R.I.P ChrisRay - 1983-2010

I honestly don't know what to say. When I heard about this I thought way too young. Takes an emotional thread to get me to post

Ben

Wow. Just wow.
Any moment could be the last for any of us. Chris was a great contributor who knew how to treat people with respect even in disagreement. He is missed.

I spoke to neliz tonight via Bad Company 2 and he wanted to express his condolences.

Thanks Ink, thanks Rys.

It's very very sad. Again, my condolences to his family and friends. He was way too young and he had so much good to do for the community.

It sure as hell made me think about myself. I too am in a risk group for complications with H1N1 infections but so far, the whole thing seemed "far from home."

Live healthier people. enjoy life. Bickering about video cards and politics probably isn't going to help us in the end. We lost someone great with Chris and I don't think anyone here didn't have the utmost respect for his approach to the community.

Thanks Chris, we'll miss you.

This i sso sad. Really bummed out. Too young. And of pneumonia of all things. I didnt even think people get pneumoni any more in the 21st century! Rest in peace. You probably are in a better place now.

Chris was a dear friend to many of us on other forums. Those of us who knew him before he joined Nvidia will surely sense his absense. He not only was a Hardware enthusiast, but also was well known as a gaming enthusiast on the online emulation community he and I shared.

RIP my friend.

Didn't know him, I was just used to read his posts and it was allways a pleasure to see how good he came across. This got me sad.

My condolences to his family

Sad thing is that if he only gotten the flu shot before he gone on his trip to CES he might very well be still with us. It's a tragedy, but also a lesson for those who haven't gotten the flu shot.

RIP

I did not know him, but from his posts I got a sense of his infectious enthusiasm and enjoyment in what he did, particularly in the last few weeks.
The shocking finality of this news makes me think of how we won't see any more of that enthusiasm and joy, and how what I abstractly think is lost is not even an echo of what his friends and family know is gone.
I am deeply sorry that they have lost so much.

:cry: This is very tragic , I am so sad that I even came close to crying :cry: .

I have to wonder though , Pneumonia is a treatable condition , very treatable , unless he had been immuno-compromised (like in the case of HIV or uncontrolled diabetes ) it shouldn't be a problem at all , at least in the west , where proper medical facilities and expertise exist . .

Your right it is very treatable, but if it gets misdiagnosed or hits you like a ton of bricks out of the blue, it can be fatal. In 95 I went to Korea, 5 days in processing, friday got to new unit, woke up the following monday with walking pneumonia and an O2 rate around 50. By the time I got to the 121st(military hospital in Korea for those who dont know) the O2 rate was down to 40 and falling. I spent 2 weeks in ICU and they pulled 2L of fluid from my chest because of it. And as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I also got it again last week going intot eh hospital for it the day after he died from it, so for me, having read the release of his passing, it was very surreal for me.

Wow... when I saw the title on TR, I thought Chris went to work with other company, and then, the moment I've read "on January 28th" I knew what has happened, couldn't believe what I've just read... :cry:

Back