[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@patsu

I won't because they don't wanna be unique anymore. They just want more sales. There're lots of people enjoying the game even if it is buggy as hell, lots of cheerleaders in there. So they won't listen to me.

Restructering the forum is not what I'm asking, I'm asking for big changes from gameplay to menu design. But they're talking about little tweaks. It seems GG is happy with what they're doing and they think they're doing the best thing. A short quote from FAQ on Beta forum ;
Q: Custom Games, are they in or out?!
A: Custom Games are out too. We have chosen for Matchmaking for a couple of reasons: to reduce the large amount of exploits, to make sure players are put in better competitive matches and to make it easier for people to find games. As we have noticed Matchmaking is not working properly yet. We are working hard to fix that, but it doesn’t mean the choice is not valid. Custom games created unreadable lists with a plethora of different games, but very often not the game that a player is trying to find. Yes, we have taken away some of the freedom, but we’ve replaced it with a much easier, user friendly system.
This answer tells me that decision-maker thinks what he does is the best thing for users. That's why I gave up.

Then you should start a "I give up/I don't care anymore" thread in the beta forum. Let them see how many have given up on them. ^_^

I'd be interested to see a body count when the beta forum is open. These people most likely won't buy the game.

EDIT: When they streamline the forum, it may mean they have assigned a few people to track the specific issues.

Anyway, I can still follow you around in MAG, so no loss to me ! :cool:

@patsu

I won't because they don't wanna be unique anymore. They just want more sales. There're lots of people enjoying the game even if it is buggy as hell, lots of cheerleaders in there. So they won't listen to me.

Restructering the forum is not what I'm asking, I'm asking for big changes from gameplay to menu design. But they're talking about little tweaks. It seems GG is happy with what they're doing and they think they're doing the best thing. A short quote from FAQ on Beta forum ;
This answer tells me that decision-maker thinks what he does is the best thing for users. That's why I gave up.

You should post these issues there ! U r not the only one who thinks the new approach is wrong ! You represent all of us who are not in the beta but love KZ2 dearly. To me it was my best online experience along with Warhawk and BF:BC ! If u don't voice ur opinion we might lose all of the games we love untill all of them become CODs !
I can't believe GG let the original team leave !! I mean KZ2 maps are the best maps I have played in MP ever. Very well planned, tested and yet very unique !

well can't do anything, they just think what they are doing is for the best & it needs no changes (as far as design goes).

Listening to the majority can only lead one way. We know what the most popular shooter is. It's CoD. Ask random people what a shooter should be like, and it'll be more like CoD. So that's what we're getting. BF:BC to BF:BC 2 became more like CoD, Rfom to R2 ... , MoH ... , MAG is slowly being turned into CoD. So which game will those people buy instead of KZ3?

Which brings me to the question...why would I play something that resembles COD ? why not simply play COD instead ?

Every game needs to have its identity & hold it for its sequels, doing away with it can only have a negative impact. MAG is still the same old game infact its even better now cause the players now understand the game & play with full teamwork. BFBC2 on the other hand plays exactly like the previous game.

More tech analysis

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-killzone-3-tech-analysis?page=1

KZ_Jobs.bmp.jpg

grandmaster, did Sony sponsor that article ? I suspect it's too early to do tech analysis since they are trying to fix gameplay bugs, and the screens say "alpha code". >_<

It tells us why framerate fans are disappointed with the beta though. :p

Then you should start a "I give up/I don't care anymore" thread in the beta forum. Let them see how many have given up on them. ^_^

I'd be interested to see a body count when the beta forum is open. These people most likely won't buy the game.

EDIT: When they streamline the forum, it may mean they have assigned a few people to track the specific issues.

Anyway, I can still follow you around in MAG, so no loss to me ! :cool:
I'm spreading my love for Mercenaries 2 in beta forums. :lol

I'm at Level 67 , not much left to vet SVER by the way. I'll switch back to Raven probably so we can play in same faction again.

At level 67 Raven now too. Tried Escalation once, it's prettier and fresh, but I still prefer Acquisition and Domination.

So did anyone else join you in the "Mercernaries 2" thread ? ^_^

JardeL, according to this GAF post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24273908&postcount=5965

Some of the concerns are being rectified:

We are playing around with adding some more TSP's to the levels.

We'll roadtest it internally to see if this helps with the base camping.

Also, we've drastically reduced the amount of time it takes for a Tact to neutralise a TSP, it's now shorter than the respawn timer so you can clear a TSP of enemies and then neutralise it before the enemies respawn.

The scary thing is: It sounds like a basic problem. How come they have to wait until now to fix it ?

So did anyone else join you in the "Mercernaries 2" thread ? ^_^
Actually I've managed to switch 1 [ one ] guy to the dark side. lol
JardeL, according to this GAF post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24273908&postcount=5965

Some of the concerns are being rectified:

The scary thing is: It sounds like a basic problem. How come they have to wait until now to fix it ?
Saw that but it's not tempting enough for me. If I had a chance, I would ask only one question to GG ; " You guys trying to copy COD, ok but what makes you think that a casual player will play KZ3 MP instead of COD or other clones of it? ".

For example, why I chose

- MAG over COD : Because MAG is very very dynamic and have tens of objectives if not hundreds [if you count repairs].
- Warhawk over others : Warhawk is the most balanced game I've ever played. From maps to vehicles I can't find a single flaw.

What about KZ3? Why should I play it? It's not unique, not even fun to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back