DirectX and Delphi

Area593

Newcomer
Hi everyone,

I'm kinda curious as to how many people of this forum, if any, use Delphi and DirectX for their 3D application development. I've been using Delphi with DirectX since back in the DirectDraw4 days, and quite like it. And although I can develop in C++ nearly as fluently as I do with Delphi, I find Delphi's syntax much cleaner, which I find helps, especially when working on big, heavily featured engines such as the one my team is currently working on (even at the expense of more keystrokes). Though I do think C++ style syntax is much better for coding shaders.

Cheers
Ben

Let the flame war begin.

If people want to be petty and childish and start a flame war because of the whole C++ / Delphi thing then they are fools. I'm merely stating that I prefer to use Delphi, I'm not preaching that everyone should. Each to his (or her) own. I am a huge fan of both languages, and am fluent in both, and see positive and negative points in both, as with anything in life.

I'm simply curious to see if anyone else uses a combination of Delphi and DirectX.

I used to use Delphi and DirectX a long while ago, but these days I find it much more convenient to just use C# when I want that style of language. Obviously C# and Delphi have their differences but not in any huge areas that I care about much. Syntax is pretty unimportant to me... it's more of the semantics, guarantees and "undefined" stuff that defines a language.

I used to use Delphi and DirectX a long while ago, but these days I find it much more convenient to just use C# when I want that style of language. Obviously C# and Delphi have their differences but not in any huge areas that I care about much. Syntax is pretty unimportant to me... it's more of the semantics, guarantees and "undefined" stuff that defines a language.

I haven't used C# much, and never with DirectX, but you have got me a bit curious now, I'll have to check it out. :)

Back