Anyone having problems shopping from PSN today?

Grall

Invisible Member
Legend
I'm getting a "The credit card information on file is not valid." error message, despite not having changed anything since last using it. I even re-entered all the relevant information again just to make sure, and no change.

It's been like this for like, an hour now at least... And yes, there's funds and everything in my bank account (it's actually a direct debit card, heh.) The bank can't see anything wrong with my card either, so it might be PSN's VISA service provider or something that's having a bad day... Who the eff can say for sure? It's so opaque all this, there's no real way of telling who's responsible for what anymore or how to get hold of anyone who can say.

I suppose the next step, if this doesn't fix itself by the end of the day, is to shoot off an email to Sony support or somesuch...

Today it still won't work. Now I get a:

"An error occurred.
(80023102)"

That's all it says. :mad:

Today it still won't work. Now I get a:

"An error occurred.
(80023102)"

That's all it says. :mad:

It's happening to everyone. I've tried to get the MW2 maps and no dice. Seems their servers cannot handle the load. Will try tomorrow at 7:00 AM when I wake up to see if I get lucky.

Follow the Playstation Blog's EU Twitter, which you can see that they're working hard to solve problems here.

Thanks for the infos guys. :)

Btw, I have to check facken twitter now to know there's problems with PSN? :LOL: Can't they just put up a notice when I start my console...? Guess that'd be too simple.

Btw, I have to check facken twitter now to know there's problems with PSN? :LOL: Can't they just put up a notice when I start my console...? Guess that'd be too simple.

Beats me. Instead they prefer to have the genious scrolling ticker top right with valued information like "girlz play too!". :rolleyes:

Beats me. Instead they prefer to have the genious scrolling ticker top right with valued information like "girlz play too!". :rolleyes:

Actually that ticker isn't there in Europe.

Problem seems to be solved now. Wow, only took like 4 days... Real professional work there, Sony.

Problem seems to be solved now. Wow, only took like 4 days... Real professional work there, Sony.

Apparently the same thing happened when the first COD:WAW map pack was released, so it's not like it was completely unexpected.

If it's happened once before I would have expected them to take steps to ensure there isn't a re-occurrence of the disruption of service. After all, if people can't access the store then that is money lost for them.

Shows incompetence on their behalf.

Now I cant buy again either. It tells me that my credit account details are not valid, but they are the same I always used and my account management accepts it

Whats going on???

Overdrawn? I use a pre-paid entropay card on my account, it gives me a 'details are not valid' message when there's not enough cash to cover a payment.

I actually just wasted, I think 9.99 USD, on Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe, without realizing it's the PSP version, to make sure my creditcard still works on the US account. It still does and I'm stuck with a game I really didn't want (well not the PSP version anyway)... sooo all is good here.. :)

Well, the creditcard problem has just hit me today when I wanted to buy the Final Fantasy IX from the US store - I get the "an error occured 80023102".

Googled a bit and it seems that error card can have many reasons... Tried restarting my PS3 but it doesn't help. Guess I might have to wait a few days, but I'm seriously annoyed by such an issue.

Read on some forum that in one particular case, the creditcard was (an Amazon one) was disabled on one of Sonys routine checks as it doesn't qualify as a "real creditcard". Well, I have what should qualify as a real creditcard (from my bank) and it doesn't work.

Anyone else having trouble? Any advice on how to proceed?

For the record - this seems to only apply to the US store in my case. Just bought something off the "local PSN store" and that one worked. :S

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still getting the same problem. The message has changed to "an error occured 80023102" as well now.

Back