FIFA World Cup 2010

Hopefully we lost... we will be freed from this shitty coach and subpart diva like kind of players...
I hope the federation will go through major changes now :)

Serbia 1 - Germany 0

So as I expected, Germans faltered against quality opposition. Though Serbia saved one Penalty and one German shot hit the goalpost.

Americans just got pushed out of the competition by an incompetent...
I hate this sport for this... it happens every time and the FIFA takes no measure... for me they're rotten and they try as hard as possible to rig some results... Argentina-Germany from the last world wup is another patent example...

The outlook of France is pretty grim. As Mariner said, if Mexico and Uruguay tied, France is out. However, they probably won't draw the game intentionally because the 2nd place will very likely have to face Argentina in the round of 16, which is pretty bad.

If Mexico wins with n goals, France need to win by more than 5-n goals (i.e. if Mexico wins by 1:0 then France need to win by more than 4 goals). If Uruguay wins, France need to win by more than 4-n goals. There are more tie-breaking rules but this is already a very difficult situation for France.

About the American game, I also want to know what's the problem with that goal. They should at least give some explanations.

Americans just got pushed out of the competition by an incompetent...
I hate this sport for this... it happens every time and the FIFA takes no measure... for me they're rotten and they try as hard as possible to rig some results... Argentina-Germany from the last world wup is another patent example...
What do you mean?

So that last "goal" that was disallowed was actually a goal, right?
What about referee signaling foul in attack before the goal?
Maybe he was wrong maybe not.
But surely thinking that a small country with 2mln citizens is being favoured by FIFA over USA is strange.

What about referee signaling foul in attack before the goal?
Maybe he was wrong maybe not.
But surely thinking that a small country with 2mln citizens is being favoured by FIFA over USA is strange.

The US players are literally being bear hugged! Yes literally. Yes I know what literally means. Yes, I'm using it correctly. I guess the only reason there wasn't a red card is because the US player forgot to flop around on the ground like a girly girl.

The US players are literally being bear hugged! Yes literally. Yes I know what literally means. Yes, I'm using it correctly. I guess the only reason there wasn't a red card is because the US player forgot to flop around on the ground like a girly girl.
Hopefully Algeria did good, so now US are likely to do a better result against Algeria than England against Slovenia. Still the referee did an error... huge one.

What do you mean?
In this kind of case they should access referee to decide based on replay.
There was really nothing if anything Slovenia was culprit of 4/5 faults. Actually they were so focused on grappling Americans and holding them so tig that the one they let free pretty much got till the goals unarmed... ;)

Looking at replay after replay after replay, I swear that referee must be getting paided off by someone. That along with the "deliberate" handball earlier in the game against Robbie Findlay which replays show the ball ricocheted off his face and hit his hand was obviously not deliberate.

So one corrupt or supremely incompetant referee in one game devastates the US chances in the world cup by removing a key player for the final first round match, and denying them a victory on a phantom foul. Hell, look at the replays and it was the Slovenian players doing all the manhandling against Bradley and Bocanegra.

It makes me sick. And best of all he doesn't have to explain what he saw that made him make the call. And FIFA are saying he doesn't have to explain what he saw that caused him to disallow the goal.

Just an absolute joke. FIFA is one big huge joke at this point for me combined with their referee's performance in the leadup to the world cup.

Regards,
SB

It makes me sick. And best of all he doesn't have to explain what he saw that made him make the call. And FIFA are saying he doesn't have to explain what he saw that caused him to disallow the goal.

Just an absolute joke. FIFA is one big huge joke at this point for me combined with their referee's performance in the leadup to the world cup.

Yeah, its pretty ridiculous that the refs don't have to signal what they actually called. Soccer is one of the few sports currently broken like that.

And the whole FIFA argument against replace is pretty much bollocks. "disrupt the flow of the game", etc. Which is hilarious when the broadcasters can replay the event almost before the refs can call it.

Though really what I'd like is a post game review for floppers, any that are caught get an automatic red card. Get cause twice, your out for the season.

Well, even though the ref is a wanker, the US still sucked ass in the 1st half. They kind of did it to themselves.

This football thing is so funny, not for the matches themselves, but seeing how passionate people become about it. One of my coworkers is French and everyone was poking him yesterday. He tried with me about the Spain thing but explained to him that football for me is just 22 random bozos running after a ball and that I don't really care, but man was he upset about the France vs Mexico thing.

I'm going to have a lot more fun with this stuff than I had anticipated.

Holy Carpe! Am I reading this right? England failed to score against...Algeria? I figured for sure the US would be facing a huge uphill battle to get out of the group stage, but, uh...wow.

So still a chance for anyone to make it out of Group C. Did not see that coming before the World Cup started.

And amusingly enough, if Slovenia beats England and the US ties Algeria, the US would make it to the next round without winning a single game. Doubt it'll happen, but amusing that it's possible.

Regards,
SB

England Lol-ed by Algeria.

Imo their team consists of overconfident superstars playing Barnyard football at international levels.

Well, even though the ref is a wanker, the US still sucked ass in the 1st half. They kind of did it to themselves.

This is the dumbest arguments in all of sports and ignores that sporting events last the full time of the event. When a ref monumentally screws up, and jobs a team, he jobs the team. Its independent of anything else. So the game was 2-2 and the ref jobbed a team out of the go ahead goal. Its on the ref and first, second, third, fourth half/period has nothing to do with it.

Welcome to football :)

Quirky referee decisions will probably always be a part of the game's charm. Everyone has had it happen to them at some point or the other so in the end I suppose it does even out, sorta.

Still, in general I hope that FIFA will eventually give some directives to allow for more leeway. It's a contact sport and the players aren't made of glass. Save the cards for dirty play.

And amusingly enough, if Slovenia beats England and the US ties Algeria, the US would make it to the next round without winning a single game. Doubt it'll happen, but amusing that it's possible.
Regards,
SB
No :)
England HAS TO WIN, or else they must tie scoring at least 2 more than USA to continue
ie, Eng-SLo 2:2 and USA-Alg 1:1 - USA goes ahead for scoring more goals and tie in direct match
Winner in USA-ALG goes ahead 100%, but if England beats Slovenia, then tie is not enough.
When a ref monumentally screws up, and jobs a team, he jobs the team. Its independent of anything else. So the game was 2-2 and the ref jobbed a team out of the go ahead goal. Its on the ref and first, second, third, fourth half/period has nothing to do with it.
The comment I was listening to, was that referee signaled BEFORE the hit to goal - no idea if he did tho. Maybe he has personal anti-US feelings , but for FIFA, USA going to 1/8 finals is way better...

$ rulz

Ireland - France, when Henry played volleyball to score - that was way more likely to be "agenda"

Back