Heavy Rain [PS3]

yes ,too bad ,since the body is the only thing there is to her (they replaced her really bad voice acting ,she's just body actress).

As for the plot holes, sadly, they are either just plain weakness in the story and characterisation, or worse , just a way to dishonestly mislead.

Hotter than Madison actually ! Somehow they didn't get her sexiness accross while capturing the finer details of her performances :LOL: !

Yeah this is true... it's funny cuz normally in gaming when a real life chick is modelled in a game the game version tends to look hotter (or maybe i got that the wrong way around).

I did think that Nariko from Heavenly Sword is hotter than Anna Torv (although Anna still makes me go weak in the knees). But then again i don't think Nariko was meant to look like Anna so i guess that's a bad example :p

Yeah this is true... it's funny cuz normally in gaming when a real life chick is modelled in a game the game version tends to look hotter (or maybe i got that the wrong way around).

I did think that Nariko from Heavenly Sword is hotter than Anna Torv (although Anna still makes me go weak in the knees). But then again i don't think Nariko was meant to look like Anna so i guess that's a bad example :p

Elena looks way sweeter, (and I am in love with her:love: :oops:), than her real counterpart !

and, me loves Nariko for the pain in her eyes ! I never felt so driven for a character in a game as I did in Heavenly Sword ! Her eyes just drew me in, and ............ I just wanted to set things right for her :D !
(I think Snake is the only game character I really care about. He isn't fiction, He is real to me ! But then we r discussing hot chicks here :smile:)

Elena looks way sweeter, (and I am in love with her:love: :oops:), than her real counterpart !

and, me loves Nariko for the pain in her eyes ! I never felt so driven for a character in a game as I did in Heavenly Sword ! Her eyes just drew me in, and ............ I just wanted to set things right for her :D !
(I think Snake is the only game character I really care about. He isn't fiction, He is real to me ! But then we r discussing hot chicks here :smile:)

Kojima killed snake for me when he turned him into a pensioner :devilish:

Lool, yeah Elena is definitely more attractive to me than her voice actress. ;-)

Kojima killed snake for me when he turned him into a pensioner :devilish:

Lool, yeah Elena is definitely more attractive to me than her voice actress. ;-)

He brought him back in Peace Walker:D ! Anyways, I liked the pensioner Snake too, but as a game, yes, the young Gun Snake games fare better ! Waiting for the PS3 remake of Peace Walker !
I never liked Chloe though, cos she never looked like this :
Claudia_Black.jpg

(Just so that I have something to say on topic :LOL: !)

Actually she is partly based on her (if Anna was a red headed asian she'd be Nariko). And certain things like her face texture are exactly identical if I remember correctly.

yes ,too bad ,since the body is the only thing there is to her (they replaced her really bad voice acting ,she's just body actress).

As for the plot holes, sadly, they are either just plain weakness in the story and characterisation, or worse , just a way to dishonestly mislead.

Come on, give her a break !

On a related note, Heavy Rain is more than QTEs and plot holes. ^_^
It managed to immerse and bring out some of the gamers' emotions. I didn't get that playing other games, except Demon's Souls.

And yes, the nightclub scene is a special service for us.

Come on, give her a break !
how ? she did'nt say a single line in HR ,and for good reason.But she's fine since she didn't have to talk.
Still ,the in-game model didn't do justice to the real one.She's way more skinnny and "bonesy",the in game model is an inflatable version :) .

how ? she did'nt say a single line in HR ,and for good reason.But she's fine since she didn't have to talk.
Still ,the in-game model didn't do justice to the real one.She's way more skinnny and "bonesy",the in game model is an inflatable version :) .

I don't know. Did you get to talk to her ? You are on the dev team right ?

The in-game model looks good btw. :p

Ah ! I remember visiting the set and post-production facilities in Australia when they were making Farscape.

I have not started LA Noire, how is it compared to Heavy Rain ?

Actually she is partly based on her (if Anna was a red headed asian she'd be Nariko). And certain things like her face texture are exactly identical if I remember correctly.
When I watch Fringe, I'm always reminded of Nariko by the subtle expressions of her actress. Even though the model isn't totally based on her likeness (I think they moved some "muscles" around to line up with the mocap dots on Anna's face), and she speaks differently because she is theatrically enunciating with an English accent, a bit of Nariko always comes through. I probably would have stopped watching Fringe long ago, were it not for my love of the cinematics in Heavenly Sword.

When I watch Fringe, I'm always reminded of Nariko by the subtle expressions of her actress. Even though the model isn't totally based on her likeness (I think they moved some "muscles" around to line up with the mocap dots on Anna's face), and she speaks differently because she is theatrically enunciating with an English accent, a bit of Nariko always comes through. I probably would have stopped watching Fringe long ago, were it not for my love of the cinematics in Heavenly Sword.

