[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
2060i09.jpg

ndx6is.jpg

i35rm8.jpg

mwdych.jpg

29ofku1.jpg

Just look at them colours in all these shots ! Its damn irresistible ! and the designs for the new mechs and HG units are so cool. GG has found its feet now, and placed them firmly on ground !

[gt]709046[/gt]
Off screen co-op gameplay.
Gear up gentlemen, we are going to give one hell of a fight to those Higs ! :devilish:

WOW..it's just, so beautiful. Each strand of my hair literally stood up in the wake of that music and cutscenes. I have great faith in the story telling this time around.

I doubt they would have made a QTE where you beat the crap out of the most hated character in Killzone 2 :LOL:

Unless GG hates him as much :p

There was a cutscene if I recall correctly where Rico got a punch in the face. And this is probably it

I hope that this time we get a little more of the rather interesting backstory. I mean essentially you play on the side of the bad guys, but it wasn't even hinted at in KZ2. When you have Malcolm Mcdowell and Ray Winstone you might as well put them to good use.

I hope that this time we get a little more of the rather interesting backstory. I mean essentially you play on the side of the bad guys, but it wasn't even hinted at in KZ2. When you have Malcolm Mcdowell and Ray Winstone you might as well put them to good use.

Its not as clear as you state. The ISA were good guys all along. Visari was a modern day Hitler and Helghast the Nazis. That is how the story was showcased in KZ1. Visari's Helghast shot anybody who resisted them, even if they were Helghast. They shot them on point blank range. THey were not patriots or anything.

"Our enemies at home have been re-educated !"
There were people on Helghan itself who resisted and backed ISA like Hakka in KZ1. The Helghast wanted to capture Vekta too, so the ISA forces came in to protect humans.I am not aware of Liberation story, so I can't comment.

It was only during KZ2 development, when the fight went to Helghan that GG started building alternate views to the story. They changed stuff around and Helghan became the name of a company who worked on the planet "Helghan" (THe planet being named after the corporation). And then GG mixed economics in to show that ISA had $$ interests in controlling Helghan and all.

In KZ1, the Helghast were shown disfigured by the Helghan climate, even Hakka and Visari, hence all the mask/goggle issues. During KZ2, they said that the mask was a uniform of the workers and had stuck on as a symbol of revolution that Visari had spearheaded in Helghan. But look at the "enemies at home" in this video from KZ1: they are also wearing those goggles, whereas KZ2 said that those goggles were a symbol of the revolution.

You will find many more story points which were changed during KZ2 development to make the story feel more complicated and intricate.
But this was not the case all along. This shift in attitude that Helghast are just oppressed humans came along while KZ2 was being developed. I think, that is the reason it wasn't fleshed out in KZ2, as the story was pretty different earlier. I think it will be fleshed out more now in KZ3 as the devs are more clear on what direction they need to take. In fact , when KZ2 was announced, me and other people who had played KZ1 were expecting to see some kindof Helghast rebels who would fight alongside us on Helghan to dethrone Visari, as he was a dictator, a tyrant in KZ1. It never happened and instead Visari was shown as Hero of Helghan in KZ2. it didn't really match with the storyline of KZ1, but well, I guess they were changing stuff to make it more interesting. They made it seem that ISA were fed with a wrong image of Helghast. It seems they themselves were a little unsure while making KZ2, it must have been sorted out by now.
We can hope for a better story this time and the trailer seems to confirm that.

Yep its Cpt. Narville punching Rico.

Eh… for some unknown reason, I feel that they should make it like Kratos punching Zeus in GoW3.

I like the KZ3 trailer quite a bit, but the jump in this shot looks too tame:
2ef6bg9.jpg

Should be more aggressive and forceful. The lean and posture are a little off. :p

It was only during KZ2 development, when the fight went to Helghan that GG started building alternate views to the story. They changed stuff around and Helghan became the name of a company who worked on the planet "Helghan" (THe planet being named after the corporation). And then GG mixed economics in to show that ISA had $$ interests in controlling Helghan and all.

That's basically all I am familiar with. Never played the first game. Doesn't really make much of a difference though, because unless GG decides to change the story again for KZ3, the ISA are effectively bad guys, or at least they aren't any better. They also have Rico. No one's as bad as Rico. Not even Visari. In fact an alternative campaign where I can chase down the fucker with a squad of Helghan assassins would be much appreciated.

Anyway, the game looks splendid. Art direction like that deserves more than a skript even Michael Bay would hesitate to turn into a movie.

but the jump in this shot looks too tame:
mate, that dudes doing a jump like someit nereyev would do in "dance of the faeries"
Are these actual ingame screenshots? Not bullshots
MLAA makes it hard to tell nowadays. If so than MLAA is the bomb

As I remember from the first game Hakka makes reference to the fact that helgans were the original settlers of vekta before the ISA came along and evicted them. So the invasion was all about reclaiming what originally theirs. The invasion of helgan was just the ISA making sure they wouldn't try again. Ever.

Its not as clear as you state. The ISA were good guys all along. Visari was a modern day Hitler and Helghast the Nazis. That is how the story was showcased in KZ1. Visari's Helghast shot anybody who resisted them, even if they were Helghast. They shot them on point blank range. THey were not patriots or anything.

"Our enemies at home have been re-educated !"
There were people on Helghan itself who resisted and backed ISA like Hakka in KZ1. The Helghast wanted to capture Vekta too, so the ISA forces came in to protect humans.I am not aware of Liberation story, so I can't comment.

