FIFA World Cup 2010

odds after round 2
football22-6.png

Look at NZ climb!
brazil vs portugal will be the most interesting game this round, though france vs south africa might be a laugh

If there's some sort of "odds future" market that'd be very interesting (or is there actually one?) ;)

Go South Africa Go!

They're currently up 1 - 0 against France that's playing short handed with 10 players.

It was an entertaining match, but the red card was not fair. France is in such a shambles, I remember when they ruled the world winning both the World cup and the European tournament. At least they scored a goal, and it was a good one.

South Africa played with great enthusiasm and spirit, it was a joy to watch.

It's highly unlikely, but Honduras can still mathematically qualify
They do often scratch options that are still possible.
So much sport going on at present
I noticed the first one day cricket game england v oz started today plus SAvWI, indiavSL.
the rugby internationals over the weekend
US golf open just finished
Wimbledon just started

Strange time to have the fottball WK to maximize the games impact.

I'm now convinced there is a conspiracy to keep the US out of the next round. Yet again they were robbed by the refs, disallowing a perfectly legit on-side goal.

Wow, the Refs really have missed a lot of calls that should have been red card or penalty kicks.

Welcome to the world of world cup football. You still won the group
so you might get to play a fun team in the next round.

Wow, talk about freaking nerve wrecking. I'm not as disillusioned as some so even if they keep playing like they've been I don't see them advancing against the other teams. Though they truly deserved to move on out of their group.

I'm actually hoping for a Germany v Argentina final.

I'm actually hoping for a Germany v Argentina final.

That will only be possible if Germany finish 2nd in their group - they have to lose or draw against Ghana tonight. If they draw, Serbia have to lose or draw against Australia, if they lose, Serbia have to draw against Australia.

Any other outcome, and it will be

England vs Germany and Argentina vs Mexico on Sunday, and then the winners of those matches play on the following saturday.

Edit: Germany can also be second in the group if they win against Ghana and Serbia beat Australia by at least 3 goals more than the difference between Germany's and Ghanas score in tonights game.

tbh USA friggin deserved to top the group, even more so after they were robbed off a comeback victory in the match against slovenia.

- They play with amazing teamwork
- Have a really good attack
- Donovan's an amazing playmaker
- Howard still got it

Overall yea...USA does looks to be pretty dangerous team as of now.

Amazingly England finally gets it together to move on. I was starting to wonder if it would ever click for them.

And disgustingly yet another goal disallowed for the US by an incompetant or corrupt ref.

Take out those 2 disallowed goals and the US looks a lot better than their final scores would indicate. 1-1 vs England, 3-2 vs Slovenia and 2-0 versus Algeria.

Depending on who they play they might make it to the round of 8. I don't think they'll make it past that unless they become more consistent. They do have the talent though, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they make a run to the round of 4. I'm not counting on it though.

Gah, that's a relief to see them advance despite the horrendous refereeing.

Regards,
SB

Back