R.I.P ChrisRay - 1983-2010

My condolences to his family.

WHen I first glanced at Thread title -- I wondered who was ChrisRay and then it it hit me a few seconds later who it was. Very unexpected when you have been reading his posts up to last week unaware of any problems.

R.I.P.

ChrisRay said:
I just went to the doctor for FLU shots because I am so sick. Apparently I got H1N1 in Vegas
frown.gif
I always thought of Chris as a very patient and thoughtful poster here. Whether people agreed with him or not, he was invariably polite. In a place with so many strong personalities and opinions, he rarely lost his cool and was a tremendous source of information, plus a tireless advocate for NVIDIA users.

Though I had few personal interactions with him, I always appreciated his input whenever I posted here.

I am very sorry for his loss, and I wish the best for his family that he leaves behind.

RIP - ChrisRay

Absolutely Shocked. Feeling very teary eyed....

ChrisRay was great guy, always very helpfull.

My condolences to his family and friends.

:cry: This is very tragic , I am so sad that I even came close to crying :cry: .

I have to wonder though , Pneumonia is a treatable condition , very treatable , unless he had been immuno-compromised (like in the case of HIV or uncontrolled diabetes ) it shouldn't be a problem at all , at least in the west , where proper medical facilities and expertise exist .

EDIT :
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
I just went to the doctor for FLU shots because I am so sick. Apparently I got H1N1 in Vegas
frown.gif
Oh that explains it :cry: .

I'll definitely miss Chris. I still remember debating the merits of Voodoo 5 vs. GeForce with him years ago on a different forum.

Oh dear what terrible news and just awful that he is never going to see and be involved any further in the fermi launch. You can guarantee he would have been in his element.

Can you guys put together a collection of Chris's great B3D posts so we can all remember him the way he would have liked?

Thank you and God bless you Chris.

I spoke to neliz tonight via Bad Company 2 and he wanted to express his condolences.

Wow, I can't believe this at all... right around my age.

It's tough to believe that just a few weeks ago he was on here, and now it's all gone...

I always thought of Chris as a very patient and thoughtful poster here. Whether people agreed with him or not, he was invariably polite. In a place with so many strong personalities and opinions, he rarely lost his cool and was a tremendous source of information, plus a tireless advocate for NVIDIA users.

I think this is the perfect summary, sums up my thoughts exactly.

Back