FIFA World Cup 2010

Pretty woeful display by England. Par for the course really, most of the players
can't be bothered, the world cup means so much less to them than it does to the average England fan. Time to rebuild the squad around a bunch of players who really care about playing for their country more than they do about playing for money.

Had Rio Ferdinand been there in the match Eng's defense would've been solid with him & Terry (Johnson is the worst back ever...FACT). And I'll have to say that English players break too easily, had the goal by Lampard been given, the outcome could've been a different from what it is now. But yes...as you said most of the players are a lot less dedicated to playing football & more inclined towards money,fame & women.

They kinda remind me of my own country's Cricket team (India); best players on paper, every one of them leads a glamorous lifestyle with lots of fame & money....but when it comes to performing on the field most of them flop & underperform. What's more ? we even host a premier league that's full of blitz & sparkle. (correct me if the English scenario isn't exactly like this :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm obliged to post this picture....cause its kinda true:

2pqlw5y.jpg

And it gets worse, Argie offside goal against Mexico allowed. The linesmen and ref's are a sham.

Second goal from Higuain was a good steal though(or a very bad pass from the mexican defender).

Argentina 2 - 0 Mexico

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing better would have been if the clearly offside goal was another Hand-of-God score.

Another Blind Linesman.
How low can it get ?

Mexico protest as the goal is initially given but the referee confers with his assistant as the incident is replayed on the huge screens at Soccer City Stadium and they both see that they have got it wrong. They cannot change their minds, though - and the goal stands. Are you watching Sepp Blatter?

What I don't understand is why were they talking & discussing for 2 minutes giving the mexicans "hope" if they couldn't change it even if they could watch that they were wrong on the big screen ?

P.S.[Mexico players making some fantastic long range efforts btw]

Capello was crap. Why didn't Crouch play? Why was Rooney playing? He's been crap since his injury and hasn't scored a goal, and Barry couldn't defend against a toad. Why was Heskey put on?

Really bad work by Capello.

It's too easy to just blame him. Teams like England, Germany, Holland etc all have teams made out of top players playing in the hardest competitions in Europe. You don't need to teach these guys how to play football. If you fail that bad it's a collective failure.

And it gets worse, Argie offside goal against Mexico allowed. The linesmen and ref's are a sham.

I wonder if Maradona will start flapping his lips about Referee's being unfair to Mexico? Hmmm? No? Hipocrite.

Next game I'm hoping Germany beats Argentina. Not because I like Germany. Not because I don't like Argentina. But oh my god I can't stand Maradona.

Regards,
SB

It's too easy to just blame him. Teams like England, Germany, Holland etc all have teams made out of top players playing in the hardest competitions in Europe. You don't need to teach these guys how to play football. If you fail that bad it's a collective failure.
And Capello is ultimately responsible for the collective.

And Capello is ultimately responsible for the collective.

We should change Capello, just like we changed McLaren when he failed with the same bunch of players, and Eriksson when he failed with the same bunch of players. A change of manager now will be just as an effective magic bullet as the previous changes of manager were with the same bunch of players.

Fundamentally English football players just arent very good. Neither are English managers very good. How many English players play in La Liga and Serie A? How many English managers manage in those leagues? Not many. This should tell us something.

What we need to change is the whole setup of English football. But that's not going to happen, because it means the FA growing a set of cojones and start telling the Premier League teams what to do in respect of youth development and the balance of non-English players in their teams. It's easier just to pay off the manager and get in the next Great White Hope - this time English of course. I hear that some elements of the media are suggesting David Beckham as a good person for the job - which tells you something about the English media too!

Back