Motorstorm: Apocalypse

Whats Motorstorm 3D Rift ? 3D release of MS:pR?
Sony says 10 tracks.

Yep, it is. Apparently you can trial it and get the 'full' version for a pretty low price. It contains 10 of PR's tracks and it can still also be played in 2D apparently.

This one really shows the gameplay as it is, and I must say : Its absolutely CHAOS :D ! Now, I am interested, uptill now my response was that PR was better. But this is FUN :cool: !

I wonder if this is a representative track of the game.

Following 2 reasons:

- It was extremely easy. Typically in MS, when I drive the track the first time...I don't finish first. There are these typically "don't take this shortcut, because it is a trap" situations missing - which you have to learn first before mastering the track.

-In the demo you can only drive this rally car. I tried different routes and all stuff - this is very typical and good. But I wonder the following: where is the difference when I drive the track with another vehicle class? In MS you have to choose different routes for different classes. I don't see this true on this track??

Playing this game is spectacular and frantic...at least! I got the MS feeling the first second I played it...but I wonder the issues I mentioned above.

In top-right corner of the screen it says "pre-alpha content", so probably it's not totally representative of the full game.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/12/10/motorstorm-apocalypse-new-track-revealed/

New track revealed. Sadly no video, only images. The gfx look improved from last time, but then, who knows if its actually in-game.....No Aliasing and 1080 screen means Bullshot?

5248853400_27b29ca573_o.jpg

5248251243_042ebd036a_o.jpg

More at the link ! I think I am gonna like this game :) ! 2011 is too overcrowded for my purse. ther's Killzone 3, Infamous2, Crysis 2 (PC),Uncharted3:Drake's Deception, Resistance3 , RnC;All4one(t play with niece n nephew), Socom 4(need it for Move I guess), MS:Apocalypse, The Last Guardian(can't be missed at any cost).....ah ! And Sony is gonna anounce another exclusive (Starhawk ?) in 2 days ! Phew ! How am I gonna get all that monies ........:unsure:? Add to that I need to get Majin too ....cry cry !

DAMN! ! The whole freaking track is on the rooftops of the city!!!!! Win Win ! $ player split screen confirmed in this interview. 16 player online !
Dudes ! Just watch the gameplay, this game is gonna blow the socks off in stereoscopic 3D ! Lots of customisation in game modes promised. He says there is a game mode creator, so you can create new kindof rules n everything to play with.

EPIC WIN is the 4 player split screen. With these kindof graphics, thats one mode thats gonna be a hit! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a 3D Bravia today for 1399, where you got a PS3 160 gb + 5 3D enabled games (including GT5) with it. Probably didn't have glasses included, but man if I had been single, I might have gone for it ... ! So tempting, I so want to try GT5 in 3D.

Ah well, I'll stick to the 'wait till June next year and see then. My regular 'buy a new TV' price mark is 1000 euros for the TV I want (that price always comes eventually), but I see TVs now for 399 that are already Full HD and bigger than my 'old' TV from 2006, who knows that 3D tvs will get down to.

Wow that looks much better now than the demo I played at gamescon which was kinda rough. And they still have a few months left to polish it further.

Same here, thanks to GT5 and Modnation Racer.

Saw the segment where they freeze the driver in mid-air. That scene is going to wow 3DTV owners. MotorStorm has always had very realistic lighting. I will try this out in the SonyStyle store nearby.

On the contrary, i didn't buy Hot Pursuit so that I can stay revved up for this. Split screen and crazy tracks and MS style explosive racing- What more can you ask for :D !

On the contrary, i didn't buy Hot Pursuit so that I can stay revved up for this. Split screen and crazy tracks and MS style explosive racing- What more can you ask for :D !
4 player Split-screen (and split-screen w/ online) is the reason why I've ignored Hot Pursuit.

Motorstorm Apocalypse has a lot of features that I've been looking for, while Hot Pursuit has no split-screen at all.

Autolog is nice, but it doesn't make up for not having a simple feature that made racing games such great party-games before the Wii existed. Criterion and a few others say it's hard to put it in games nowadays, but at least other developers actually try.

Bigduo209, if 4player splitscreen is your thing...you should try Motorstorm 2 (Pacific Rift)...I don't usually do this but I'd recommend you buying it...that's how much I enjoyed it...I'm sure you can get it for $20 or less right now....but I'd say rent it first if you're not sure, they didn't do the game justice with the initial demo on the PS Store.

imo, it still looks better than 95% of racing games our there.

that is one thing I like about the MS series.... I have kept each version because they are so different than the other.

Bigduo209, if 4player splitscreen is your thing...you should try Motorstorm 2 (Pacific Rift)...I don't usually do this but I'd recommend you buying it...that's how much I enjoyed it...I'm sure you can get it for $20 or less right now....but I'd say rent it first if you're not sure, they didn't do the game justice with the initial demo on the PS Store.

that is one thing I like about the MS series.... I have kept each version because they are so different than the other.
It's the first time I'm seeing your reply, so it's ironic that I just bought Pacific Rift today.

I'm not gonna play it until Christmas though since there was not many games this year I was interested in, so I'm going back to some games I missed out on last year.

Of course there's plenty of 2011 games that I'm really looking forward to, MS: Apocalypse is just one game in a long list of many I want to purchase.

Edit:

Multiple Routes gameplay of the 'Skyline' course

Last edited by a moderator:
counting all recent games announced...this is somehow still my number 1 in the list!

am I weird?!? do I have to change my name from Billy Idol...into Billy Idle?

It's an absolutely amazing game. Love it to death.

Back