*God Of War 3 Thread v2.0 + Interview Stig Asmussen

I think this all started because I said he was a roided freak, or something like that. Sorry that it lead to this weird discussion. I wasn't expecting my comments about him being a pantless tribal-tattoed roided hippy mma-fueled He-Man so literally or seriously. It was just a joking exaggeration meant to illustrate how much I despise Kratos in his entirety. There was no intent to derail this thread with links to the history of pants, or images of athletic craniums and their relative human proportions. Oh, and Kratos sucks. After every fight he should throw on a "Tap Out" shirt and chug some powerade.

You have alot of resentment for something I wonder how you felt when you watched movies like 300 and Troy and their pre-Christianity era world.

I wonder how you would react to finding out how Greek Wrestling (one of the first type of wrestling or grappling in history not WWE or even Tap Out) was really practiced way back in their day and the type of forgotten trainning men practiced back in those days.

And since "tribal-tattoed" disturbs you I also wonder how you felt about when the Pilgrims who landed on Plymouth Rock felt when they encountered the Native American Indian tribes and how if it wasn't for those tribal natives and they way their lifestyle was, those modern human with civilized chirstianity would have died out due to being too weak.

I mean before the gun was invented in history men had to be physically strong to handle a spear, bows and arrows and swords, not to mention hand to hand fighting

I personally don't really like Tap out Mixed martial arts, its really just entertainment but if you want to go real, a man battling another man is all about domination and submission to death, alot of that requires plenty or sufficient anger, something modern man (unless they studied history) poorly understands.

going forward in history when suits of armor were invented, don't you think the men wearing those extra pounds of armor would have to have some physical muscle to back up their burden, specially in a war with swords flying everywhere.

The people who made the video game of God of War 3 did not invent this game out of nowhere or out of tap out, they basically looked back in history and added or fleshed out the mythology and an era when if you were walking around there was no police to dial 911 to save your life.

Kratos is as far from realistic built people as possible. I mean even this guy can't touch him (he's 211cm tall):

004TRO_Nathan_Jones_002.jpg

Hint: his head is too small relative to his body...

The thing is that this guy is just a body builder ACTOR, put him for real via some magical time machine in the past and he will turn to a spear magnet however that does not mean that they were some super muscular men back in the past, just look at alot of the historical native American Indian statues since bodies vary alot but this guy in Troy is an actor his muscular build does not mean he can fight or hunt, its all just for looks.

Kratos is not really that physically exagerated when you compare him to ancient Greek and Roman statues sure today baseball fans value a pitchers arm but back in the day of history the Greek and Roman armies valued your spear and sword arm.

There was no internet MMOs and fatty foods with high fructose corn syrup to make us obesse, lazy and unhealthy. True, modern times gym athletes benefit alot from all the technology and information on vitamin and legal supplements but there are also those that don't do the hard work and just want the easy path and take the illegal, unnatural supplements/enhancers to make massive gains over night.

Hell Time magazine did a study on current 2000 diet and 1950s diet on school children and movies like Super Size Me and Food Inc have been made to inform the public.

The fact is that wars change men into warriors, guns or pre-guns and warriors are not friendly guys with calm demeanors, their mental state is very different from a complacent peacefull men

Played the game till the "action" in Aphrodite's Room :)
Anyways looks like I'll platinum this game, shouldn't really be that hard, I'll play my 2nd playthrough on super easy & do a speed run collecting the few items I missed.

Just wanted to add this for a realistic like looking Kratos and how that would look give or take some muscle here and there

Last edited by a moderator:
Kratos muscle mass and appearance looks pretty much like any guy would look if he heat healthy and trained 5 days a week for a 2 years.

4 days a week (if you're looking to build, you'd need a day for recovery), a proper diet and you're there in about a year if not less. At some point, Chris Redfield from RE5 was nicknamed "Roidfield", but my arms were as big as his at some point in my early 20's.

