Portal 2: let's bake some cake boys!

Onto chapter 6. The script really is absolutely fantastic, and delivered with aplomb. I like the game, didn't know what I was buying to be honest as I never got the 1st. But was worth a playthrough just to experience the V/O's.

I just had a non-gamer play Portal 2 co-op with me. All he had to do was press a few buttons, or so I thought. Just walking around using a controller proved too much. :cry:

Luckily I still managed to figure out a way around it using both controllers myself. So far I've finish the first 2 series of tests by myself. It's getting annoying waiting for PSN to get back up. :devilish:

Just want to add the game length is suprising me after what people were saying about completing in a few sittings. I think i've got my moneys worth, still playing but near the end i fancy. Very enjoyable. Doesn't have much replayability as a single player experience, though naturally im waiting for PSN to rise from the ashes so i can divulge in some co-op action....if anyone's up for it?

Just want to add the game length is suprising me after what people were saying about completing in a few sittings. I think i've got my moneys worth, still playing but near the end i fancy. Very enjoyable. Doesn't have much replayability as a single player experience, though naturally im waiting for PSN to rise from the ashes so i can divulge in some co-op action....if anyone's up for it?
I think I played it through in about 8-10 hours.
None of the puzzles were too hard, at least when I finally solved the harder ones, they seemed so obvious :) There were a couple that I needed to sleep over, and after that the solution was clear!
Often times a solution that seemed correct to me led nowhere even though I kept trying being sure I'd finally make it if I just get the timing of a jump right or place that portal in exact right place... well, the game really doesn't require pixel perfect jumps or exact positioning of portals ;)

I like that kind of puzzles requiring more lateral thinking than quick reflexes, never was the game frustrating and always fun.

Definitely one of my top10 all time favourite games (hm, it's getting crowded there)

I just had a non-gamer play Portal 2 co-op with me. All he had to do was press a few buttons, or so I thought. Just walking around using a controller proved too much. :cry:

Luckily I still managed to figure out a way around it using both controllers myself. So far I've finish the first 2 series of tests by myself. It's getting annoying waiting for PSN to get back up. :devilish:
That's a good tip! I might play the co-op with myself too, as I'm not that fond of playing with complete strangers (online fps's have traumatized me, I always get my ass beaten in them and feel inadequate in online games generally as a result of that).

That's a good tip! I might play the co-op with myself too, as I'm not that fond of playing with complete strangers (online fps's have traumatized me, I always get my ass beaten in them and feel inadequate in online games generally as a result of that).

I just got through the 3rd series of tests. Like the SP it relies a lot more on good thinking instead of quick reflexes or careful timing. I can image this game becoming quite frustrating if your playing with someone who doesn't quite get it.

:mad: ****ing ***holes at Valve. Last series of tests, the second to last test, cannot be completed without another player. Can't complete a series of tests, can't save your progress. Now I have to do all those crappy tests all over again.

I just got through the 3rd series of tests. Like the SP it relies a lot more on good thinking instead of quick reflexes or careful timing. I can image this game becoming quite frustrating if your playing with someone who doesn't quite get it.

This would be a good forum to organize gaming sessions for co-op play...

Finished it. Very enjoyable. Quite tremendous last few hours. Quite a few curve balls thrown into the mix aswell which I didn't expect. So from not having any interest in this, to finishing is rather rewarding.

Got it for essentially 24.99 from Amazon. Cant beat that!

Amazon was matching (beating?) the various stores that had it on sale this week, so it was 34.99. I put it in my cart just to check shipping costs, and for some reason there was "$10 promotional credit" on my account, no idea why, maybe some past purchase bonus leftover. So that dropped it to 24.99. Amazon is pretty awesome. I did end up springing $5 for "standard" shipping, rather than waiting the 5-8 days for free super saver shipping, pushing it to ~30, but still. 24.99 no tax for a hot recent release is insane. Granted, in some sick manner I feel that as a puzzle game, that's a more reasonable price. Anyways, just wanted to brag. Hell I'm sure the Portal 2 trade in value at Amazon will remain above $25 for a while.

I read somewhere as a complaint, it's "not much longer than the original". True?

Hmm, a friend just dumped me an extra Portal 2 code!
Anyone on the PS3 willing to be a good samaritan to link my Steam account up with a dummy PSN?

You'll get something as a gesture. ;)

(PM me if you're nice. Which I know most of you are. :D)

I wouldn't put it out there if Steam Guard didn't explicitly mention that PC/Web access will be blocked (the PS3 linking supposedly works fine though)
And yeah, all my mates are either Portal 2 or PS3 owners. No rental shops here to speak of, too.

Back