Google Buzz

Scott_Arm

Legend
I'm confused by the tremendous amount of overlap between Google Mail, Reader, Wave, Chat and Buzz.

Buzz seems to be ok though. I played around with it today. Now it's just a question of whether my contacts enable the Buzz features and it actually gets used. Wave is neat, but no one I know that has it uses it at all.

I like Buzz too. It's a shame that it kind of competes with Twitter now, which most people are already used too. I'd like to have more people to follow on Buzz. Only the fact that you can share articles and posts from Reader is worth having it.

And yeah same here, I don't have any contacts that actually use Wave.

I use reader, and share privately with a small list of contacts, so I have buzz sharing with those same people. I'm not really sure how useful it is yet, since it doesn't seem to be giving me much extra, other than twitter-like functionality.

Google announced that they want to integrate all their features into a social network type environment (say, facebook). It'll make more sense from that perspective, and once we see that coming together.

I've been trying to figure out how to disable it.

Go to the bottom of the page, right next to "turn off chat" there's a "turn off buzz" link. It's the first thing I did after seeing the splash inviting me to try it.

Go to the bottom of the page, right next to "turn off chat" there's a "turn off buzz" link. It's the first thing I did after seeing the splash inviting me to try it.

Thanks for that, I was already not fond of gmail and buzz was driving me batsnot insane. Only use gmail to keep in touch with one person...

Regards,
SB

Google announced that they want to integrate all their features into a social network type environment (say, facebook). It'll make more sense from that perspective, and once we see that coming together.

They have orkut, though. I wonder what that means for that team.

Back