[PS3] LittleBigPlanet 2

OK, LBP2 broke my level :(

Only had chance to try a few things so far but I tested my current levels and the changes have broken certain aspects of them which means I need to fix them...bit of a pity really.

Oh, and anyone on the beta - as a heads up, there's a 1.3GB patch once you get the game installed.

If anyone wants me to test their level and give feedback feel free to ask :)

It's like Facebook for LBP2 users. You have your own space where you can select levels to play or view details on the levels you've published, and you can find and explore other users, what they've made, what they've played, etc.

sorry to hear that mate, apparently all invites have now been sent :(

What blows me away is that there isn't a single 1st Party beta that I haven't been in...besides the LBP ones.

Warhawk
Killzone 2
Killzone 2
Resistance 2
Dead Nation
MAG
ModNation Racers
Fat Princess
SOCOM: Confrontation

All of those, many before Qore or Plus, and I still can't get into any of MM's beta's, lol. It's painful!

What blows me away is that there isn't a single 1st Party beta that I haven't been in...besides the LBP ones.

Warhawk
Killzone 2
Killzone 2
Resistance 2
Dead Nation
MAG
ModNation Racers
Fat Princess
SOCOM: Confrontation

All of those, many before Qore or Plus, and I still can't get into any of MM's beta's, lol. It's painful!

odd, I get into a few but not as many as I'd like lol...did you make many levels in LBP? I don't know if it's just luck or what, I did get plat on the game and uploaded around 7 levels as well as 1 tutorial on how to make rain, however I never got big numbers of hits so I doubt it has much to do with it (I was on LBP1 beta though)

Well, I finally got a Code!

...and it doesn't work :(

The good news is, Tom from MM already posted on GAF to tell us all that they're quickly on their way to fixing the problem. VERY excited.

Now I'll be able to continue my ever lasting debate with Shifty about how fantastic the LBP platforming is, and how he's lost his mind, hahahaha.

(j/j Shifty :p).

Well, I finally got a Code!

...and it doesn't work :(

The good news is, Tom from MM already posted on GAF to tell us all that they're quickly on their way to fixing the problem. VERY excited.

Now I'll be able to continue my ever lasting debate with Shifty about how fantastic the LBP platforming is, and how he's lost his mind, hahahaha.

(j/j Shifty :p).

good to hear you got a code mate :)

(ps I agree about shifty ;))

iWaggle reviews SackBoy's Prehistoric Move:

It's a game where a DS3 user can game with a Move user.

Also shows off his own LBP level.

Quite nice, its insane how flexible the game will be.
[gt]708444[/gt]

Juts had a weird idea, given that theres no (official) way to create "homebrew" on the PS3, LBP2 could be used as a kind of Appstore.
Sell the base "engine" real cheap (10-20€) to ensure a huge installed base for the ensuring "market", sell MMs own levels as addon (the remaining 40€). Then find a way to reward good levels, selling user-created content will be complicated, but some kind of shareware or donation model could work well.
Authors wont get rich, but it surely would be an incentive.

Has this been posted here? A very nice interview with a guy who was a construction worker and got a job as level designer in LBP2 as h made awesome levels. Also shows his level in LBP2, the "Blast Radius" which is a twin stick shooter like stardust HD. Aslo, he tells of LBP.me and facebook integration and how you can que levels from your browser to play when you turn on the ps3 ! Phew ! Thats quite a lot and quite quite amazing ! :cool:

Earlier I had lamented the lack of decent analogue signal processing in LBP2. It turns out it actually has a quite robust analogue computing component, but not at all documented and with some quite bizarre quirks. For anyone interested, this is the first of 4 current articles at LBPCentral. The lack of proper signal combining is a pain in the butt, but it can be done should anyone want to wrestle with it!

Back