People who steal CCs should burn

Acert93

Artist formerly known as Acert93
Legend
I am venting here... I had my CC stolen a couple months back. We don't carry a balance (pay it off every month) and it is more of a convenience issue. Anyhow, the card got locked down because someone in Hungry was buying stuff on it.

Big pain, but got fixed up quick enough, so I thought.

We don't have a lot on it but one biggie is a handful of domain names. I had gone and thought I updated them. Well well well to my surprise as I went to go work on one it had expired. And I had JUST checked a couple months back. I guess the issue is with Godaddy that I needed to update CC info on EVERY domain. So now I lost 1 domain I paid $500 years ago for plus they want over $300 to restore 3 others.

It really is all my fault that I didn't ensure all the records were properly consolidated after we moved last year and that when the CC was stolen I didn't double and triple check to ensure all of them were updated. My excuse is I have been waaaay too busy, but still my fault. If it was important to me I would have made sure it was done and done right. Grrrr :devilish:

That said the idiot buying crap off of DirectDrive with my old CC info ... sigh, I am so mad it isn't even funny. The worst part was the domain I lost had a special purpose and a guy who has been pestering me for a long time about buying it (no is no dude) snatched it up for unsavory purposes. This is why I KNEW it was on autorenew and not due because I checked it back at the beginning of the year. Which just happened to be the time my CC was stolen. :devilish:

Now excuse me while I go and break something. Preferably something of my own because this is my fault anyhow.

I feel your pain, or I would if I didnt have some great new DirectDrive games keeping me occupied
anyway must dash need to pick up some Goulash.

Sorry to hear that. I've always been extremely paranoid about CCs and online banking and so far have been lucky, but I feel for you. Hope the bastard who did it gets caught.

anyway must dash need to pick up some Goulash.
Made from freshly squeezed ghouls, no doubt!

Anyway, sorry to hear about your CC troubles, Josh. Is there no recourse for you - legal or otherwise - to regain control of your lost domains? It seems domain name registration is still somewhat of a 'wild west' territiory, where tricks and outright scams are still viable methods to get hold of a domain.

Something ought to be done about that.

Went to Vegas for a business trip a couple of years ago and whilst I was there I got a call from the bank stating my credit card had been used in India to buy a plane fare. I'd only used by card once while I was there, but too much of a coincidence to not assume the numbers had been grabbed there.

When I was 18 I got a call confirming charges on my credit card. It was about 8 grand in Vegas. I told them I have never been to vegas (true up until i was 22) and that I was here in New Jersey and I used that credit card 3 times while I was here sometimes within a few minutes of the charges in Vegas. So after like a month of my complaining and my lawyer friend sending letters they reversed the charges.

Right now I keep 2 credit cards and thats it. It makes it alot easier to keep track of everything and I have them alert me by text everytime something is charged.

For all the fees you pay and the money they make on interest to people over charging you'd think they'd be able to secure credit cards.

Back