[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
They still use motion blur for a lot of things but less in your face this time, more subtle. And I'm quite happy with MLAA, the texture details retained by it far outweighs the odd subpixel aliasing here and there.
They also gained nice amount of performance as they do not have to supersample lighting anymore.

When will they open KZ3 beta to PS+ members ? After seeing R3 and U3 reveals, would like to check out KZ3 for real. ^_^

Not destructive/threatening enough: :devilish:
For that size, I expected something like Stalin's Organ:

IMHO, the crab mini-boss in Vanquish is more memorable, partly because of the camera angle.

EDIT:
Although not a FPS, the Metal Gear boss fight in MGS4 is interesting too:

More info on the giant mecha in KZ3:
http://kotaku.com/5712999/killzone-3-and-one-very-large-flea

He brought me back to an old Metal Gear Solid 4 bit of hype when he mentioned that one of the operating principles for conflicts in Killzone 3 is that there won't be anywhere safe to hide. The MAWLR was busting down the walls from where Hulst was firing. He had to keep running as he was gunning.

Hulst mentioned that co-op is split screen only. No online co-op.

The chaos Hulst showed me seemed like the kind of chaos made for two. You can play the mission he showed me in co-op, but split-screen only, not online, he said.

It's probably a step up from R2 since the Goliath fight in R2 was scripted, and SP only.

I can see all the missile launchers, except the missiles. ^_^

They should have a scene to show the mecha bombard a target in full force (Rock my HDTV, baby !). Sev should attack the mecha while it's distracted. Would be strange if a few rockets from a portable launcher can take down a giant that size.

I hate grain filter.

I would like to see some KZ3 MP Beta vs. KZ3 Preview Code comparison. KZ3 MP beta hurt my eyes badly.

I think it's official, I dont like MLAA? Those screens look weird..

I think they look grainy "weird" due to them disabling/negative bias mipmapping to make it look more detailed ignoring any AF if used, atleast in these stills. Doubt they would have it off for play as it affects perfomance when mips are skipped using higher LOD textures for distant surfaces. Anyway has the mipmap bias -1.5 to -2 look. Cant be nice in motion with such aliasing...

Oh

My

God!!

I never even thought that kind of visuals were possible on this generation consoles. How did they pull it off? If the framerate is constant at 30fps with all that detail then my jaw is on the floor.

Jesus Christ those graphics are insane! Can't believe GG pushed the visual that much further in killzone 3, the MAWLR is just so detailed and magnificent looking.
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2010/349/reviews/996959_20101216_screen003.jpg
Agreed. That is simply incredible! It's an astonishing leap over KZ2.

I think they look grainy "weird" due to them disabling/negative bias mipmapping to make it look more detailed ignoring any AF if used, atleast in these stills. Doubt they would have it off for play as it affects perfomance when mips are skipped using higher LOD textures for distant surfaces. Anyway has the mipmap bias -1.5 to -2 look. Cant be nice in motion with such aliasing...

Its because of grain filter, KZ2 used it in ample amount but it was lost due to the QAA blur, here its more pronounced. Keep in mind KZ2 was one of the few console games to use good quality AF.

I think they look grainy "weird" due to them disabling/negative bias mipmapping to make it look more detailed

Nobody biases mipmaps .it breaks the cache.It's safer to do sharpen PP, ...Or nearest neightbour downsampling the hirez captures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back