*God Of War 3 Thread v2.0 + Interview Stig Asmussen

I wanted a battle on top of Gaia too :devilish:
Since they had three sequences in total for the fight with Zeus & the 2nd one really was nothing but a filler, I'd have preferred for the 2nd sequence to have a fight on that platform & then when Gaia appears we fight over her and then the last sequence which is inside Gaia. [though they would've needed to shorten the last sequence then, but it'd have been fine imo]

Last edited by a moderator:
Good lord, I have no time to play this game. Are all of the GoW3 owners here done with the game already ?
Nope, not me. I've had my copy for 2 weeks now and I haven't even started. As I've said earlier, my basement is being renovated but it should be finished by next week. I have 3-4 games to play as well as a bunch of BR movies to watch on my new 55" TV. :D Can't wait... GoWIII is definitely the first game I'm gonna play.

I finally beat it. Put it down for a few weeks.

When I left off I was maybe 10 minutes from fighting Cerberus. I didn't really like that fight. It took me a few tries. I kept dying after I took his second head off. The screen was too busy in that fight with the dog explosions etc. I'd thought I was getting killed by the scyth guys, but turns out there was fire falling from the sky, which was making me stumble. Who knew? It wasn't clear to me. Once I had that figured out, I beat it pretty easily. Not my favourite fight, just because it was another boss with limited attacks, and most of the danger came from spawning enemies.

Zeus was easy, but fairly creative. The first sequence is almost like Street Fighter, having the limited 2D plane. My camera got bugged and went absolutely insane for about 20 seconds during that part, but I survived. It was as if the camera was rapidly jumping up and down and it was painful to look at. It was the only camera bug I experienced in the whole game.

The part in the titan was pretty good, even though it was easy, because Zeus has a good variety in attacks, and there's some decent QTE parts.

The mind battle part, or whatever you want to call it, was VERY Max Payne. Remember those dreams in Max Payne, where he'd relive horrors from his past, and follow blood trails along ground floating above a black abyss? I loved those parts of the Max Payne games, and it was done pretty well here.

Not really a huge fan of the resolution of the series. To be honest, his redemption seemed pretty lame. He prevented the gods from having that power, but he'd already destroyed the world. His change of heart seemed to happen very quickly, and it wasn't very dramatic.

So, Kratos seemed to have died and released the power, but then he drags himself over the cliff into the ocean, or something dragged his body? If he dragged himself, and didn't die, then why was his power freed? I dunno.

I'd say the game had a good number of peaks and valleys. It started really strong and then flattened out for the middle section, with some good parts in there. The last third or quarter was strong again, but I was getting a little bored of the combat and would have liked some of the non-boss fights to be shorter, or would have liked more variety in enemies. The finale after the final boss left a little to be desired, for me.

Overall, solid game which I'd recommend to anyone with a PS3, despite the one moment that I found personally offensive.

I didn't have any issues with any of those things, but for once I actually agree with that Zero Punctuation guy. The plot was little bit of a mess after the first game.

The part where Kratos use helpless girl with breast visible to make the door stay open.
Yeah. I found that part a bit disturbing. And not only.
The thing is that the game put us in someone's shoes who would actually do things that we would never do.
I many times thought "I dont want to kill him or her, I dont want to, they have done nothing to me" but the game actually "forces" you to be a brutal, heartless warrior with no concern for anyone. This is how Kratos was in the game.

I enjoyed the game and it is probably the most impressive thing I have ever played but damn this was the most brutal title I ever laid my hands on and cant remember any other title where I felt "I dont want to do this" but I actually did it because I was left with no other choice
I found the sex scene even more pathetic than that.
The one with
Aphrodite?

All GoW games had a sex scene so I was kind of expecting to see some. The last thing I expected was to put depth to it :p

Or is there something I missed in that scene?
you cant kill her, right?

Anyone have any suggestions for the Challenges of Exile?

I've completed 5 of them but overall the difficulty on this set of challenges seems to be much harder than the Challenges of Olympus IMO. Completing the Hades' Kids 2 challenge was a right pain, I hate Chimeras and having to fight four of them at once is no fun...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the story is pretty crappy in a lot of ways, but that's true about games in general. Admittedly even my favourite games have pretty poor stories. Yahtzee makes some pretty good points though.

Even though most games have bad stories, what makes GoW3 so disappointing is that the first game actually a really good story. And seeing how Sony has that special studio for motioncapturing and voiceacting, and all the voice talent thrown at this game, it's a real shame they weren't able to make more of it.

Back