Why Is The GameCube Canceled ?!

David G.

Newcomer
Hey ... I leave for just one week in the mountains with no internet on my mind and then the whole world changes ...

What's up with this ?

Why cancel it ? What will be the implications ?

Are they going to fade away just like other console manufacturers did ?

What about the software development for these platforms ?

It isn't cancelled.

Support is still full.

The hardware isn't being produced for a few months due to overstock.

There is no need for such alarm.

But what was that piece of new on the INQ about MS selling more of it's consoles next year because of the GameCube cancelation ?

I read in the inquirer that the world ended yesterday. I think they got confused by the international date line.

David G. said:
But what was that piece of new on the INQ about MS selling more of it's consoles next year because of the GameCube cancelation ?

...and this is why we don't trust the Inq here when discussing things, in general, unless there's some known backing to the article or an alternate source which agrees. Same with Spong.

I read a blurb somewhere about Nintendo believing the GC software was "overly complex" and that they wanted to steer it backwards in that respect, which they think will stimulate sales. I guess Mario is still very much a fond recollection for them...;) More complex than PS2 or xBox? I kind of doubt it. Perhaps Nintendo has it backwards...

They basically mentioned the Gamecube production halt (done until they can reduce stock), and mentioned what Microsoft "plans" to sell. How much actual selling will be done is anybody's guess. ;)

It's only a bad thing for Nintedo to do because of what others' perceptions will be because of it--and that everybody LOVES to overreact. What specifically will amount from this is anybody's guess. And it's not like Microsoft is without its own overstocking woes... Sky's still up there.

Back