[PS3] LittleBigPlanet 2

Something you can also do is... imagine you’ve got some friends ‘round and someone is playing LittleBigPlanet 2 and someone else is browsing levels on their phone or PC, you can find a level and directly launch it from the PC or phone. You find a level on the web browser, say “That level looks cool, let’s play that,” click on it and it instantly launches on the PS3.
It’s a nice little feature. So you can have your friend acting as a sort of content monkey... find me good stuff... more, more more!

Crazy! And a very neat idea.

I guess this explains why LBP was so poorly supported after launch (unfinished features, poor GUI / network performance, lack of new MM content beyond stickers and costumes, etc.) Hopefully they do better this time around and complete the game first instead of focusing on LBP3.

I guess this explains why LBP was so poorly supported after launch (unfinished features, poor GUI / network performance, lack of new MM content beyond stickers and costumes, etc.) Hopefully they do better this time around and complete the game first instead of focusing on LBP3.

I can't tell if you're joking or if you're actually serious. :???:

This is fantastic news. The seemingly popular notion that MM would never do a follow up didn't sit well with me.

I'll be honest though. I didn't ever publish a level. Loved the SP - principally because of the aesthetic - but whilst I messed around with the create tools, being the sort that loves structure, it was too open for me! I couldn't even began to formulate a "level".

Gosh, LBP2 will be like that but even more so. Thankfully there are people like Quaz51 about.

Yes, they have frequent MM sticker and costume DLCs (monthly ?).

They also released 3 large DLCs (Metal Gear, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the addition of water !).

They launched the community website after launch too, not to mention competitions to reward creators. ^_^

IMHO, the most amazing addition are Quaz51's beta calculator and the 15-square puzzle. Those blew my mind.

The game can come with great built-in but open-ended levels. :)

More importantly, creation is an integral part of the game. What you probably meant is: The appeal to people who are not into creation is limited. But it is gaming nonetheless. An added dimension to gaming.

For the masses, like my kid, the cuteness and presentation sold the game.

I created one level in LBP....still loved it. The gameplay was huge. And with LBP2 not being about platforming - but about RPGs, Shooters, Racers, arcade games...etc. etc. there is MORE gameplay in this game than there will be in ANY other game released this year.

The best part was the Sackboy Invaders, but the music is once again killing me.

The game seems to be carving out its devoted fan base, but I'm not sure how far that can be extended. Maybe the new possibilities will offer different gameplay, not just platforming that can be annoying for those with bad timing for the jumps and such...

As is said - it's not just platforming now. It's about creating any genre you can think of - they even say "new genres". So LBP=one genre. LBP2=all genres =)

According to deepbrown's post:
They have to support the old floaty control, plus whatever new ones MM comes up with.
It seems MM still prefers floaty control though. Even the movement of the cars in the Super Cars clone isn't very precise. Like if the cars moved on bezier curves. Don't know how else to explain it.

It's one of the prototypes they built to test their tools. I don't know if we can draw any conclusion about their preferences. At this stage, I'd say they should continue to experiment.

Apparently creators can't really change the physics (to make Sackboy jump higher, for example), because that would fudge up older levels, but they can get around this by using Sackbots, custom suits Sackboy can hop into (or control externally) that can have different properties than Sackboy himself

Apparently creators can't really change the physics (to make Sackboy jump higher, for example), because that would fudge up older levels, but they can get around this by using Sackbots, custom suits Sackboy can hop into (or control externally) that can have different properties than Sackboy himself
Check out bottom-right;

2liealk.png

Do you think they have implemented MLAA in this game?
The screenshots look very smooth and clean.

My hope is that we don't have to share 1 screen with 4 players online (or have they fixed that with a patch already?).

Give me some unfinished features please.

I assume by GUI you mean the level browsing? Because everything else was flawless.

Network performance: Did you only play the game once at launch and then never touch it again?

MM Content: They released two great level packs, tons and tons of stickers and costumes, music, and two pretty big game changers (Paintinator and Water). Why would they have to invest time working on levels when they could rely on the community to fill that void for free?

The hype sure is building up ey, I'm not traditionally into a cartoony styled game but I might look into this one for its level creation. Just might get LBP 1 to see what I might expect.

Back