*God Of War 3 Thread v2.0 + Interview Stig Asmussen

I don't have an issue here? What do you exactly mean. Can you describe you problem a little bit better? Which scene are you talking (I should remember it ...)

In GOW I+II you often had to delay the second jump, as you need the maximum length to reach the other side. Here there is really no maximum jumps needed, I cannot remember one jump I miss the whole game (in fact I judged that platforming is much easier compared to the other 2 games?!).

I usually press the X relatively short after the first X....then keeep it pushing to glide to the other side.
I had this problem in the beginning of the Hades level, after the first save point I think. There are two small chasms to jump over until you get to the point where you must cross a bigger chasm by hanging from a chain.
I failed the second chasm about ten times before I got over. Sometimes I failed aldready on the first. The second jump either didin't register, or the jump fell short.
It seems to succeed better if you are running while performing the jump, in this place there was a little space to run and you jump into the screen, so it's a bit more difficult to judge, so perhaps I failed because of that.
Funny thing is, at first tries I crossed those chasms easily, but after loading the save game the second day, I failed repeatedly. Maybe I was just tired/my fingers were tired, as I had just finished a few hours session of FFXIII...
After that I didn't have that much problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finished the game in two sittings and clocked 12 hours and WHAT A GAME! I love how they handled the CS and the combat is masterfully done during the
Hercules and Hades boss fight
, simply poetry in motion. The graphics is phenomenon especially during the
poseidon fight, Hades fight, Cronos fight and Zeus level
. The way they did the water reflection and refraction are even better than Uncharted 2's. Are SSM using a fluid dynamic system at least for the river Styx part? The titans are the best thing that have ever happened to the series imo.

I`ve only been playing for 30 mins but HOLY SHIZNAY!!!!! How on earth are SMS doing this on the PS3?! Absolutely sensational! Im sorry but UC2 has been dethroned! The sense of scale is just beyond comprehension! The texture work is just incredible all things considered! And the overall image quality is just top of the tree..........................Can`t wait to see the rest, though like Patsu i think im going to crack on with FF13 1st...........but WHAT an opening!!!

Yea the ending was kinda lame now that I've had some time to let it sink in.

**ENDING SPOILERS**

You know what I didn't love?
Was Kratos's contrived affection for Pandora who was the metephorical key to opening her fathers box that everyone seems to have access to. Then when Pandors goes to do was she is meant to do and Kratos is suddenly like "Noooooooo, don't sacrifice yourself like this, please, lets find another way to defeat Zeus--Pandora! :( " He gets all worked up dispite that fact that he's obliverated goddamn everyone & everything standing in his path--spanning over 4 games--to get to that very moment.

Then once she actually does open up the box, killing herself, he's totally like "oh lol silly Pandora! Welp, im'a go fight Zeus Mortal Kombat style. PEACE BRAH!!"

He kicks Zeus's ass, Zeus becomes a ghost just like Athena (hay thanks for the help there Athena!) since Hades is dead & can't judge his soul or something, but then Kratos is like "WTF! How are you still alive?!" and just kills him again. Oooooookay! Where did his soul go now?

Then when eveything is finished Kratos looks out to the world and is like "omg lmao look at what I did in my quest for revenge!!" Athena goes "dude gimme the power back" & kratos is like "awww hell naw!" and stabs himself with the sword of the gods--which he had in his back pocket the whole time and is the size of a train--leaving a gaping hole in his torso. Athena freaks again & then runs for the hills pouting. Meanwhile Kratos crawls away pulling himself over the edge of a cliff saying "LOL not dead!"

I thought the ending was ok, but not as classy as I wished it would have been

Well
before the fight starts Kratos asks Poseidon to come out & fight rather than staying inside a protective shell, he was inside the giant actually,right at the center

Ah I see. I did hear Kratos call out to him. Need to be more attentive in this game. The cutscenes and camera caught me off guard a few times.

