R.I.P ChrisRay - 1983-2010

Thanks Ink, thanks Rys.

It's very very sad. Again, my condolences to his family and friends. He was way too young and he had so much good to do for the community.

It sure as hell made me think about myself. I too am in a risk group for complications with H1N1 infections but so far, the whole thing seemed "far from home."

Live healthier people. enjoy life. Bickering about video cards and politics probably isn't going to help us in the end. We lost someone great with Chris and I don't think anyone here didn't have the utmost respect for his approach to the community.

Thanks Chris, we'll miss you.

The highlighted part for the obvious vanity of sooo many things each of us deals with on a daily basis.

I intended to write a small write up about all the fun and good times I had personally with Chris especially when we tried to set up 3DEclipse or the endless hours we chatted about personal matters etc. but I couldn't find the strength to even start. I still use after all those years the epsilon plus three slogan of that project and the site's logo as an avatar on other boards. I was thinking of getting rid it some time ago but now it'll stick with me to remind me of him.

Personally I wish I could believe more in things like the afterlife. However if I should be wrong on that one too, I hope he can sense our feelings from where he is....

This is a huge shock to me. Been posting with Chris for almost a decade and dieing at the age of 27 is so shocking. The communality lost a good person that had knowledge and the kind heart to help others with it. It doesn't bother me is a friend in old age or long term illness passes away but for some one as young as Chris it realty hits home and the bad thing on my part is too many people in my life have died young like Chris. Really make you think about how life is so fragile. My prayers are with is family and love ones to get through this.

Damn, so sad. Makes you stop, take a step back and look in the mirror.
I posted with him for the last couple of years and now regret not getting to know him on a more personal level.
While I'm sure I had some disagreements with him, what he was working towards for the community is priceless and I had the utmost respect for him and his work.

He will certainly be missed.

Edit- and of course listening to Pandora and typing this post, Dust in the Wind starts playing. :cry:

Re-edit- For those asking for some quotes, this brings a tear to your eye.
And I've been doing it for nearly 3 months now. Actively avoiding the speculation threads :) Anyway its not much longer. After waiting 3 months the next bit is nothing.

Another edit- Hopefully someone can point his family to some of these threads across the web, so they can see how many lives he touched and the difference he made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read this. It's always awful to hear about someone dying at such a young age. When it's someone who's done some good for people, if feels even worse.

This is such a huge waste... it's just unfathomable. How does such a positive, young, intelligent and charming guy like Chris die so young? It is always so sad when someone so young and so bright leaves us... it's just so untimely!

I'm in shock and truly will miss Chris and his eloquent, down-to-earth style... his wit, his intelligence, his passion, and his unending support for others. His pictures are actually how I always imagined him; such an inviting warmth that is almost radiating from him.

My deepest condolences to his family.

Wow.... I am shocked as Chris brought so much to the community. He will be greatly missed.

My condolences go out to his family.

It's difficult when conversing on the internet to meet people who consistently come across as decent. Chris always did (even though the discussions he was generally involved in were way over my head).

RIP.

I wasn't around early February and didn't read the general forums in ages... So, suffice to say that it came off as a tragic and shocking news when someone mentioned to me today that Chris passed away.

All my condolences to his families and friends, which some of them are part of this forum. Take care guys.

As someone said earlier in this thread, the community is really worse now with teh loss of one of its best representant. Chris has always remained helpful and polite, even in times when he was outrightly attacked by folks who couldn't remain composed and polite when arguing video cards.

:cry:

R.I.P Chris.

Back