[PS3] Infamous 2

Man, what a great demo!

I already loved the first Infamous, but this seems like a big step up still. More effects and spectacle, much better framerate, more diverse environments, less stickiness to the platforming. Also the character animation is mighty impressive (particularly that intro sequence w/ the agent). Those dynamic mini-missions (mugging/protesters/etc?) are pretty cool, too.

assurdum said:
I don't have the final game, but in the demo is almost impossible running slower... infamous 2 is a lot frenetic even in the slow controls... really I don't like the new 'setting' of SP... I have understood the game point more on the parkour session but why is impossible to move slowly or normally?:???:

Well, I have no problems with varying my speed at all. But now I am playing Infamous 1 so who knows after that I'll have as much trouble as you guys.

Got my GameStop alert to pick this up tomorow. According to the E3 presentation, the game will support Move ?

Picked this up today and played it for an hour or so.

Control has become looser. It's like on grease. I got used to it quickly.

It seems that climbing building is a little more difficult now because they reduces the number of grab points. I have to watch where I platform or I'll loose my grip and fall (non-fatal).

The graphics has improved. Looks sharper overall. Monsters are much bigger. Not as big as the Titans in GoW but still building size (Small building).

Move control is not there, but will be patched in later according to:
http://ps3.nowgamer.com/news/6083/infamous-2-to-get-move-support-this-year

Uncharted 3 beta code included.

That's it ! Going back to werk. ^_^

Finally saw the first user generated level:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28514938&postcount=1688

So I've gotten a couple of PSN messages over the last few days asking me how I did my level, Block Party.
http://infamousthegame.com/en_US/inf...1a-13fb-43ed-b...
I thought it might help some people better understand how to use the game logic so I wanted to talk about it for a minute.
I don't have any pictures of the level in editor mode so you have to go see for your self.
Here is the level up on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiV7kJBjlQQ

bought it, like it so far...only complain: sound somehow is not so effective in bringing me into action?! sound and music is more subtle imo...

Story seems more fast paced. How long is the game ? I still get lost in the map, wondering where to go next to trigger the next story mission. Very often I ended up half way across the town, which is a boatload of platforming. Fortunately the trip is eventful. In i3, they should send me straight to the next story mission by a button press ! ^_^

Collecting shards is still compelling but I "hate" how they made me detour to get them. It makes my trip very long, collecting one shard after another. :devilish:

Story seems more fast paced. How long is the game ? I still get lost in the map, wondering where to go next to trigger the next story mission. Very often I ended up half way across the town, which is a boatload of platforming.

How the hell is it even possible to get lost looking for story missions? They are always highlighted on the mini map, even if you are on the opposite end of the island.

Anyways, it's a fantastic sequel that pretty much eliminates the only complaints I had with the first game: the stupid surveillance camera missions are gone, the slightly dull visuals are a thing of the past and you now have some effective tools for close quarters combat situations. Speaking of the visuals: This is a very vibrant and beautiful looking game. There's a ton of detail in the buildings, the lighting is absolutely striking and the texture work is generally quite exquisite as well. The depth of field is still a little too pervasive for my taste and some form of anti aliasing would have been really nice to have, but I still prefer the general look in I2 to the overly obvious geometry/texture/objects/etc. "pop-in", the constant screen tearing and performance issues in a game like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Gameplay is an absolute blast thanks to tight controls, varied missions and a great many new or at least tweaked and improved powers to unlock. Unleashing your Ion Vortex into a street packed with cars and unlucky enemies and/or civilians is truly a sight to behold. Never gets old.

Picking this up today from Gamestation, hope its worth the time and effort of putting other games in the backlog. :p

How the hell is it even possible to get lost looking for story missions? They are always highlighted on the mini map, even if you are on the opposite end of the island.

Ha ha ! I blame it on the shards. Before long, I would end up in a different part of the town. Every time I tried to get back, I went on a shard collection platforming run. I think I will get burnt out again.

The other thing is I misinterpreted the icons. I thought the pointy end is the front, but it's the reverse. :LOL: Plus I didn't see the story mission icon at first. Ended up doing a few side missions.

That's why I consider myself a noob gamer even though I have completed some console games.

very good game!!! like it so far! story is slowly picking up...

even though it is an open world game...I like the game...I even did most of the side missions up to now (in contrast to infamous 1, they are now very varied and entertaining)...why? because you need them to unlock some of your powers and this is addicting and a super smart move IMO :D

powers are cool, graphics are really good, much less pop in than in first game...everything mroe polished, some destructible environment is a super nice and impressive bonus, boss fights are nice, speed of unlocking new powers is good so far...nothing to complain,

except for the music in the game...it is to subtle for my taste, I demand some GOW3-esque epic symphonie when I am in the middle of a big hopeless battle to push my manly manliness to new olympic highs!!! :cool:

Got it! Downloaded it from the PSN as i just could not wait to play this game. Big friggin download, but i had to give my new fiber optic broadband connection a good reason to exist.

Well what can i say, Infamous was my favourite game on my PS3 and i pretty much haven't been able to put I2 down. Unlocked all the side missions (good karma first, then i'll go back to be bad!) in the first city and now working my way through the second one.

Not any complaints really, improved on the first one in every way. I did hope they would use some AA but i guess even MLAA was too much, or perhaps it was an issue with all those wires which are pretty constantly in the picture. Wouldn't have looked pretty.

Love.

Ha ha ! I blame it on the shards. Before long, I would end up in a different part of the town. Every time I tried to get back, I went on a shard collection platforming run. I think I will get burnt out again.

The other thing is I misinterpreted the icons. I thought the pointy end is the front, but it's the reverse. :LOL: Plus I didn't see the story mission icon at first. Ended up doing a few side missions.

That's why I consider myself a noob gamer even though I have completed some console games.

Me too! Even in the middle of a mission, i'd see one and suddenly divert to it, then start a shard collecting spree and forget all about the mission i'm doing, until of course i ge the failure message!

:LOL: didn't know this game can be purchased digitally.
I remember in the early days, some were concerned that we won't be able to go DD because of Blu-ray.

Billy-Idol, yeah I collect the shards because I know I will suck in the boss battles. Need all the help I can get from the shards.

:LOL: didn't know this game can be purchased digitally.
I remember in the early days, some were concerned that we won't be able to go DD because of Blu-ray.

Billy-Idol, yeah I collect the shards because I know I will suck in the boss battles. Need all the help I can get from the shards.

From PSN premium or whatever it's called. Got access as welcome back gift and there it was. 15GB download though! Took a good hour or so to complete even on my new connection.

Back