Force Unleashed 2

My only problem was targeting with force powers. I'm not sure if they added an option for targeting relative to the camera instead of the direction the player is facing. That just seemed incredibly stupid and awkward.

I kinda got used to it. Especially later when the game starts to throw enemies in large quantities from every direction at you it's a lot easier to just turn the dude around and fire away. You're bound to hit at least something that way. The game's poor aiming system was basically the only way to deal with the equally poor level design.

The story was probably better than the prequel trilogy :p
But the gameplay was somewhat off...never feel as powerful as a sith due to wonky combat.

I liked the first one very much!
Graphics was ok, all the other tech was cool...maybe a little bit underused by the game.
Gameplay was great and thus I am looking forward to this game!!

Great looking game, very tempting buy for me. Combat is simple, from the demo, but I could terrorize storm troopers all day. Maybe I'm just partial to Star Wars, but the level design, the characters, animation and music were all top notch.

I don't mind the combat being simple to a certain degree. I heard the force is relegated to one button, so I hope that works as a modifier for melee as well (haven't played TFU or TFU2 so I don't know).

I'm playing through the demo right now. Graphics are great, and the framerate seems really smooth, despite being only at 30 FPS. Hell, I thought it was using the frame rate interpolation technique at first.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game has so much potential. The combat feels great but the unreliable lock on and strange button placement really kill it.

Looks really good tho. I'll prolly pick this up eventually

Graphics are very aliasing free.

I'm not sure about the game. The gameplay seems to have the chance to become hideously boring quickly, but yet I stuck with it to finish the demo which is pretty rare for me to finish a demo...they threw just enough new things out and made boss fights easy enough to keep it interesting...I still find the force throw controls to be poor.

I think I remember one review of FU1 complaining about how underpowered the lightsaber was, and it's definitely here again. Chopping on storm stroopers with the sabre is pretty ineffective compared to other attacks, when logically I think it should be the strongest.

just tried the demo myself, it does seeems to have some sort dithering around all the edges like someone mention on the IQ thread, overall I find the environment really flat and not very detail at all especially for a 30 fps game. Gameplay wise, the combat just doesn't feel very smooth, objects grabbing didnt improve much from the last game. I was super hyped for the last game and ended up very disappointed, this game doesn't seems to have changed much in terms of gameplay.

Hm, I played the Xbox demo at gamescom and liked it a lot.
I already decided to buy this game (except there is some serious failure in the retail version or the campaign is < 8 hours long)

Back