Gears of War 3

it was clearly done with the game engine, it may be prerecorded like were some GoW2 cutscenes, but it is not CGI for sure, see aliasing and lowres shadows.

Actually its not cgi.

The hair's looking very good then...

Edit: Scrap that, looked at a screen grab of the girls hair - it's not quite as good as FFXIII's hair.

et7ec9.jpg

30bppj7.jpg

Man i hope the spider swarm type enemys are not a big pary of the game, in every game thats had that sort of enemy its always anoying as hell. All the ash people seemed a bit cheesey. . Good trailer though. Its Gears 3 didnt even need a trailer!

Yea its a new type of enemy so you have 3 factions fighting eachother. They look to be more strange alien than the more humanoid Locusts.

I like the idea of a new threat, this could bring unpredictability and fresh things up a bit. Seems the game is back to the dark atmosphere of the first Gears which is kinda welcoming.

The Cog girl is Anya confirmed by Cliff B. Yeah it's either the lighting condition or her hair that's making her look "man like". TBH she looked like a reskinned character model from UT3.

Oh wow that looked awesome. Loved the new Dom and Marcus and the new additions.

EDIT

Thanks for that. Lot of good info here. Takes place 18 months after Gears 2. No one has seen the locust in a while and the main enemy at first is the lambent. Looks like the rest of the people, cog and whatnot, are all in disarray. And a new writer (one who wrote the two Gears books). Can't wait to hear more.

EDIT2

And "At some point in the campaign, you're not going to be Marcus and Dom. You're going to be another squad, and you're going to experience their section, and you'll see some overlap and they'll merge Pulp Fiction style, which is one of the ways were playing with the stories this time."

Wonder how that'll work out.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would have liked some graphic enhancements. Well, it's still gears of war, i'll buy it anyway.
Looks like there's SSS on the human skin, textures on the Locust appear more detailed, and the new checklist feature for UE3 appears to be hair. I can't say I'm too thrilled with how they're using the hair, but the artists have a year to refine the models and style their coifs.

Back