Betelgeuse going supernovae

I was going to name a sci-fi book everyone should read, really amazing novel, mentioning that the twist at the end is Betelgeuse going nova, but then i'd be spoiling the end of the book so i won't tell you the title.
And that's one of my most sensical posts.
Ever.

I find it quite strange that we always come out fine in such a chaotic universe. Maybe Intelligent Design is real?

I'm guessing that all those other civilizations out there that got wiped out by magnetars and other cosmological accidents probably wouldn't feel the same way. Sad to think about, but it's probably the case.

Wasn't that the story about a world orbiting 5 suns, when all of them would dip below the horizon all at the same time...?
That's "Nightfall", yes same story there

PS: according to Wiki, I'm wrong, "Gods themselves" never was short story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks London Boy, I will remember that.

I'm guessing that all those other civilizations out there that got wiped out by magnetars and other cosmological accidents probably wouldn't feel the same way. Sad to think about, but it's probably the case.

What exactly about the Bible prevents the existence of other civilisations?

Whether it does or doesn't is kind of beside the point. I was merely pointing out that the fact that we haven't gotten wiped out yet without considering the many civilizations that probably have is a pretty narrow view point to take. It's like being the sole survivor of an earthquake and then somehow attributing it to divine intervention.

Thanks London Boy, I will remember that.

One Adam, one Eve, or a trillion of each? A special heaven for cats and dogs? Some of the points touched on in Fiasco by Stanislaw Lem. Blew my little teenage atheist mind.

Back