[PS3] Infamous 2

The devs themselves said they are aiming for 60 fps and 3D ! They themselves are responsible for this "rumour" ! They were even open to Move at that point !

Then at the very least i'd expect an absolute rock solid 30fps if they were even serious about hitting 60fps. Who knows, maybe at some point they DID hit 60, but without any bells and whistles on. I imagine it would of looked a bit empty and sterile hence the shift to 30 with carnage on screen.

I don't think open world game benefits from 60fps much at all unless it's 90% racing, Rage is one example of how much effects are lost for pushing 60fps on consoles.

Infamous 1 gets up to 60fps sometimes, when you're looking at walls or the open ocean. In a heavy battle, things start to chop, but it never feels unplayable. In the thick of battle is when the screen is covered in low-res explosion graphics, so it's in effect running at a lower res like wipeout, just not dynamically.

If they were truly targeting 60fps for Infamous 2, it may perform more along the lines of GoW3.

Infamous 1 gets up to 60fps sometimes, when you're looking at walls or the open ocean. In a heavy battle, things start to chop, but it never feels unplayable. In the thick of battle is when the screen is covered in low-res explosion graphics, so it's in effect running at a lower res like wipeout, just not dynamically.

If they were truly targeting 60fps for Infamous 2, it may perform more along the lines of GoW3.

I'd much rather they cap at 30 than have it fluctuate, assuming it's closer to 30 than 60 for the majority of the time. I think GOW was the opposite being closer to 60 for the majority of time.

I'd much rather they cap at 30 than have it fluctuate, assuming it's closer to 30 than 60 for the majority of the time. I think GOW was the opposite being closer to 60 for the majority of time.

GOWIII hovered right in the middle at around 45fps most of the time. Sometimes reaching 50 and sparsely 60 IIRC. It barely ever dropped below 45 fps though so for that i think SSM did a super smashing job on what is for me one of the best looking games this generation :D

Faux Edit:
Infamous 2 is a day 1 purchase (just to add something to the on topic convo :p)

There is an Infamous 2 demo on the U.S. store right now I think?

Playing it now! Doesn't seem 60fps but feels very responsive. God rays and SSAO are nice and subtle.
A LOT of jaggies though. Shadow resolution looks veeery low.

Now to actually play the demo!:D

Playing it now! Doesn't seem 60fps but feels very responsive. God rays and SSAO are nice and subtle.

It seem the same fps of the first (fps unlocked), at least in the demo; more stable but not without dips here & there. Don't like the control... too much faster, I don't remember the first, but here appears too much convulse in motions, especially in the street... graphically is really good, but there are a lot of 'tricks' in the draw distance which don't like so much honestly... by the way the texture are excellent for a free roaming ( I think even better of any R games), light too, the cons is the relative pop up pop in in the draw distance of the texture & the some object, nothing like AC, but enough evident. By the way, the biggest problem remain the controls & camera too for me. It is almost impossible sometimes appreciate the graphic to the 'speed' of the game & setting...

SSAO in an open world game on the consoles :eek:?!?! Really, I didn't know that !

Played the demo a fair bit too (until a boss fight). Liked it a lot. Yeah, the running is very fast but you have analog control over the speed so once you get used to not maxing out while running it's great. Lot of cool animations while climbing too. Seems like a very good game.

Playing it now! Doesn't seem 60fps but feels very responsive.

Definitely not 60 fps, dont know if its unlocked [doubt it], but certainly drops below 30 fps quite often when fighting, especially when using grenades + rocket skill.
Game is jaggy, but on night scenes its fortunately not visible much. From a gameplay standpoint its really similar to Infamous 1, so if You loved first one IF 2 is must have.
I didnt like IF 1 too much, movement seemed limited, framerate was variable and enemies took too many shots to kill. They change movement a little, but without trying ice jump and dash/teleport skill, i just dont feel it changed enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back