I have a great dude about the MGS4 resolution

well,i have a lcd with native resolution 1920x1080 and i have a great problem with this game,metal gear solid 4.

The problem is MGS4 have a strange native resolucion , 1024x768 , and having in count that i have a full hd tv what resolution put in my ps3 for the upscaler and how it see better?in 720p or 1080p?

What upscaler is better for this game ( 1024x768 ) having in count that i have a full hd tv?

pd: please i need this answer and people that knows this situation

pd2: sorry for my english,im from spain and thank you so much!!!

friend then the upscaling 1080p is better than upscaling 720p in this game?i dont understand this strange resolution from MGS4.

The i put the 1080p right? THANKS!!

Not sure whether I understand the question or not, but MGS4 scales up rather well to 1080p and does so by default, so just leave it at that.

fuck...i hate my english....well,the only thing that i cuestion is if MGS4 looks better on 720p or 1080p?because the native resolution is 1024x768 and always upscale and i (having a full hd) say if MGS4 have best upscale in 720p or in 1080p?having in count my full hd.

Thank you so much and forgive me

No need to be forgiven my friend. You should test the game upscaled to 720p and 1080p and see which one you prefer. Does it look better to you in 720p or 1080p?

thank you man! this is the problem,i tested the two upscaler and i dont know cause sometimes i see better one than other and i would like to know with my full hd which is the best upscaler?

pd: in this game its so hard see the differences but in GOW3 its so easy because the upscaler to 1080p is HORRIBLE (normal knowing that the resolution is 720p native)

Thanks friend!!

I think MGS4 does a good job with the upscaling process. Whether you get better or worse results with 720p probably depends on the quality of the scaler hardware in your tv or external receiver. Just pick whichever looks bets to you. I leave it at 1080p for the sole reason that I don't want to tinker with the PS3's display setting every time I change games. Some of them are native 1080p after all and I don't want to force them into 720p obviously.

you have reason cause i have my ps3 in 720p1080p only activated and when i put the MGS4 automatically the game detect 1080p...

Then i leave the 1080p without changes right?

forgive for m english reall,i feel so bad talking of this way.

But then both upscaler are same good in MGS4 and you obtaine the same results having in count that you have a decent tv.
Its not the case of GOW3 where his upscaler is a bullshit (cause this game has 720p native)

forgive for m english reall,i feel so bad talking of this way.

But then both upscaler are same good in MGS4 and you obtaine the same results having in count that you have a decent tv.
Its not the case of GOW3 where his upscaler is a bullshit (cause this game has 720p native)

In my tv MGS 4 at 720p is really really bad...and I have an hd ready...

You really don't need to apologize for your English my friend.

I have been speaking it most of my life and it's still a strange language to grasp. You're doing a great job. :)

I have a native 720p screen and MGS scales like shit trying to figure out how to make the extra 8 vertical pixels disappear. 1080p will show all the pixels, but will look better or worse depending on how you are upscaling.

Back