*God Of War 3 Thread v2.0 + Interview Stig Asmussen

I am really curious if and which sections in there are recorded or real time

Even the scenes during undoubted gameplay are unbelievable

Does it really matter where 'the cut' is, at this point? I mean, the game is doing things that will not be matched for a very long time, both in terms of imagination and how the technology helps bring that imagination to reality.
Obviously that long sweep between mountains and titans at the beginning is recorded, as all that stuff would take an enormous amount of memory - unless it's all streamed. But other than that the game looks exactly the same in the realtime parts!

I am really curious if and which sections in there are recorded or real time

Even the scenes during undoubted gameplay are unbelievable
I think the cutscenes are pre-rendered using in-game assets. It's hard to tell because the game looks so good and clean.

I think the cutscenes are pre-rendered using in-game assets. It's hard to tell because the game looks so good and clean.
The most are in real time, but when the memory not allows more, cutscenes are pre render, at least Santa Monica quote of technical stuff said that.

Ok so i finally played the demo and the game is already so clean looking, i can't really say i see that many jaggies anyway, so i can't see how much cleaner it will be with the new AA... Guess i'll find out soon enough!

Is anyone going to attend the GDC 2010 Santa Monica Studios seminar? They have some interesting topics on shadow tech and in game animation, would be nice to share around if anyone is up for it:).

Ok so i finally played the demo and the game is already so clean looking, i can't really say i see that many jaggies anyway, so i can't see how much cleaner it will be with the new AA... Guess i'll find out soon enough!

I didn't really notice any jaggies in the GoW3 demo or Heavy Rain. However I can see the ones in GT5 even on a 24" monitor. May be some scenes are more prone to aliasing effects.

With the saved GPU time, they may be able to try other graphics techniques too.

Overall, I think it's a wonderful invention. It's gratifying to see the CPU and GPU working seamless together as designed. ^_^

I didn't really notice any jaggies in the GoW3 demo or Heavy Rain. However I can see the ones in GT5 even on a 24" monitor. May be some scenes are more prone to aliasing effects.

With the saved GPU time, they may be able to try other graphics techniques too.

Overall, I think it's a wonderful invention. It's gratifying to see the CPU and GPU working seamless together as designed. ^_^

Ok on a secon playthru i did notice some jaggies, but only because i was really, really looking for them!
I'm starting to think that the main reason they went for MLAA is performance and not quality, because i find it hard to believe that they would look at their code and said "ok this is not looking clean enough, let's work more on the IQ!".

Many people will thing that i have been on a different planet :LOL: but i have never played God of War 1 or 2. I will be getting a copy of God of War 3 next week and was wondering would i be able to follow the story of the game easy enough or do i have to at least play 1 and 2.

Thanks

Many people will thing that i have been on a different planet :LOL: but i have never played God of War 1 or 2. I will be getting a copy of God of War 3 next week and was wondering would i be able to follow the story of the game easy enough or do i have to at least play 1 and 2.

Thanks

Go to ign and look for the "GOW in 5 minutes" video... :D

The sooner I get this game in my hands the better for everyone around me.
March 19....ooohh, that's just a long time to wait.

The first two games are great though. The collection is worth it if you haven't played them yet.

Absolutely. Shame Sony forgot to release the Collection in the UK (and europe i'd assume?)... Would have loved to play GOW2 before GOW3 but that's ok. Guess Sony didn't want our money!

I figured I would post some pictures of the final retail case which I was fortunate enough to receive yesterday. Its really great looking! In particular the wallpaper/music while the disk is in the PS3 is really impressive (below).

I'm currently writing up my first impressions of the game (played for 5 hours yestreday) and will post it here.

25tkw7o.jpg

28r2yxz.jpg

xf54i1.jpg

Back