Intresting Nintendo Patent (Not Sure What To Make Of It)

The new DS with the 3D display capabilities?

edit: correction it is Wii related.

I think what they are trying to do is not something that is necessarily 3D in the sense of displaying depth but the screen may be manipulated in a way so that when you change angle the image will be manipulaqted so that you wont be seeing flat imagery if you dont stand directly in front of the screen. A flat square for example will continue look like a square instead of a rectangle or rhombus if you start moving sideways of the TV,

Thats what I got out of it but I am not sure and I dont know if there is a real usage for that,

The new DS with the 3D display capabilities?

edit: correction it is Wii related.

I think what they are trying to do is not something that is necessarily 3D in the sense of displaying depth but the screen may be manipulated in a way so that when you change angle the image will be manipulaqted so that you wont be seeing flat imagery if you dont stand directly in front of the screen. A flat square for example will continue look like a square instead of a rectangle or rhombus if you start moving sideways of the TV,

Thats what I got out of it but I am not sure and I dont know if there is a real usage for that,

i think it might be kinda like that 3d (uses camera) DSi game,except using the wii controller/motion + addon

<.< im just guessing here don't quote me on it,i am in no way an expert on anything like this >.>

Basically what Johnny Lee demoed back in December 2007, some 7 months before this patent was filed?

Tommy McClain

Back