Just Cause 2

Not disagreeing with you exactly, but I spent a bit of time and got my Revo set up just peachy with Just Cause 2. Enter, escape, evade, hand brake, fire1, fire2, zoom all bound fine. :)

How was this bit of time spent? Did this work out of the box, or did you work around it?

Trying to bind Mouse 4 and 5 just makes it "N/A". It appears to be binding something. As for Enter, it just selects/deselects the option now.

Steam version, Win 7 64, Razer Mamba, Logitech Illuminated.

Try running your razer drivers as admin before starting steam. Steam runs as admin and the razer drivers have to be running in admin mode as well to allow use of any buttons past mouse3 for some reason.

Try running your razer drivers as admin before starting steam. Steam runs as admin and the razer drivers have to be running in admin mode as well to allow use of any buttons past mouse3 for some reason.
Didn't work. I haven't seen any issues with other games and mouse bindings without admin mode.

I assigned my Revo's buttons to standard keys, then bound those keys in game....so yeah I sort of cheated. :oops:
Seems the only way here too, unless they fix it. I've yet to use evade even once. Melee very rarely. When I try to assign "Melee" to mouse 4, I get a message saying that button is already in use. Subsequently this clears out "Fire weapon 2", which is bound to PGDN. The entire system seems bugged.

DEL can't be bound either, btw.

Swapped out the 5850 for my GTX280 to play with the extra effects on my 2nd playthrough, not really sold on the Bokeh filter but the CUDA water is major drool! Can't say it is hurting the framerates much either, but then I only play at 1600x1200 and 4xMSAA

Please ask him what he thinks of Gibbed's work and our (G&H/BOLOPatch)'s work.

That's a bit brazen, asking for your ego to be massaged by the dev, and at the same time offering an edition of the mod specifically for those who pirated the game (on your homepage). :cry: If you want them to respect your work, why don't you start respecting theirs?

had a little go of the demo and it's mucho fun
the Gaming Gods are pleased...

but i cant rebind the E key from weapons pickup, can i do this in the full game

I'll go check, to be honest the game is a bit goofy/flaky on its key bindings. Not enough to be a deal breaker by a long shot, but enough to be annoying. (I still fire both guns on my helicopters with my right mouse button for some reason, but the helicopter never runs out of ammo so whatever. :) )

EDITED BITS: It lets me change the "Interact" key which is default "e" for me. :)

Well thankfully My keyboard has 2 E keys (the key I use for strafe left) so i can change one to something else, D for example and bind D to strafe left in the game

just found something else Horn is not listed in the keyboard options so i cant change it from Q

Is this fixed in the full game ?

Nope, it's not bindable because it is not in the keyboard settings.

Humus, I would like a big favour
could you ask the guy who did the keybindings why he left out weapon pickup and the horn (I'd be really interested in hearing his explanation)
and then could you slap him....

George Wright (Associate Producer, Avalanche Studios)

George Wright is with Square Enix / Eidos actually.

Maybe it is dynamic, when you are on missions, the time goes slower and when you are just mucking about, it goes faster. Humus to the rescue?

Time goes at different speed at different times of day. Various things in the game can affect the time of day too, like cutscenes, mission, locations etc.

- Mouse buttons > 3 aren't bindable.

I fixed this, at least for button 4 & 5. Higher buttons would require larger code changes. So now it's just waiting for Square Enix to decide on another patch.

Glad påsk, Humus. :)

Thanks, my Easter was excellent. :) Just returned from Tenerife where I spent the Easter with my girlfriend, or should I say fiancé, because we also got engaged there. :)

Back