TechReport Ads or Hijacked ?

V3

Veteran
Do B3D allows TechReport Ads or did Tech Report just hijacked my browser/PC ? Anyway the adspace of B3D is loading and linking TechReport site like a small frame. I took some screens if anyone wanna see. I scanned for malware and virus but comes empty. I just find it very odd. I did visit them recently, but not in the last two days. What's going on here ?

Looks like a TechReport design change. B3D is deliberately trying to load a "page" from TR into an iframe. However, that returns an error, so what we see in the adspace is the top left 728x90px of the TR 404 page.

Beyond3D uses The Tech Report's ad-server and hosting provider. Unfortunately, TR had to do a sudden and unexpected ad-server upgrade last week. You can read some of the details here.

Rys has the new ad-server code, but I suspect he's just busy and hasn't had time to implement it on the site yet.

Yeah, that's just me lagging behind. I'll get it fixed asap.

Heh, actually, right now I can navigate the first three categories on the side "ads"; having a mobile edition of techreport embedded on the site would be nifty. :p

These should be fixed now thanks to Inkling, let us know if anything weird shows up.

Is there something wrong with this ad? It won't load and the pages take forever to load. Using IE8 and the newest drivers from ATI.

Yea, I think the ads are funky again. My browser says it's waiting for www,techreport,blahblahblah (long url) down in the status bar, and then there's a "web page cannot be displayed" error message up in the ad frame.

The adds don't load here properly either. However, in Chrome it's not so big of a bother, as it seems to be multi-threading its way out of this problem by not waiting on the add and just loading everything in as normal at a swift pace, with the add time-outing in the background.

They should be working again, and were down on TR's site as well from what I could tell. Glitch in their ad server matrix.

Ads funky again! :) They don't show up at all, they just time out after a while displaying a "webpage cannot be displayed" type of error...

Ads broken again. It's like, every other day this happens... What's going on here?

Ads broken again. It's like, every other day this happens... What's going on here?
There's a known set of issues with the current ad serving system at TR, and they're working to alleviate those. They've let me know that changes are incoming to fix everything, so stay tuned.

The ads are now hosted at OpenX (still run by TR), rather than on TR's network, which should alleviate all of the performance issues seen recently. Let me know if they stall page loads still.

Back