[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I forgot to download the KZ3 dynamic theme. So I'm not in the beta.

MAG will keep me company for some time.

I quit playing after 2 days but it's not about bugs. KZ3 MP is flawed as hell and there's no way they can fix this crap without complete revamp.

KZ3 doesn't feel like a Killzone game, it doesn't have KZ soul in it.

MP designer, Dan Nanni , has almost no experience about MP design and GG chose to give him a chance, very smart! Dan Nanni's only game as a MP designer is Mercenaries 2. And more interestingly that game did not have even competitive MP according to Wiki. KZ is Playstation's flagship shooter, I can't believe they consigned MP to that guy. That's worse than consigning it to me , lol.

Played over 500 hours of KZ2 but I don't think I'll play 5 hours of KZ3 MP.

I don't know why but they even changed perfect clan system and perfect menus. What's the point of it? eg. Press square to Join game. Lol , why? What was wrong with X ?

"Oh man, this is my game, remove everything that had been done in KZ2 even if it was perfect!!! "

In MAG, medics are vitally important and you can turn the tide as a medic. In KZ3, medics are useless. I wouldn't care if they completely remove that class. Because of low-to-non health, 3 sec respawn time & bad revive system, nobody care about reviving or being revived. People think " why would I wait for a medic? I can respawn in 3 secs already! " and I don't blame them. Also, medics think " Why would I revive anyone, someone will kill me even if I try " and they're right too. Another design flaw about medic class ; they can self-revive themselves. Wth?

KZ3 MP, as it stands ,is a joke. GG should fire Dan Nanni.

I quit playing after 2 days but it's not about bugs. KZ3 MP is flawed as hell and there's no way they can fix this crap without complete revamp.

MP designer, Dan Nanni , has almost no experience about MP design and GG chose to give him a chance, very smart! Dan Nanni's only game as a MP designer is Mercenaries 2. And more interestingly that game did not have even competitive MP according to Wiki. KZ is Playstation's flagship shooter, I can't believe they consigned MP to that guy. That's worse than consigning it to me , lol.

I don't know why but they even changed perfect clan system and perfect menus. What's the point of it? eg. Press square to Join game. Lol , why? What was wrong with X ?

"Oh man, this is my game, remove everything that had been done in KZ2 even if it was perfect!!! "

In MAG, medics are vitally important and you can turn the tide as a medic. In KZ3, medics are useless. I wouldn't care if they completely remove that class. Because of low-to-non health, 3 sec respawn time & bad revive system, nobody care about reviving or being revived. People think " why would I wait for a medic? I can respawn in 3 secs already! " and I don't blame them. Also, medics think " Why would I revive anyone, someone will kill me even if I try " and they're right too. Another design flaw about medic class ; they can self-revive themselves. Wth?

You should put all this in the official beta forum, seriuosly, they need to hear hard hitting uncensored criticism !

BTW, wasn't there a dedicated MP team for KZ2? What happened to them? Why is there a new designer in?

From what I have watched in videos, people die too quickly. There is no chance to retaliate. Once someone has spotted you, u r pretty much dead. Which is absolutely bad, absolutely COD and absolutely not Killzone ! The reason I loved KZ2 was that there were always "Encounters" between people. There was always time to have a look at who is shooting you at ur back and turn around and take a headshot. From the videos, it seems that time is gone and its like COD now where you run around and as soon as u realise someone's shooting you, you are dead. Rinse and repeat. KZ2's health system stretched the encounters for a few seconds more making it a battle of skill not "Hey a ! I saw u first !" ! I haven't played the beta, but this "quick death" is all evident in the multitude of "Invidious" videos on youtube ! and it feels bad.

