Massive App/games patch (including Halo 2, H-L, Diablo, BF2142, etc.) for Win7/Vista

Richard

Mord's imaginary friend
Veteran
Today Microsoft released a major app compatibility update for Windows 6.x systems that improves many apps & games, some of which I've seen some members complain about (notably Halo 2 for Windows 7). Although I've not had problems running these, or other, games with Win7 you guys should check out this list of apps/games included in the patch and give it a try if you're still having problems.

I'm not responsible if the patch eats your homework assignment or pr0n.

Does this cover only older game titles? D2, HL etc, they've got a few years under their belt by now... :p

What exactly is this thing supposed to fix anyway? I played the Steam version of HL2 front-to-back more than once under Vista and never noticed any issues, but maybe that one is fixed, and this patch only applies to the retail version. I also played D2 quite a bit, no problems there either that I noticed. Haven't tried these games in Win7 tho.

didnt know the following didnt work under win7
Doom3 V 1.0
Prey
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2

ps: "Improves user experience and provides a solution link when blocking issues occur."
I've got a feeling that translates to "doesnt work, please contact manufacturer"

Seeing the original Diablo on there kinda makes me want to load it up along with Hellfire (the Sierra published expansion). :D

Regards,
SB

Ooh, improved FS9 compatibility for Win 7 - that's huge for one of the communities I participate in. Thanks for the heads-up!

Seeing the original Diablo on there kinda makes me want to load it up along with Hellfire (the Sierra published expansion). :D

Regards,
SB

Hellfire is awesome. Too bad all the sharpening Oils don't carry over between playthroughs.

D1 and Hellfire work fine for me already on Vista, FWIW.

Back