Fullscreen-SG/RGSSAA with Fermi via TRSSAA (OGL, D3D10/11)?

The "2x/4x/8x (supersample)" option in the transparency antialiasing setting?

Yes

OGSSAA works, sure. But only in DX9 and below. That is why this new thing is so interesting. Normally, the anti-aliasing setting demanded by the game cannot be changed in DX10 and above applications.

I didn't say otherwise. I just said the "old way" still works.

Just so I don't have to open up another thread, does AA in any form (other than OGSS and EDAA) work with Wolfenstein?

That game's otherwise beautiful graphics were ruined by no AA when I played the demo. I forgot what API it used though.

I'm guessing this is simply forcing all pixel shaders to be run at "sample frequency" in DX10+, something which is relatively easy to do (even for the shader author). I'd still prefer that ISVs simply exposed similar options in their games where it makes sense (again, the naive implementation of this isn't gonna interact properly with deferred shading or similar techniques unless they are being extra clever about it), but I suppose there's value for old games that support MSAA only.

Just so I don't have to open up another thread, does AA in any form (other than OGSS and EDAA) work with Wolfenstein?

That game's otherwise beautiful graphics were ruined by no AA when I played the demo. I forgot what API it used though.

Sadly, no, this still is one tough road to take, but I'll try my luck with the downsampling tool.
But I rather have the more elegant, (but with better IQ then MSAA) way's off AA when possible, then the brute force attack, but when verything fails or when the perf. room is enough, SSAA for the win.

The new TSAA modes could us a bit extra negative LOD though.(which I again cann't control in dx10 and 11 grrr.

This sounds very nice for getting the perfect balance for edge and surface quality.

Has anyone tested if this works in CSAA modes?
Perhaps something like 2xSS, 2xMS and 12xCS in the 16xCSAA mode. ;)

This sounds very nice for getting the perfect balance for edge and surface quality.

Has anyone tested if this works in CSAA modes?
Perhaps something like 2xSS, 2xMS and 12xCS in the 16xCSAA mode. ;)

That's not how it works as I understand it.

If you select 4xMSAA and enable transparency supersampling in the NVCP you get 4xRGSSAA. Perhaps if you select 16xCSAA you would get 4xSSAA + 12 more coverage samples. But it would never work as you described, unfortunately.

It's possible to adjust LOD bias with nHancer.

I briefly tried this tool with Crysis in DX10 mode and it didn't do anything.

I want something like this for ATI 4xxx/5xxx for DX9-DX11. If I can play ME1/ME2 with SSAA then I will get wood. I'll chrome my left hand to. Else this is the kind of stuff that attracts me, extra software features so therefore I hope ATI shapes it up becouse otherwise I am going all green for next round.

Isn't ME DX9? If so, you could have played it with SSAA on HD5xx0 from the start.

That's not how it works as I understand it.

If you select 4xMSAA and enable transparency supersampling in the NVCP you get 4xRGSSAA. Perhaps if you select 16xCSAA you would get 4xSSAA + 12 more coverage samples. But it would never work as you described, unfortunately.
Got my card a while back and did some testing.
You can choose the amount of supersamples with the SSAA tool, so I can choose the amount of SS and MS samples. :)

Got my card a while back and did some testing.
You can choose the amount of supersamples with the SSAA tool, so I can choose the amount of SS and MS samples. :)

I was referring to the nvcp glitch that led to the release of the new SSAA tool. My 5 minute experiment with it on Crysis DX10 mode failed but I didn't do any troubleshooting. I'm not even really sure it's supposed to work on my GTX260...

I was referring to the nvcp glitch that led to the release of the new SSAA tool. My 5 minute experiment with it on Crysis DX10 mode failed but I didn't do any troubleshooting. I'm not even really sure it's supposed to work on my GTX260...

Pcgamehardware:

Owners of a Geforce card from between the 8800 GTX and the GTX 295 can also use the new SGSSAA, too, but only under DX 9 or older versions of DirectX. Our test revealed that neither Crysis Warhead (DX10) nor Just Cause 2 (DX10) are smoothed with SSAA.
I tried using it on my 285 sli setup and it only works in DX9 and older DirectX games. I find the best performance balance is with 2xssaa and 4xmsaa. If I go above 2xssaa most games will run at 25fps.

I just played CODMW2 and this tool is amazing. It got rid of the high contrast shader jaggies even with 2xssaa and 4xmsaa. I wonder what 8xssaa and 8xmsaa would look like. I guess its time to invest in a 480sli setup.:cool:

I just played CODMW2 and this tool is amazing. It got rid of the high contrast shader jaggies even with 2xssaa and 4xmsaa. I wonder what 8xssaa and 8xmsaa would look like. I guess its time to invest in a 480sli setup.:cool:
It's IMHO not the tool that is amazing but the technology it (re-*) enables. I hope that AMD is extending it's SGSSAA-support to DX10/11 too.

*Sparse Grid Supersampling was introduced into the consumer market a decade ago with 3dfx' VSA-100 chips. So it's actually not that you should praise Nv/AMD but ask why they only offered it from end of 2009/mid 2010 again.

Back