OMG i got the game! I love Amazon!
It's my bday party tonight and all i wanna do is go home and play GOW3!!!
So sad! :LOL:

Happy bday !

Great game! ...there were plenty of irksome death moments for me though.

Yea the ending was kinda lame now that I've had some time to let it sink in.

**ENDING SPOILERS**

You know what I didn't love?
Was Kratos's contrived affection for Pandora who was the metephorical key to opening her fathers box that everyone seems to have access to. Then when Pandors goes to do was she is meant to do and Kratos is suddenly like "Noooooooo, don't sacrifice yourself like this, please, lets find another way to defeat Zeus--Pandora! :( " He gets all worked up dispite that fact that he's obliverated goddamn everyone & everything standing in his path--spanning over 4 games--to get to that very moment.

Then once she actually does open up the box, killing herself, he's totally like "oh lol silly Pandora! Welp, im'a go fight Zeus Mortal Kombat style. PEACE BRAH!!"

He kicks Zeus's ass, Zeus becomes a ghost just like Athena (hay thanks for the help there Athena!) since Hades is dead & can't judge his soul or something, but then Kratos is like "WTF! How are you still alive?!" and just kills him again. Oooooookay! Where did his soul go now?

Then when eveything is finished Kratos looks out to the world and is like "omg lmao look at what I did in my quest for revenge!!" Athena goes "dude gimme the power back" & kratos is like "awww hell naw!" and stabs himself with the sword of the gods--which he had in his back pocket the whole time and is the size of a train--leaving a gaping hole in his torso. Athena freaks again & then runs for the hills pouting. Meanwhile Kratos crawls away pulling himself over the edge of a cliff saying "LOL not dead!"

I thought the ending was ok, but not as classy as I wished it would have been

ROFL!!! :LOL: :LOL:

On comparison between GoW3 and U2, Elena + Nate >> Kratos. I don't care what you say. :devilish:
Granted, GoW3 has the flying camera (TM), plus giant bosses that somehow makes you want to slap them, and poke their eyes out.

Does the game presentation improves further later on ? Or is the first boss fight the #1 scene already ? ^_^ (Yea I am greedy I know).

Does the game presentation improves further later on ? Or is the first boss fight the #1 scene already ? ^_^ (Yea I am greedy I know).
Wait till you reach the place called "Tartarus" which has the Cronos boss fight & another part called "The Forum" [its a boss fight & its my fav part as of now simply cause of the battle music & the fight].Though In between you get a good few visually jaw dropping levels.

The art direction in this game is beyond amazing, its like a moving painting dancing to poetry like UltraGpu said.

EDIT: I got the Hitman Trophy [1000 hit] today :devilish:

The game is a visual treat from start to finish. I think saying it is like a painting that dances to poetry is probably overselling it quite a bit, even though Uncharted 2 is the only competition in the visual department.

So far my favourite part has been the boss fight with Hades. After you kill Hades you go quite a bit without a real boss fight, which I find disappointing. So far I haven't had another boss fight. I just killed Hermes to get the speed boots. The level is really great to look at, but chasing Hermes was incredibly easy so it never felt very exciting. That level is probably my favourite visual level, so far, apart from the opening. When you actually kill Hermes, it's pretty lame. He just runs around and doesn't really fight you. I'm not sure why they didn't try to make a good boss fight out of it. Same with Helios. They pretty much just give him to you, and they don't make a boss fight out of it.

The flying segment, from the demo, is quite a bit better in the retail game. It's expanded and it is a good change of pace for the game. The platforming bit in between the two flying parts is also pretty cool. The depth of field effect in the flying bit is really fantastic looking. The part where he flies out of the shaft and stabs the titan in the eye is probably the weirdest and worst looking part of the game. He just kind of flies out, stabs him in the eye and the titan dies, I guess? That's it? Then Kratos lands somewhere. The demo played it up like Kratos is going to go in and have some kind of epic battle, but they pretty much showed you the whole thing, minus the five second clip where he stabs him in the eye.