In KZ1, the Helghast were shown disfigured by the Helghan climate, even Hakka and Visari, hence all the mask/goggle issues. During KZ2, they said that the mask was a uniform of the workers and had stuck on as a symbol of revolution that Visari had spearheaded in Helghan. But look at the "enemies at home" in this video from KZ1: they are also wearing those goggles, whereas KZ2 said that those goggles were a symbol of the revolution.

You will find many more story points which were changed during KZ2 development to make the story feel more complicated and intricate.
But this was not the case all along. This shift in attitude that Helghast are just oppressed humans came along while KZ2 was being developed. I think, that is the reason it wasn't fleshed out in KZ2, as the story was pretty different earlier. I think it will be fleshed out more now in KZ3 as the devs are more clear on what direction they need to take. In fact , when KZ2 was announced, me and other people who had played KZ1 were expecting to see some kindof Helghast rebels who would fight alongside us on Helghan to dethrone Visari, as he was a dictator, a tyrant in KZ1. It never happened and instead Visari was shown as Hero of Helghan in KZ2. it didn't really match with the storyline of KZ1, but well, I guess they were changing stuff to make it more interesting. They made it seem that ISA were fed with a wrong image of Helghast. It seems they themselves were a little unsure while making KZ2, it must have been sorted out by now.
We can hope for a better story this time and the trailer seems to confirm that.

Even as such it is a change towards the better. Right?

But ignoring KZ2's plot evolution and taking the similarities between Helghans and the Nazis, the original KZ1 can still back up KZ2's take on the game's story. The German's were also humiliated as a nation and economically by those that fought them in the first world war who werent exactly "angels". With the exception of few rich Germans and Jews the people were living in misery and poverty.. They needed to recover from this. In that respect they are similar to the Helghans. And this is were Hitler and the far right wing found the opportunity to propagandize, rule, destroy political opponents and promised a strong nation of an Aryan race that would stand against those that humiliated them. And of course not all Germans liked this fascism and nationalism from Hitler and opposed him. This is similar again to what Visari was doing and to Hakka as someone who was against him despite what has happened to his nation

mate, that dudes doing a jump like someit nereyev would do in "dance of the faeries"
Are these actual ingame screenshots? Not bullshots
MLAA makes it hard to tell nowadays. If so than MLAA is the bomb

Yep in stills MLAA is excellent.

I took those captures from the trailer in media Player classic. I think most of them are cutscenes. So, I don't think we can judge AA from them.

I watched the trailer again. I think the HG being oppressed people isn't being showcased in KZ3 either. In fact this screen here is a Deja Vu from the KZ1 intro on the PS2:
29ofku1.jpg

The HG are doing their Nazi stuff again. Maybe the ISA having a -ve side is for backstory stuff only as ISA are stranded on the Helghan and , going by the trailer, the Helghast are themselves fighting for power. I don't think its a situation where Sev might think of turning into a Helghast. And if you guys have watched the leaked Preview code Mawler mission, then Sev makes an inspiring speech about getting off Helghan. In that cutscene too, just like this trailer, HG are being feared by the ISA for what they do to their prisoners. The vibe you get in KZ3 media is that the HG are slaughtering any ISA they find. No ethics at all ! I would myself love a more intricate story, but as of now, i don't think its there. But it would be super cool if the last level makes you convert to HG and send you off to the ISA base as a covert operative. KZ3 ends, KZ4 is all about sabotage, blowing up the ISA ! (But I don't think it can happen. Even if ISA is bad, the HG have killed too many of my friends for me snuggle upto them. I liked Garza a lot. Templar too, along with the female scientist, was killed at point blank range. When they were unarmed. obviously, The HG don't take any POWs. its too much trouble!)

. No one's as bad as Rico. Not even Visari. In fact an alternative campaign where I can chase down the fucker with a squad of Helghan assassins would be much appreciated.

Rico's whole squad was slaughtered by the HG. Templar had earned his respect in KZ1, so he obeyed his orders, otherwise he is just a Kratos of KZ universe. He kills when he sees Higs. I was severely disappointed when he Killed Visari instead of me killing him as final boss, but looking at KZ1, he has a right to vengeance, especially after Visari had Templar killed, the only officer Rico respected. Sev had no particular relationship with Visari at that point in the story except that he was following orders.
Everything fits if you take KZ1 into consideration, but I can understand a lot of people haven't played KZ1.......and , well, even for those who have played KZ1,Rico is still one annoying character. Would Kratos be equally annoying if he was a sidekick and we weren't playing as him? I guess so......

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Kratos is pretty annoying as a protagonist actually. He was a great character in the first game, but they ruined him in the sequels. (I guess that's to be expected if you are turning something into a trilogy that was essentially finished after the first entry)

What would be really cool would be if they included a HD version of KZ1 with KZ3. It wasn't the best game ever but it was one of the best on the PS2, and the final fight on the space station was pretty epic!

What would be really cool would be if they included a HD version of KZ1 with KZ3. It wasn't the best game ever but it was one of the best on the PS2, and the final fight on the space station was pretty epic!

WeatherStation, Vektan Slums, The Docks and that one area inside the Bamboo forest which was all brown like R:FOM were the ones made me drool at the time :D ! In fact The Docks has pretty similar feel to KZ2 ! The Mall was really cool too , with all the white and baked GI ! KZ 1 was sure a looker, but gameplay was a little repetitive. But then, even though shooting felt tighter in Black, it was KZ that I finished , Black is still lying unfinished.
The only thing I didn't like in KZ 1 was the sound of guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back