Any Silicon Validation Engineers in here?

epicstruggle

Passenger on Serenity
Veteran
Hi all,

I'm going out for a silicon validation internship and was hoping to get some info on what I can expect on the interview. Ive made it through the phone interview and am flying to my second interview.

This might be too broad but does anyone have any suggestions on topics that might get covered? I think I'm ready for the interview but would really like to know what could trip me up for this once in a lifetime opportunity. I'd rather go in over prepared than regretting not brushing up on things that I thought were not important. Right now I'm getting a crash course in Python.

thanks,

Well, if nothing else there's always the motel business for you to fall back on... :)

Best of luck for your interview. The gods help those who help themselves, so give it your best shot!

thanks for the luck and well wishes. I believe I'm ready for this. Will let you know how it goes.

later,

:runaway: <== does this say it all.

I just got offered the internship. I just have a background check and drug test to pass and Im headed to my dream job with intel

Just did the deposit. But thanks for the offer. :)

I can't wait to start, will be going over there in a few weeks. Not too much time before I go from Detroit to Hillsboro. Too much to do and not enough time.

No big plans yet. First need to get through the 2 checks and get the official final offer. Looking at renting a nice appartment near the Intel campus and just spend a great amount of time reading about PCI-E and other new tech. I've already started buying books getting ready to get a good start in april.

Thanks for all the well wishes. :) I still cant believe that I got this once in a lifetime opportunity. We are looking for apartments in Hillsboro near the Intel campus so I don't have much of a commute. Does anyone live in the area? Im still looking for more info about the city, but it looks quite nice.

It's been 10 years since I visited there, but I think Intel has multiple campuses so make sure you know which you'll be at before choosing an apartment. I think they were all in the same general area though and Hillboro isn't that big. Summer's a great time to be there.

Just an update, long overdue. Things went better than expected with the internship. So well that they offered a permanent position. Which I accepted a few months back. It feels great working with the greatest company in the world, really enjoy the interaction with some really smart people.

Also, if anyone is looking for a technical job, consider Intel. It's hiring like crazy right now.

Just an update, long overdue. Things went better than expected with the internship. So well that they offered a permanent position. Which I accepted a few months back. It feels great working with the greatest company in the world, really enjoy the interaction with some really smart people.

Also, if anyone is looking for a technical job, consider Intel. It's hiring like crazy right now.
Awesome, welcome to Oregon. How about that huge building project.... Hope you find the time to try out the local wines. I am in Yamhill, and no i dont work at Intel.

Back