Gears of War 3

even if the graphics are much like gears 2, i know i will like it, that's just i was more impressed by the gears 2 reveal trailer than this one. The first gears 2 trailer was long and full gameplay though. But i'm sure they won't disappoint me.

I really liked that trailer. Right up there with Mad World for me. It had the same "no hope" theme from the first Gears, especially the way it ended with them fighting it out while being overwhelmed.

4player co-op will be awesome as will Horde.

If they're doing 4 player co-op then there must be quite a few more enemies on screen, and some larger environments. Playing through Gears 2 with 4 people would seem crowded.

even if the graphics are much like gears 2, i know i will like it, that's just i was more impressed by the gears 2 reveal trailer than this one.

They might be going for scale or something like that, model and texture detail has already been good enough for 720p resolution so no need to work on that front. 4-player coop suggests a substantial increase in enemy numbers...

Another approach they could take is a 4player with split pathing.

Meet up to fight through an area, then split up to get through a few zones. Meet up and so on.

That would be more fun than just 4 people running around in the same area.

The only thing I want in Gears 2 is the Dark Goth look of Gears 1.The maps/levels in Gears 2 were just too bright to be actually called Gears out of the 27 or so maps in Multiplayer only one map actually had some dark look (Stasis), while majority of them were set in daytimes. Even the night time maps/levels looked overly bright....its kind of thing you get when you run Gears 1 on PC & turn down the graphics setting to low, everything becomes bright.

The only thing I want in Gears3: cut back the stopping power of the Lancer in MP...that I can run and gun again with my ShotGun!

Oh, and please, no more rail shooting/riding/driving passages in SP mode!!

EDIT: And if possible, please give me a SP end boss fight!

Another approach they could take is a 4player with split pathing.

Meet up to fight through an area, then split up to get through a few zones. Meet up and so on.

That would be more fun than just 4 people running around in the same area.

It seems that the first game your squad was a 4 man team through most of it. And there were parts in gears 2 where it was 4 or 5 man squads. So maybe players 3/4 play as Braid/Cole.. (I have not read the press releases yet)....if so I am calling dibs on Cole....its the Cole train baby :p

The only thing I want in Gears3: cut back the stopping power of the Lancer in MP...that I can run and gun again with my ShotGun!
The Scorcher flamethrower got totally ridiculous amount of Stopping power after Tittle Update 2. I am absolutely no fan of Stopping power in this game. I think they should just have a "minor" amount of stopping power for Lancer & Hammerburst...and that too only when you hit someone's front side of torso, so that the people who use these guns don't get Rhino-ed by shotgun players. Cause its stupid to not be able to dodge or run even when you get shot by few bullets that came from your left/right or back side.

As for the game itself..well I'll play the Multiplayer as Anya..there's something about playing as the opposite sex :p

Yay for Indirec tLighting.
Its amazing to see Epic add so much to a single engine running on the same hardware over the time !

And looks like they'll do away with the crap region filter they brought into practice after TU2, which made unable for people from countries with small userbase like India,singapore or as Cliff mentions Newzeland...unable to search any matches unless they search matches with a full party.

Back