[360,PS3] Vanquish - New game from Shinji Mikami

According to Neogaf, it is out for both systems.

I will download for the X360, but since I haven't updated my PS3 since the removal of other OS, I will not be able to download for my PS3 for comparisons.

Man, love the game! Downloaded on both systems, and my normal eye's can't tell a huge difference. Very fun!

Amazing game....surprisingly the only place where I noticed any jagged edges was the menu, good thing the game overall looks kickass !

Yeah, the boss seems to force me to run if I stay in one spot for too long. Or is it my imagination ?

EDIT: I haven't tried melee.

SOLD ! The demo is indeed fun.

+1...heh the game hasn't even come out yet and I'm already looking forward to s sequel...:LOL:

Anyway the controls are very easy to grasp....though I'm disappointed that I got kicked off the enemy's troop carrier...would've been cool if it allowed me to stay inside while it took off...or allowed me to take it down with some grenades inside the bay :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't melée the grunts. They always strike first. What gives ?

Sniper is at the right side of the balcony near the beginning. Hijacking carrier and ramming it into the boss's head would be superb. XD

In motion the demo looks pretty good with all the special FX and OBM but in still the IQ was pretty horrible with low res textures and jaggies straight in the face. I like the gameplay though, fast and furious with sci fi bots and all:).

The demo seems pretty cool. Nice looking game and I like that it has proper boss fights like an old-school game. The controls are pretty neat and everything.

Loved the demo! The controls and move set of the character seemed very intuitive yet deep.

Thought the game looked great too in motion, but I dig the whole space mech setting.

Looking forward to the whole game.

Would be cool if Insomniac and Guerilla steal some ideas from Vanquish.

Resistance 2 has boss fights but they are not as "fierce" as Vanquish's demo boss. RFOM's horror element should make boss fights more intense.

KZ2 has incredibly immersive environments. Would be cool if they could spend more time on Helghast capabilities (Make them more than eye candy !).

This game screams COOP to me :cry::cry:

There is always a sequel. ;-)

demo was very fun, but the walkers suck. run out of ammo way to quick and the splash damage from the projectiles doesnt feel right. and they cant even step over low barriers :-/

I do not like this game, don't like the way enemy weak points reveal and hide and it took me an hour to beat the end boss, after dying a few times before memorizing its attack patterns. I shot his arms and legs, with a QTE on the arms part, yet those parts are still targetable with half the energy and they don't go down after that. That's bad design, they should not even appear as weak points to target, it confused me to no end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back