The trickiest part is the diet in accordance to your natural metabolism. Genetics really play a big role in that regards. Anyway... about GOWIII :p

Sorry to post this here but my copy of GOW3 is coming tomorrow so.....
I have a ps3 slim. I tried to put it on this evening but it won't turn on, instead it keeps flashing red. I need some advice.

I dont think this is a Spoiler but when you unlock the Platinum trophy in the game there is this website, i dont know what to make of it ???

www.spartansstandtall.com

Probably related to some upcoming GoW DLC? (the cut epilogue perhaps?) Looking closely I think I can see a reflection of someone, here's a quick screenshot.

Does anyone else see the reflection or is it just my eyes?
gow3i.jpg

I have a technical question: the graphic is incredible but what the hell is it the terrible feeling of staggering when the camera views follows kratos especially during the run? The demo even with worse fps not have this strange / awfull sensation or is it only my impression? I'm not talking of motion blur.

I just finished the game on Normal. I have only one word for it: EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad I didn't read or watch much before playing. I think not seeing too much beforehand increased it's impact on me. I'd recommend anyone who want to play the game (but haven't) try to avoid reading or watching anymore.

Now I'm sad that it's over. I don't want the game to end. :cry:

I have a technical question: the graphic is incredible but what the hell is it the terrible feeling of staggering when the camera views follows kratos especially during the run? The demo even with worse fps not have this strange / awfull sensation or is it only my impression? I'm not talking of motion blur.
There are a couple of places where the FPS dips to mid 20s, it is when I feel that the movement is a bit jerky. The Object motion Blur somehow makes it look worse in those specific scenario.

Haven't noticed anything such, the game's smooth as butter on my PS3.
However, I started having troubles making those double jumps. When I first played GOW a I had no problems at all, but the next day I couldn't get forward because I kept failing repeatedly.
There's some rather precise timing needed with the double jump, it could be more forgiving.

Finally sat down and played the first 2 chapters (
Killed Poseidon
). That was breathtaking.

How did Kratos grabbed
Poseidon
from the giant ? It happened too fast for me to see. Where was he hiding on the monster ?

Also, I didn't notice any voice acting issues. Gaia, Kratos,
Poseidon
, grunts, music are all solid.

EDIT: Will finish FFXIII first. 3 more chapters to go.

Haven't noticed anything such, the game's smooth as butter on my PS3.
However, I started having troubles making those double jumps. When I first played GOW a I had no problems at all, but the next day I couldn't get forward because I kept failing repeatedly.
There's some rather precise timing needed with the double jump, it could be more forgiving.

I don't have an issue here? What do you exactly mean. Can you describe you problem a little bit better? Which scene are you talking (I should remember it ...)

In GOW I+II you often had to delay the second jump, as you need the maximum length to reach the other side. Here there is really no maximum jumps needed, I cannot remember one jump I miss the whole game (in fact I judged that platforming is much easier compared to the other 2 games?!).

I usually press the X relatively short after the first X....then keeep it pushing to glide to the other side.

Finished the game yesterday, after about 12 hours on normal.
As I predicted halfway: simply the best game I have ever played.
I am really shocked how good and entertaining a game as a medium can be.

It is so good, that I start a new one right after my first playthrough...and it makes me really jealous that right at the moment someone playes GOWIII and I am not :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Some things that I notices:

-Quick time events are sensational and subperb executed from a gamplay point of view...it often feels natural what you do during those events, the simple idea to locate the button promts at the side of the screen is brilliant, now i really could follow the action and did not miss the action, and maybe only missed less then 1 per cent of the button presses throughout the whole game!!

-The lion gloves are ultra strong. I am a typical "I play only with the blades". Although the other weapons are super fun to use and look superb graphically (nice effects), I like the blades best! But when I recognize that a battle gets close, I switch to the gloves and dominate!

How did Kratos grabbed
Poseidon
from the giant ? It happened too fast for me to see. Where was he hiding on the monster ?
Well
before the fight starts Kratos asks Poseidon to come out & fight rather than staying inside a protective shell, he was inside the giant actually,right at the center

Back