*God Of War 3 Thread v2.0 + Interview Stig Asmussen

Well, the scene in Call of Duty is meant to be portrayed as an atrocity, from what I could tell, and it was used to further the nonsensical story. It was definitely unnecessary and I'm sure they put it in just for the media attention. The scene in God of War has absolutely nothing to do with anything. That's the issue I have with it. It's just there to be gratuitous. I'm fairly sensitive to the way women are portrayed in games, and I thought that scene was in extremely bad taste.

I guess we can't sit here and argue morality with eachother, so we'll all have to agree to disagree. I only mentioned it because I thought there might be other people that wouldn't want to play through that part of the game, or let their kids play through that part of the game.

And you somehow think that the scene in GoW3 wasn't there to further the idea that Kratos is / has become a full blown monster? You think it's just "there to be there"?

You're right, we'll have to agree to disagree. Both scenes further some sort of character development in their own respect. The scene in God of War wasn't just there to be there, it serves a purpose for the character of Kratos.

We probably covered this, but now that it's been released, i just wanted to post my appreciation for the image quality of God of War 3. By far the cleanest looking thing that has come out of my TV, next to Bluray movies.
Amazing.

I was stunned by how good the image quality was.It would suck if Crysis 2 and Rage don't use a MLAA technique.:devilish: and obviously all PS3 games should use it from now on imo.

I was stunned by how good the image quality was.It would suck if Crysis 2 and Rage don't use a MLAA technique.:devilish: and obviously all PS3 games should use it from now on imo.
Indeed, I would also love to see it on Ps1 and Ps2 games as well. ;)

Recent PS3 games have really improved in the image quality aspect, especially concerning jaggies.
Heavy Rain looked very clean, FFXIII looks virtually jaggie-free, GOW3 is pristine. Do these games run native 720p?

It doesn't. It was one of the previous sections that had a lot of R1+L1 mashing which was just painful!

The music part is short so don't worry about it... Throw in few tries and you will get through it(easy enough even to memorize what to press) :)

first boss. me: ok, this is the best boss battle I ever had.
second boss. me: ok, this is the best boss battle I ever had. it even tops the other one...
third boss. me: ok, this....

I just started playing this game and I came to post this.

I just finished the
Hercules
fight. :oops::oops::oops:

The Hercules model itself, with the lighting in that level, is just... something else! Hera as well, the model itself wasn't that amazing (IMO) but the mixture of shading and the lighting made her look so real.

The music part is short so don't worry about it... Throw in few tries and you will get through it(easy enough even to memorize what to press) :)
I was stuck at that part, and got really frustrated until I tried again without sound. It's not like a proper rhythm game because of the latency between the sounds and button presses, so might as well treat it like a QTE.

I actually heard GoW radio ads yesterday and today. First time I've heard radio ads for a game, I think. They're certainly going all out promoting it. As soon as I'm done with Batman: AA, I'll pick this up.

Beat it. What a ride! So many epic moments! Upon reflection .....i think i was a bit hasty in saying this was technically better than UC2. I think UC2 is more technically ......cohesive (the more stable framerate mainly). But i think GOW3`s big moments easily outshine UC2`s big moments. I think some of GOW3`s character models are a little iffy compared to others. The one big plus point for GOW3 is of course the unreal image quality! Certain levels look better than others, and in these cases its absoolutely phenomenal. I hope this MSAA technique is doing the rounds within Sony.

Yeah the actual mechanics (fixed camera, abrupt jumps, small levels, except for titans of course, simple controls actually make it feel like a juiced up PS2 game, but the image quality, especially with the MLAA is unreal.

Beat it. What a ride! So many epic moments! Upon reflection .....i think i was a bit hasty in saying this was technically better than UC2. I think UC2 is more technically ......cohesive (the more stable framerate mainly). But i think GOW3`s big moments easily outshine UC2`s big moments. I think some of GOW3`s character models are a little iffy compared to others. The one big plus point for GOW3 is of course the unreal image quality! Certain levels look better than others, and in these cases its absoolutely phenomenal. I hope this MSAA technique is doing the rounds within Sony.
More stable framerate on Uncha 2? But if the average framerate on GoW 3 is near 45fps :LOL: I only see one or two slowdown in the entire single player, and only with a QTE.

More stable framerate on Uncha 2? But if the average framerate on GoW 3 is near 45fps :LOL: I only see one or two slowdown in the entire single player, and only with a QTE.

It jumps all over the place, dips below 30fps on a number of occasions. I`d rather have a constant 30 fps over something that varies like this. The average may very well be 45fps, but this doesn`t tell the whole story. When you hit 60fps sections, theres not a great deal happening on screen, or you`re just moving inbetween battles.

It jumps all over the place, dips below 30fps on a number of occasions. I`d rather have a constant 30 fps over something that varies like this. The average may very well be 45fps, but this doesn`t tell the whole story. When you hit 60fps sections, theres not a great deal happening on screen, or you`re just moving inbetween battles.

The variable framerate going higher than 30 definitely makes for a smoother feeling game compared to what UC2 does imho.

In what occasion you notice the dips below the 30fps? As i said i've seen only two time (2 QTE on the same enemy) where the framerate deeps below 30fps, and i've finished the game twice.

The game rarely ever dipped below 30 in my experience...the only place where I noticed it is in the 2nd level
right before the 3 judges where you meet Pandora for the first time
if you look at towards three judges then the FPS seems to be mid 20-ish. But for the most part the FPS is 40-45 & since you spend so much time indoors its good to have an unlocked framerate as when indoors it mostly remains above 50..& that helps the visuals a LOT.....imo ofcourse ;)

Back