On top of that, I don't see much of recoil at all !! Another step towards COD :devilish: ! If you guys remember, recoil has been a part of KZ since KZ1 on PS2. At one time during the development of KZ2, one of the journalists had commented that the game looks amazing but the guns are "jumping like frogs" and how they need to tone down recoil. From recoil being so important to their "realistic" philosophy of "no shooting while jumping", weight to the character movement and inaccurate guns due to recoil and bullet spread, they seem to be losing the very character of Killzone and dumbing it down to serve the mighty COD lovers. I say bloody kill them all :devilish: ! I don't want another f**king COD, I want my heavy, gritty, blood-in-the-mouth Killzone !!!

Get this stuff into their beta forums. I am tilting more towards the new SOCOM than KZ3, except for the art style and mighty visuals, the new Socom seems to play better. But I don't want Socom, I want my Killzone :cry: !

If they listened to the fans.
They would only needed to changed the spawn grenade mechanic and the assault class and perhaps remove the bots.
Less gimmicks is less shit to balance.

I heard people like the jetpack. If it's a matter of spawn time and health bar, it can be changed easily right ?

I have no idea how the new tactical spawn points, medic, and other advanced capabilities work.

Basically if a team controls both spawn points then they are going to win...cause there is almost no way to capture a spawn point once its taken by the enemy, either because there's just one entrance to the spawn or because both entrance are too small & cause a choke point for the attacking team & they basically become cannon fodder cause the team holding the tactical point can respawn within 3 seconds.

This. Is very bad news. :cry:

Jardel - are there at least any improvements? Not that I know many areas that could have been improved from KZ2 apart from perhaps the aim.... Damn. I was really looking forward to this.

You should put all this in the official beta forum, seriuosly, they need to hear hard hitting uncensored criticism !

BTW, wasn't there a dedicated MP team for KZ2? What happened to them? Why is there a new designer in?
I did but noone will care I believe.

I don't know what happened to MP team but Level Designer of KZ2 is working on Brink if I'm not mistaken.
I heard people like the jetpack. If it's a matter of spawn time and health bar, it can be changed easily right ?

I have no idea how the new tactical spawn points, medic, and other advanced capabilities work.
Jetpacks are fun but you can't fly with them, they're just jump-packs that makes you jump higher. Jet-packs' guns are best guns btw because they have noticeable recoil, lol.

Regarding spawn points, think about Warhawk. You go, wait for 10-15 secs and capture it. But you need to be a tactician. Not bad, but there're only 2 or 3 capturable spawn points. eg. Island Outpost in Warhawk has 8 capturable spawn zones.
This. Is very bad news. :cry:

Jardel - are there at least any improvements? Not that I know many areas that could have been improved from KZ2 apart from perhaps the aim.... Damn. I was really looking forward to this.
Actually, brutal melees are fun. In BF:BC2 I always tried to knife people because it was satisfying. I feel the same for brutal melees. Jetpacks are also fun and useful especially against spawn campers. But your health is low so it's hard to get away even with jetpack. Spawn camping with mechs are fun [ you get scores like 50k - 3d. :smile:] , WASP and EMP are fun also.

Map designs are really bad. Salamun Market alone is way much better than KZ3's 3 maps, combined. Why would you place a S&D objective in front of capturable spawn point which has a WASP gun while other team's S&D is not like that?

And matchmaking, OMG! Why would you remove server list if you can't come up with a better solution? I was sick of playing 10vs3 7vs2 matches.

Also noticed a lot of graphical and gameplay bugs but I know, this is Alpha build they can improve those, hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically if a team controls both spawn points then they are going to win...cause there is almost no way to capture a spawn point once its taken by the enemy, either because there's just one entrance to the spawn or because both entrance are too small & cause a choke point for the attacking team & they basically become cannon fodder cause the team holding the tactical point can respawn within 3 seconds.

Also i heard that the spawn timer is lower then the spawn capture time?
So if you could clear the room you couldn't capture the point before the second wave spawned.

Map designs are really bad. Salamun Market alone is way much better than KZ3's 3 maps, combined. Why would you place a S&D objective in front of capturable spawn point which has a WASP gun while other team's S&D is not like that?