I totally read that as "were it not for the love of my life" :LOL:

I agree too, it blew my mind when after watching the entire first season of Fringe i realised that Miss Dunham was in fact Nariko from HS :D I died a bit from love-sickness that day ;-)

Back OT, _phil_ you were on the dev team?!?!?! :oops:

Did you get to speak to the Madison image actress? I guess her being the body double is similar to the guy whose image is used for mass effect.

Also, Claudia Black from farscape is hot (unconventionally so, there's just something about her :D)... pls don't make fun of my taste in women though, otherwise i might just have to whop out a pic of my fiance on yo azz ;-)

Too late to the party but I just finished the game yesterday.

I encountered some bugs which made the game unplayable. I found out over the internet that the issue was widepsread.

Many people experienced severe game crashes in certain sections. The game couldnt progress. The latest updates were supposed to have fixed the issue.

Yet I found that people were experiencing the crashes even after the update, including me. The game basically gets stuck on black screens, or crashes during the game. Some people were experiencing also sound issues and objects not loading properly.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and started from previous chapters to see if things would get fixed. Starting from older chapters solved the issue partially until I reached a chapter that would crash no matter what.

I discovered that the Move was causing issues with this. A certain chapter would crash in a certain section when using the Move, but with the DS3 controller it would get stack later.

I retried with a fresh reinstallation and switched to the DS3. Loading times were faster. I started 3-4 chapters back and the game progressed naturally without a single problem.

Just wanted to post it here in case someone looks for a solution.

I have some questions about this game's plot. Not sure if anyone knows:
1. Why did Ethan leave an Origami at his psychiatrist. They never explained that
2. He saw bodies in the water. I am not sure if thats his son's body on the wet street. Bodies in the water is more specific. Why did he see bodies in the water and not just bodies on the street if it was his son's body that left the images of the bodies?
3. They didnt give an explanation of his black outs.
4. Why did Madison have problems sleeping? I cant recall any explanation. She had nightmares thats for sure.
5. Why was the FBI agent taking the drug? What was his past?
6. Why did Scott look surprised when his "friend" was found dead and was all alone in the room? It was his intention to take him out. I also find it stupid that he took him out before he gave him the book. It would have made more sense if he gave him the list of names and asked to borrow it. Also why care about erasing evidence? It wasnt even his name and surname in that list. The old man didnt seem to remember that Scott ever owned such typewriter
7. And also how did he buy/get his typewriter fixed from the old man by introducing himself as John Sheppard when he knew Scott Shelby's face and name? Its like it wasnt the same guy who fixed Scott's typewriter or that the old man was never an old friend.
8. When Madison got Scotts name from his mother she acted immediately like she knew who he was. I cant remember her ever meeting him before. She immediately found his home, but was surprised he was a cop which means she never knew him before.
9. I am a little confused as to who owned the apartment at Marple Street. Was it the doctor? If yes Paco shouldnt have been the guy who offered the space to the killer. If Paco was the guy then there was no point finding the doctor before him?
10. How on earth did she conclude that Paco was involved by just finding a random club card with his name at the doctor's house?
11. I also cant recall Madison ever knowing the FBI agent. She even passed near him in the club. He also didnt appear like she knew her in person when he found her fingerprints in Paco's office, Yet you had the option to call him to inform him who the killer was

It's been a long time since I've played this, but here's what I can best recall:

1,2,3) Part of it is that allegedly they wanted the player's story choices to actually change who the killer was, but they had to significantly scale things back.
This left a lot of places already plotted out they couldn't go back and change.
Another is that the writing is not always well thought out, and it can play dirty by outright contradicting itself so that the player gets to the conclusion it dictates, or to amp up the suspense as to whether Ethan was the killer, even though about halfway through it's physically impossible for it to be him when the killer has him do stuff while on camera.

4) A more cynical interpretation I've seen is that the game would start to drag for adolescent males if they didn't involve a naked shower and sexually-charged assault between a bunch of chapters focused on walking around and fiddling with stuff. Then add in another chapter where she strips, and another where she gets roofied and then potentially killed by a sadist/sexual deviant.

5) This one may have an in-universe explanation. I believe his abuse of the future-VR tech led him to rely on the drug to keep his sanity. One of his possible endings after kicking the habit has VR leaking into his real life.

6,7,8,9,10,11) See (1,2,3).

I'm a little fuzzy on the details for some of the later points, like 9 and 11.
I'm not sure if there are any specific player choices that might make Madison briefly encounter the FBI agent, maybe not.
Some of the points, I believe, would have made more sense if there were ever a way to change who the killer was, and if the plot strands were expanded to accommodate them.

Back