[PSN, XBL] Joe Danger

Looked fun, reminds me of the old Kickstart games on the C64 :) Which Trials HD also does of course.

It's like Excite Bike with a little bit of Little Big Planet. Even though it's a bike game, I wouldn't say there's a lot of similarity to Trials HD. Trials is an extremely difficult precision game.

Oh hell yeah I'm buying this. From the art style I keep expecting the coyote and road runner to appear at any time.

Looks like it has a little Joy Ride too. Be neat if it supported 360 avatars too. Definitely download the demo when it comes.

Tommy McClain

I'm not sure if this is multiplat. The EG expo video is old, Keighley mentioned only PSN and their website says 'one of' XBLA/PSN/PC. Still, platform is unannounced.

I'm not sure if this is multiplat. The EG expo video is old, Keighley mentioned only PSN and their website says 'one of' XBLA/PSN/PC. Still, platform is unannounced.

It'd be a shame if it wasn't as it looks quite appealing. Still, when I saw the create... share (what happened to play??) thing I instantly thought PSN only. We'll see I guess.

1:20 of the video I posted shows a 360 controller. As for Press references, if a studio is funding marketing or such we see this stuff all the time. AC1 anyone... (Not to mention if they actually want to move high volume for their title they would be dumb to ignore XBL unless they are getting a sweet pot of gold from Sony. It isn't like the Xbox doesn't have a built in DLC userbase crazy over motorcycle games!)

1:20 of the video I posted shows a 360 controller.

Right, but that's an older video, probably back from when they were shopping for platforms.

As for Press references, if a studio is funding marketing or such we see this stuff all the time.
You do get stuff like the Capcom LP2 shenanigans (maybe 360-only announced means LP2 will be a timed exclusive!!! except we never actually said so, cuz it's not), but for an indie downloadable game by a studio that seems to have like 4 people?

(Not to mention if they actually want to move high volume for their title they would be dumb to ignore XBL unless they are getting a sweet pot of gold from Sony. It isn't like the Xbox doesn't have a built in DLC userbase crazy over motorcycle games!)
I think it's a bit of Sony footing the bill and the fact that they seemed to be targeting a single system from the start, since they're such a tiny studio (seriously, they say there's only a single artist). I could be wrong, but my gut feeling is that this isn't multiplat. If it were a bigger studio going multiplat might make more sense, but maybe this was built on that Sony 'we guarantee a development budget's worth of royalties for exclusivity' program they announced last year at GDC.

If you read their developer diary over at Edge Online, linked earlier in the thread, you'll see that they made stuff on PC and "ported" to PS3 when they got a PS3 devkit. Then they sent an email with a picture to MS of the devkit and the game "running" and one week later they got a 360 devkit.

http://www.edge-online.com/blogs/sony-and-microsoft-round-one

Okay, they do not say what they ended up with releasing on, but at least the game exists in some form for PC, PSN and XBL.

So there is still hope. Seems like they were deving the game and Sony saw it and offered some cash (great for the dev team!) to get it on their platform, first/exclusive even. Good eye for talent--they game appears to exude quality.

When you're only 4 people you can't develop for multiple platforms quickly I guess. Where is castle crashers PS3 version for example?

Back