This, health bar, spawn time and not enough spawn points are the most serious mistakes I have heard. The rest I think they can tweak along the way.

Also noticed a lot of graphical and gameplay bugs but I know, this is Alpha build they can improve those, hopefully.

Yeah... see, is it an Alpha or Beta ? ^_^

A lot of the negative comments are from people that enjoyed how KZ2 played and are not enjoying the shift towards COD type gameplay. Are the impressions from people who didnt like KZ2 so much and enjoy the COD style more along the same lines? Is the gameplay fundamentally broken or is the main problem that its lost its uniqueness now?

Well, some of the criticisms like the broken map ones sound legit although I have not seen it personally.

It's still prudent for GG to say something about what they're trying to achieve.

Looking through the later GAF posts. I think people are confusing design issues and implementation bugs. Things like aiming accuracy and lack of recoil may be implementation bugs (or incomplete implementation). GG has already mentioned that recoil will be back.

Things like broken maps, insufficient spawn points are design issues. This is the real KZ3 issues.

So unless GG help the mob understand the differences, they may suffer similar fate as R2.

EDIT: Article comparing differences between KZ2 and KZ3:
http://translate.google.bs/translat...vergleicht-die-Waffen-der-PS3-Shooter-796842/

Beta preview article:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/03/killzone-3-beta-preview/

I didn't know there is a new game mode:

Operations is quite a bit of fun. When you're part of a squad that's collectively pushing toward a goal or coordinating a defensive stand, the game clicks in a wonderful way. It's not just the pleasure of working toward something as a team and seeing those plans come to fruition, Killzone 3's multiplayer is also deepy satisfying in its strategic balancing act: who's playing which class and the importance of that specific role. When you've got all of these things working together, Killzone 3 gels like few other multiplayer games out there.

On mech and jetpack...

The other new additions to the multiplayer are the Exo Mechs and jet packs. The Exo Mech is quite strong and can attack enemies from across great distances, thanks to its instant-kill missiles and long-distance machine gun turret. At first it seems overpowered, but a coordinated attack from a small group of soldiers, even just a pair, can be quite effective against one. Mechs are big and powerful, but they're also quite lumbering, making it difficult for them to deal with attacks coming from several directions at once.

Then you've got the jet pack, which comes with its own mounted machine gun. Like the mech, you can attack enemies from a pretty good distance, with the added benefit of being able to climb vertically relatively quickly. Also, unlike jet packs in other games, the one in Killzone 3 is made to glide. Once maximum altitude is reached, by holding in the shoulder button, you can effectively slow your descent and glide back down. So even when you've spent your boost, you can stay mobile and aren't forced to simply plummet back to the ground like in Halo: Reach.

Operations mode is just a crippled Warzone variant with cutscenes, nothing new. It has 2 Search&Destroy objectives and one Capture&Hold objective with less player count; 6 vs 6.

Operations mode should be vs AI imo, similar to UC2 co-op or R2 co-op. 4-5 secs cutscenes are not enough to make it a 'new' game mode to be honest.

Operations mode is just a crippled Warzone variant with cutscenes, nothing new. It has 2 Search&Destroy objectives and one Capture&Hold objective with less player count; 6 vs 6.

Operations mode should be vs AI imo, similar to UC2 co-op or R2 co-op. 4-5 secs cutscenes are not enough to make it a 'new' game mode to be honest.

I can actually agree with this to be honest... sort of a souped-up horde mode type co-op deal.

I think it'd be more fun playing with buddies against a tonne of bots.

JardeL, I heard they reorganized the beta forum structure yesterday to streamline feedback. Are you going to dup your posts over there ?

I can't get into the beta forum coz I'm not invited. :mad:

EDIT: I was in the R2 beta and regret not being loud and harsh enough at Insomniac at that time. Since you're in the KZ3 beta, might as well make your presence worthwhile. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back