Gears of War 3

RobertR1

Pro
Legend
You knew it was coming and now you know when. April 2011. THere are leaked scans out already and Clifford is doing an appearance Monday night to make it public.

Co op Campaign + hodre = day 1

Scans? Are you thinking of Bulletstorm?

I'm not hearing of any Gears scans...just Bulletstorm scans today.

Anyway, to me Gears is probably my defining series for this generation, so this is huge. I will say the UE3 is looking a bit aged in the latest jungle-ish pics Epic served up at GDC.

One of my most favorite franchise this gen so it's a day one for sure. Though I hope Gears 3 would come to PS3 at some stage as my 360's DVD ROM isn't too happy atm.

Pretty sure Gears IP is Microsoft owned lock stock and barrel.

Installing will help your DVD drive if you have the space.

^Epic owns teh rights to Gears of War.
They said they can do whatever they want to do with the franchise.

Link?

Actually I dont think it's fair to say MS owns the IP, but I'm guessing they own at least part 3 lock stock and barrel, I'd guess might well have options on say the next 3, or something like that.

I'm sure MS doesn't want to lose the IP and made sure to take care of it with some $.

It's very possible considering the game would have been in development for over a year and half now. I kind of curious to see what Epic has achieved with Gears 3 considering its supposed to have the new shadowing, lighting, foliage and animation systems that they have added to the engine since the release of Gears 2.

Its been updated and confirmed that there will be footage. Cool.

Back