Gears of War 3: Brofisting to the End

I have to agree that some of those co-op scenes were damn annoying. The way we dealt with some of those damn annoying moments was to take turns playing on Insane/Novice or Novice/Insane. Unlike the MW2 SpecOps, it didn't require both to play on Insane at the same time. We only did that after hours of attempts at some parts. Way too many of those "alright, we've got it now [SPLAT] F!@#$ damn, time to do it all over again"

The Sat-Defense in single player absolutely sucked. Damn stupid Dom. :( I had the same issues in Gears 1 with Dom and the Bezerkers. He'd always get his ass splattered. At least in Gears 2, they would revive you if you were unfortunately downed.

especially with 4 player co-op.

WANT! NEED! :love:

I wouldn't mind piloting a Brumak again though I wonder what the kill count will be for Seriously 3.0. :D I know I spread out Seriously 2.0 over a few months, but you and xxarth... within a single month... D: Turning off the sound seemed like a good idea after the first few times. Dun-anuh Dun-anahnahnah... Liked the music but...Seriously.

Seriously, piloting the Brumak was fun. Seriously, don't even get me thinking about WTF the Seriously 3.0 will even be. It would rock if it was something like melee X,XXX,XXX tickers! Seriously! Hitting Seriously 2.0 wasn't that bad, even doing it within a month, perhaps 2.5 weeks. Picture in Picture, multi-tasking, and muscle memory FTW!

I really hope the campaign is more like Gears 1's this time...Gears 1 was intense, with walk, fire, and fire
Whereas Gears 2 was slow, with walk, fire, and story

EDIT: Next time I will get the numbers right from the beginning:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the campaign in Gears 2 was definitely better than Halo 3's, and probably better than MW2's as well so I don't think it was all that bad.

The environments were certainly gorgeous and there was a great deal of variety.

Lots more Gears 3 info here:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=245364

The Lambent look scary, Epic's artists are the best, would love to see their interpretation of a Halo game

Last edited by a moderator:
I say bring on the mechs! So long as they control well, that is.

I've been expecting Epic to sort of combine the UT and Gears universes. I wonder if G3 is headed that direction?

I have to agree that some of those co-op scenes were damn annoying. The way we dealt with some of those damn annoying moments was to take turns playing on Insane/Novice or Novice/Insane. Unlike the MW2 SpecOps, it didn't require both to play on Insane at the same time. We only did that after hours of attempts at some parts. Way too many of those "alright, we've got it now [SPLAT] F!@#$ damn, time to do it all over again"

Aye... after awhile I had to knock myself down in difficulty. It just got tedious. I didn't mind since I had passed the game before on insanity (basically just getting the achievements with my friend), but it just seems a cop-out to replay with a pal on a different difficulty!

IIRC, it seemed easier solo too. Too much patience. -_-

The Sat-Defense in single player absolutely sucked. Damn stupid Dom. I had the same issues in Gears 1 with Dom and the Bezerkers. He'd always get his ass splattered. At least in Gears 2, they would revive you if you were unfortunately downed.
Tell me about it. -_- Still, the last Berzerker fight was pretty great, making her run off the platform. ^_^

I just hope they're getting enough dev time to get through these design issues. It does seem quite a bit more work than the Halo games where the co-op players are basically stormtrooper clones instead of actual story characters that Epic seems to be hinting at. (Lemme guess, another page taken from Halo 2 and we take control of a locust general who doesn't quite agree with the Queen's stance on human-locust relations. >_> The [strike]Flood[/strike] lambent are the bigger problem )

It will be interesting to see what more lag issues crop up. hehe doh....

WANT! NEED! :love:
I think a certain lady friend wouldn't mind joining in on 4 player gears. ;)

Seriously, piloting the Brumak was fun. Seriously, don't even get me thinking about WTF the Seriously 3.0 will even be. It would rock if it was something like melee X,XXX,XXX tickers! Seriously! Hitting Seriously 2.0 wasn't that bad, even doing it within a month, perhaps 2.5 weeks. Picture in Picture, multi-tasking, and muscle memory FTW!
Seriously?

Why so srs :p It's only restarting the brumak mission about a gajillion times after rocketing the inital couple groups of locust. >_>

<_<

I was only looking through the forums while doing all that anyway.

>_>
<_<

~75-100 kills per minute including the reload time with the game installed.
to be fair, I only started doing this shortly after I hit 10,000 kills.
I know, I desperately needed a new game during those months besides Rock Band

I say bring on the mechs! So long as they control well, that is.

I've been expecting Epic to sort of combine the UT and Gears universes. I wonder if G3 is headed that direction?

I've been expecting decent vehicle controls since UT 2004 was announced. :| They all feel like aluminum shells filled with hydrogen. Just copy Bungie! :p

Who knows, Sera is just some planet, afterall. :)

It does have a least a couple more giant worms left. :p At least, according to the notes and other bits of info spread throughout Gears 2. (Riding worms ala Dune in Gears 3? >_> The Imulsion liquid is clearly their highly energetic piss)

A few months ago this guy got pretty famous in Brazil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rDyGtiMPlk

In this video he teaches how can you exercise in your own home to be as big as he is XD

Maybe they all worked out so much in between 2 and 3 that the old armour was too small to wear. The arms do look about as big as their old arms in armour. :3

Times are apparently pretty rough post-sinking of Jacinto. No more power armour, so all manual labour! ;) Question is... wtf do they eat. :3
They have a boat farm in one the scans.

Gears 3 will be like Wind Waker, only that eventually locusts will come out and try to still your vegetables and you have to stop them by playing some nonsense minigames :p

Ok, obviously kidding, but the boat farm part is true :p

A few months ago this guy got pretty famous in Brazil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rDyGtiMPlk

In this video he teaches how can you exercise in your own home to be as big as he is XD

They have a boat farm in one the scans.

Gears 3 will be like Wind Waker, only that eventually locusts will come out and try to still your vegetables and you have to stop them by playing some nonsense minigames :p

Ok, obviously kidding, but the boat farm part is true :p

Dam those traps are scary as hell.
And btw new reason that they used steroids on previous raids the locust destroyed the engine so they now all have to row the big ship.

well the EPIC BULLSHOTS have finally arrived
I dont understand how on earth is this company getting away by releasing those Bullshots
Wrong thread. This is a discussion about the game Gears of War 3, and not about game marketing methods.

I like the look and feel of that carrier at least from the concept art. let's hope they can portray a full scale battle on the carrier against mammoth scale marine mutants, or a three way battle between the carrier, the mutants and the aquatic version of rift worm. I doubt it'll be this epic though.

Hmm i saw the newest scans(GI) and though it looks like an upgrade from Gears 2 it looks like all those shoots differ from this one
vik5g6.jpg

And that one in particular looked good IMO...those new shoots seem to me like the same ol same UE3,bit plastic and all while the one i posted looks very uncharted 2 like...Guess will have to wait till E3,they still have the whole year in front of them.

Yikes, Marcus has arms thicker then my thighs...

I wonder if that building is going to be interactive, as in, you can enter, go up and come out to the bridge. Gears has a lot of nice environmental detail in the backgrounds, that you can never reach...

Yikes, Marcus has arms thicker then my thighs...

I wonder if that building is going to be interactive, as in, you can enter, go up and come out to the bridge. Gears has a lot of nice environmental detail in the backgrounds, that you can never reach...

Yea i agree...but than again maybe Cliffy thought he has to buff his arms a bit since those new added shotguns look quite heavy :D

Back