The dumbest puzzle so far was the Hades statue. I didn't really understand what I was trying to do, which made it a bit difficult to figure out at first. I mean, I'm supposed to guess that the path to Hades is through the statue (why?), and then I'd understand that I have to move the arms so that I can use the coffin to smash through the statue. Why does the coffin drop down when you move the arms in the first place? Basically, Hades invented an elaborate puzzle to prevent you from smashing through the statue with the coffin, but then why have the coffin there in the first place? It's kind of like giving someone a gun and then over engineering a solution to prevent them from shooting you.

I really like how much detail and care was put into the designs. I can't say I'm a huge fan of some of the character designs (some are fantastic), but I think the level designs are all very good. You want to keep playing to see the next location and see the next QTE.

I don't care for the repeatedly tap circle to open a door, turn a crank, etc game mechanic, but at the end of one particular boss fight, I enjoyed tapping the circle button, especially after the moderately hard time it gave me beforehand :)

Wait till you reach the place called "Tartarus" which has the Cronos boss fight & another part called "The Forum" [its a boss fight & its my fav part as of now simply cause of the battle music & the fight].Though In between you get a good few visually jaw dropping levels.

Awesome ! I won't feel cheated that way. :p
More things to look forward to ~:love:

I don't care for the repeatedly tap circle to open a door, turn a crank, etc game mechanic, but at the end of one particular boss fight, I enjoyed tapping the circle button, especially after the moderately hard time it gave me beforehand :)

Heh, you know... if you were playing FFXIII, you'd use the X button a lot.

I think saying it is like a painting that dances to poetry is probably overselling it quite a bit, even though Uncharted 2 is the only competition in the visual department.
Say that when you play the sequence called The Forum :)
The music there really helps giving you the vibes of poetry & since the game already looks quite a bit like a painting, you can say its a moving painting depicting a poetry.

P.S.[Well you have this little game called Killzone 2 too along with UC2 :p]

Well the game is kinda easy on Normal difficulty. but on titan( difficult ). There's quite a challenge. Ennemis just don't let you kill them that easily and block your attack. Dying that many times does give you more strategy to employ.
I also did die many times on my firrstplaythrough while jumping and missing a plateform. the gliding didnt respond as it should have.
But the game is so enjoyable.For the eyes, for the hands on. Just a masterpiece.

Normal is just about right for me. I struggled a little in the first boss fight. It asked me whether I want to lower the difficulty to Easy. :oops:

I want to enjoy the fight scenes, but don't want to miss the cues. I trained my eyes to focus and defocus the background on-the-fly during QTE sessions. \^o^/

I don't think the game looks anything like a painting.

The first time
Poseidon bot
appeared/posed on-screen, it reminded me of one. The problem is things happened so fast that I couldn't pause long enough to see whether it's worthy or not. They need to add "Witch Time" to this game, or allow us to pause the game for snapshot.

EDIT: Personally, I'd prefer GT5 to top GoW3. And then comes KZ3. ^_^

Well the game is kinda easy on Normal difficulty. but on titan( difficult ). There's quite a challenge. Ennemis just don't let you kill them that easily and block your attack. Dying that many times does give you more strategy to employ.
I also did die many times on my firrstplaythrough while jumping and missing a plateform. the gliding didnt respond as it should have.
But the game is so enjoyable.For the eyes, for the hands on. Just a masterpiece.

Choosing to play on Titan mode initially felt like a mistake to me, but after I beat Hades I knew I did the right thing, it just made me appreciate the fight so much that I think it'd have been not so memorable for me had I played on an easier difficulty where I could've easily defeated him.

The game is a visual treat from start to finish. I think saying it is like a painting that dances to poetry is probably overselling it quite a bit, even though Uncharted 2 is the only competition in the visual department.

The sense of depth in GOW3 is what makes it better looking than UC2 imo. The one scene where you have to chop off gaia's hand... it had an almost 3D quality to it.

Back