is different, we have The Game, it's called WoW. Then we have games, that's the rest

Valve's E3 Surprise Is... There Is No Surprise
http://www.incgamers.com/News/23273/valves-e3-surprise-is--there-is-no-surprise

And now? Valve's Doug Lombardi has circulated an email amongst the press stating "Just a quick note to clarify the Monday Press Event at the Regal Theater is completely cancelled. Please do not head over there expecting to see us."

The developer will still be present on the E3 show floor at the Los Angeles Convention Center, but whether Portal 2 will now be making an appearance in any form is unknown. Given the way this is going, we may just need to wait a couple more days for the whole thing to be back on again.

Btw...

IyLm3.png

:LOL:

I filled the contact form and you know who I put as the referring employee ;)

Well, there was a grammatical error in Dr. Breen's speech... I thought that was a bit too nub for Valve to let slip past. Oh well.

Hopefully we'll have some more HL SOMEDAY. Hopefully we'll get to go back to Black Mesa too, because it's a shame they blew that place up. They should retcon events so it never happened. :D

Isn't this game sceduled for 2012 since the said they wanted to make the whole game using a new graphic engine si this is just a anticipation building up tool

Back